Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty three of the free bet season. This week it’s The Great Drinkell in charge and making the final selections. Now “Drinks” has  been an ever present on the thread this season and is currently on good form and striving to get onto our table after an unlucky start. I have tell you too that Paul is a top bloke who I had the pleasure of meeting at our PUPs meet in August. We also played darts against Billy and all I can say is Billy was lucky! Of course The Great Drinkell is also responsible for our friend young Nana and I wonder if there will be a touch of Nana in his selections this weekend.

I feel I must apologise for sorting such a difficult week for you to select Paul. The weather looks like it is going to decimate much of the domestic football programme this weekend. In fact I understand some games in Scotland have already been postponed. Added to this some of the European Leagues are still on holiday so I’m afraid you won’t have so much to choose from.

I’m sure all us PUPs will rise to the challenge of finding TGD not only naps that have a great chance of winning but also those that have a great chance of being played. I just had a quick look around and see that Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece have league matches scheduled this weekend.  A good site to check out the form of clubs in these leagues can be found here :- http://www.soccerstats.com/index.asp

Now I didn’t get to post the stats on Monday because the thread stopped working so I’ll post the full table again next week. But last weekend was an excellent effort by all concerned. 51 of us selected with 44 correct naps making an incredible success rate of 86%.  But just to prove how well our great friend Hissing Sid did those selection produced just 19 games of which only 13 were successful which was on a par with Sids excellent 4/6. Mr Bump[*] continues leading the way with an incredible 22/22 so far.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to The Great Drinkell now. I’m sorry to have landed you with such a rotten week but I have a feeling you are going to prove to be the man for the job. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Paul... the free bet is yours............[:)]...........

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -
Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening my fellow PUPs what a lovely introduction and one I thank you for NN. I would also like to add a special thanks to Devonshire who generously step aside to allow a newbie (which I was last season) have a go at picking I hope to do both of these prementioned folks proud. - I feel very honoured and previlledged to be given this opportunity.[:D]

Right as NN said I am responsible for young nana [:(] and to show the communal spirit of this thread I will be including an input from "the lad"! that said the final decision and therefore the responsibility will be mine (you need to keep these young uns in their place)

I look forward to seeing all your selection and I promise to give them all serious consideration. I have noticed there is no such thing as a certainty and over the last few weeks the pickers have been let down by what look like nailled on results.eg Barcelona , Cardiff , Liverpool Man Utd, and the list goes on therefore there may be one or two risks in the final selection.[;)]

Right lets get this show on the road so post away my friends and I''ll make my selections on Friday evening. good luck to you all.[Y]

If I can go fore Monday''s fixtures, then one surely not to be affected by the snow has to be Ivory Coast v Burkina Faso. HOME WIN.

Ok, so the great drikell has made his ''speach'' and I thought i better get my pick on here to give him more time to think about it. But before all of that he has given me one task - and that is to watch out for any banana skins because as you all know i am a banana so should notice them when i see them [;)]

Actually im just here to keep going on about it all week really [:D]

But my pick for this week will stand about 0.3% of a chance of being picked because as you have all guessed it is a DRAW!!

Instead of looking in england this week I felt like a trip to PORTUGAL, now ''TGD'' went on holiday to maderia once and told me about their 2 teams - Marítimo and Nacional and ever since them he has been keeping me updated on them occasionally and this week I decided to check who they were playing and Maritimo are playing a team 2 places above them in the league but are playing at their home ground, so using my logic i decided that a home team 2 places below their opposition will end in a draw [;)] Clever or what?! [Y]

Their most well known player to have played for them (well i wikipedia''ed'' this) is Pepe who currently plays for REAL MADRID - WOOO [:O]

So my pick this week is Maritimo v Guimaraes DRAW!!!

Good Luck [;)]

Was tempted to go for Barca again but they let me and Hissing Sid down so it''s ...........

REAL MADRID   -  v  -  Mallorca     HOME WIN

Good Luck TGD and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

Good luck TGD and to all the Pups.I''m going to have to be boring because of the blooming weather and go with:Barcelona to beat TenerifeGood luck once again!

Happy New Year to all on the Pink-un message board. I saw Exeter play a few weeks ago and am happy to report that despite a tall, composed, fleet of foot defender called Seabourne in their ranks they collectively didn''t look much good at all.

I''m therefore convinced that Norwich v Exeter will be a HOME WIN.

Good luck everyone [Y]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

The Africa Cup of Nations starts this weekend

[/quote]

Good call with that Cherub.[Y]

There are about four games there to choose from over Sunday and Monday.

What a terribly tricky week made the more so by the latest predictions of the Barbecue Summer/Mildest Winter For Years boffins at the Met Office. 

So, if it goes ahead: Premier League Arsenal v Everton - HOME WIN (their game tomorrow called off because there is white stuff on the roads - pitch fine).

If that gets called off: African Nations Cup Ghana v Togo - HOME WIN

Perhaps we should do two sets of picks this week?

Good luck to the picker as always but a nightmare week.   

Siena from the Serie A have not picked up a single point on their travels this season, so facing Inter Milan surely cannot be how this run will end. Inter Milan are even 7 points clear of second place. There surely cannot be any problem with this one.

Inter Milan V Siena - Home win.

Thought I''d try and be original today, then found Shaun beat me to it! Sticking with it though, Serie A for me and

Inter Milan v Siena - Home Win.

Good luck to all PUPs, especailly of course to you "Drinks".

Looking at the weather it looks like there will be widespread postponements again this weekend, where before I could rely on undersoil heating saving a game now it seems the health and safety officers don''t allow it because of the state of the pavements etc around the grounds. Therefore my nap this week will be outside my usual comfort zone and I''m going for

OLYMPIAKOS to beat Larissa from the Greek league, hopefully beats the freeze.

Good Luck Drinks and all pickers!

Gonna be a tough week, so ill try give a fresh game.Im sure it wont go ahead but id like to bring up Hibernian v Irvine Meadow in the Scottish FA Cup. So if the weather happens to be half decent up there, then this is nailed on.In the event of an expected cancellation then we will go to far warmer climbs with Ivory Coast over Burkina Faso. Should be a comfortable start for Drogba and co. Best of luck Drinks, think you will need it!

Totally out of my comfort zone this week as I can''t see there being much domestic football. So for the first time ever, have gone abroad and am in agreement with Shaun and Sid. A home win for Inter Milan v. Siena.

Inter are W7 D2 L0 F18 A8 at home and Siena are W1 D0 L7 away.

The very best of luck, The Great Drinkell! It''s not going to be an easy week.

Going to have to go with the herd on this one., and top vs bottom.

Inter to beat Siena for me too.

Good luck TGD!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]looks like poor old Drinks is not going to have a lot to choose from.[st] [st][/quote]

the other pups (the ones who have not chosen yet) are doing plenty of research on other un noticed games [;)]

Good luck Paul and hello Nutty from sunny Lanzarote.Flights delayed attempting to get home so my entry is being placed whilst sitting in the hotel using your mate David Blyth''s laptop.

My pick this week is Barcelona to win away in Tenerife.No chance of that one being off take it from me as it is lovely and sunny out here in the Canaries.