Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

Odds on favourite with a couple of Bookies now, does not look good. Even if he does not go to Burnley he is going to be linked with any vacancy that arises at lower Prem/Championship clubs from now on.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

All those claiming it is a 12 month rolling contract then please post a link to your source.

I can''t find anything other than he signed a "rolling contract" from news reports of when he took charge here.  I seem to remember Lambert mentioning something that he could only be here for a dozen or half a dozen games if things went badly and hinting that he was pretty much serving here on a game by game basis when he first took over also.

[/quote]

I have.  Can you link to those quotes from Lambert please?

One thing that has struck me, and reassured me, is the idea that Burnley are looking for someone young, hungry, after a challenge.  While Lambert fits the bill on the first two characteristics, he already has a challenge that he seems to be relishing right here with us.
[/quote]

Best I can offer you is this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8204016.stm

Listen to video clip right near the end (2:40) and Lambert talks about the contract briefly.  Mention of a rolling contract but no mention as to it''s length.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="JF"]

Post on the Burnley Mad site saying it''s going to be Neil Warnock and that betting on him has been suspended!

[/quote]

Oh well, if that''s true we''ll be seeing Colin*  back at Carrow Road next season!

(* Neal Warnock anagram)

[/quote]

LOL, you cocked that one up.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]We shall all just have to wait and see.[/quote]

Exactly its torture. I don''t understand why Lambert is favourite. He is doing well but what about all the teams near the top? We are in league 1 he is unproven in the leagues above. I am not doubting his ability but a jump from a good team in league 1 to a poor team in the Premiership might be a bad idea.

[/quote]

Well sadly it''s all we can do, I have personally e-mailed the club and asked that they either admit something is happening or quash the rumours.

[/quote]

Hasn''t Foulger already stated that NCFC have had no approach from Burnley?

Lets be objective about this link. In normal circumstances a league 1 club could not complain if a manager or player chose to leave for a premiership club. However on the balance of probabilities it is quite possible if not probable that Norwich and Burnley  will be in the same Division next season. Burnley attract about 12000 and Norwich 25 000 the difference in potential is there to see. Of course we have the debt which is a worry but Lambert is a shrewd man and he needs to be a bit patient and continue his excellent work with Norwich. Should he leave and foul up he could make himself virtually unemployable with so many clubs in a short time frame. I regard him very highly but let us not forget he has not won anything yet with anybody

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="JF"]

Post on the Burnley Mad site saying it''s going to be Neil Warnock and that betting on him has been suspended!

[/quote]

Oh well, if that''s true we''ll be seeing Colin*  back at Carrow Road next season!

(* Neal Warnock anagram)

[/quote]

LOL, you cocked that one up.

[/quote]

Doh.........

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]We shall all just have to wait and see.[/quote]

Exactly its torture. I don''t understand why Lambert is favourite. He is doing well but what about all the teams near the top? We are in league 1 he is unproven in the leagues above. I am not doubting his ability but a jump from a good team in league 1 to a poor team in the Premiership might be a bad idea.

[/quote]

Well sadly it''s all we can do, I have personally e-mailed the club and asked that they either admit something is happening or quash the rumours.

[/quote]

Hasn''t Foulger already stated that NCFC have had no approach from Burnley?

[/quote]

Indeed but I emailed them before his webchat

Is it true that our press conference has been called off due to snow or is that a wind up?

If that is true and coupled with no denials on our website then I think I am worried

I don''t like the look of that oddschecker page now. Some of those look like they''ll close their books soon. What makes them so sure?

Not sure if this has been posted yet as haven''t got time to read through all the pages, but the one massive draw that Burnley have over Norwich (other than level of football) is that it''s in the north west, and Lambert''s family are still based in Scotland.

Its a long drive from Burnley to Scotland and its a tedious drive from Burnley to Manchester airport...... but one is clutching at straws

Bookies are manipulating the market to catch some money on Lambert.........the rest of the market suggests that they are hedging, in other words with a market that size and with an odds on favourite you should have at least 10 managers on 100/1 or more, and not another 8 managers less than 10/1.Bookies sting I tell you.Don''t worry

Ive said before, i doubt Lambert will leave Norwich until he has got a  box ticked on his CV which is promotion.At the moment hes still a gamble.Looking at Burnley boards this morning it appears that the fans are pretty unsure about him and think its a step in the wrong direction.Who knows !Norwich are owe''d a bit of luck and glory after what we been through the last few seasons so i really hope he doesnt jump ship.But, hes proven that hes jumped ship before.

Having Paul Lambert as a manager is like taking a girlfriend back whos cheated on you before.In that... You want to belive but you get an itch in the back of your mind because of the past record of infidelity !

I hope you''re right Scottlarock - you sound like someone who is familiar with the machinations on the bookmakers! I''m not, but know a little about the tactics of stock exchange market makers and they sound very similar!

This thread was only started this morning and already it has attracted nearly 13,500 views and 18 pages of replies - which must be something of a record on this site, surely?

[quote user="a1canary"]I hope you''re right Scottlarock - you sound like someone who is familiar with the machinations on the bookmakers! I''m not, but know a little about the tactics of stock exchange market makers and they sound very similar![/quote]quiet days, no racing due to snow - bookies need turn over. It is the weirdest looking market I''ve seen in a long time.

This is quite hilarious..........in a black comedy sort of way.Only yesterday a thread '' The future '' was started on here and most posters agreed that Paul Lambert would be leaving sooner rather than later. Perhaps we didn''t suspect it might be this quick!!!Bookies don''t always get it right and the odds are governed by punters. It''s all a big guessing game and I don''t think the manager will leave Carrow Road for this appointment. True Burnley are a Premiership club at the moment but there''s a fair chance they''ll be playing us in the Championship next season so I think he''ll stick around if only to get some brownie points on his CV should we get promoted. After that it''s just a matter of time before he''s gone and let''s face it we won''t have too long to wait.Incidentally if he does go to Burnley the atmosphere will be unexpectedly a little different at Cuckoo Farm on the 16th Jan. Both sets of fans are cranking it up to give the respective panto villains the full treatment on the day. Robbie Cowling the Colchester '' Mr Nasty ''can expect no mercy - and no doubt won''t get it - but the Colchester fans ready to give the Norwich dug-out both barrels will find to their frustration that their target failed to make the curtain-up.The compensation issues between the three clubs might be quite interesting too......

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]This thread was only started this morning and already it has attracted nearly 13,500 views and 18 pages of replies - which must be something of a record on this site, surely?[/quote]

lol indeed, I bet a few have been Burnley and ColU fans

i dont think lambert will go as yes burnley r in the prem but we have a crowds unlike burnley! i hope norwich can keep him so we can keep our run up

[quote user="greenTshirt"]there''s currently around £100 availble to bet on lambert at betfair - not what i''d call big money. £500 was matched at around 6/4 nothin much else.

keep your eyes on this market - if he suddenly drops to 1.2 or 1.3 then that''s the time to worry a little. If he''d been approached then he would be around this price in such a shaky market
[/quote]

1.67 is the lowest at the moment.

[quote user="Darren Lamb.... Agent"]I think it''s about time we all calmed down and let this thread die out.[/quote]

Yes, but it won''t happen until the real news comes out. Perhaps we''re at the beginning of a new cycle in English football managers where multiple managers are appointments in waiting, only to find out that the first appointment fails to happen and, ultimately, no change in managers take place at all. Kind of reminds me of what it was like in nursery school. The teacher used to make all us little kids stand up and walk around the room in a circle looking for something interesting until she clapped her hands and back to our spot we were sent.

Foulger says no approach has been made and he is confident that Lambert is here for the foreseeable