Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5840767,00.html?utm_source=footballshirts365&utm_medium=twitter

YES! We need a manager that will take this club forward!....And whilst we''re at it.....bring back Neil Doncaster - as our present CE is ineffective.

[quote user="singing canary"]well said penfold . what you have said sums it up .

my other halfs dad lives in crawshawbooth about 4 miles from burney and i rang him and asked him if he knew anything.

after he read the pinkun forum his quote was .... "my god your lot are paranoid"

i would be shocked and somewhat surprised if he did go , yet again stranger things have happened.[/quote]

And as I said, why would he know. Norwich fans didn''t know Lambert was coming.

Well Jas, to answer that Owen Coyle was in talks with Arsenal to sign Jack Wilshire on loan only days ago, along with aunamed defender. So I wouldnt read too much into that. Dont think this will happen still.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I will go with that Jas as soon as they sign I will relax, unfortunately both were supposed to have medicals today and now they are tomorrow.[/quote]

how do you know that the medicals are tomorrow?

[quote user="Canary Renaissance"]

The Paddy Power (Talk Sport) representative just mention that Lambert is bookies favourite. They are following the money!

But they must be wrong on this occasion?

[/quote]He didn''t sound convinced to me. Didn''t seem like he had any inside information.Lambert is still favorite on Betfair but his odds are now drifting.

[quote user="colufan"]Looks like William Hill have closed their book.....[/quote]They closed it at lunchtime.

Paulo Sousa admits his ambition is to manage in the Premier League and the Swansea City boss is "flattered" to be linked to the vacant Burnley job.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins has issued a hands-off warning to the Premier League new boys as Burnley look to replace Bolton-bound previous coach Owen Coyle.

But the Portuguese boss did not rule himself out of the Turfmoor post. .....................

i think this man is more likely to fill the burnley hot seat.

Just been on there fan site, there after curbishley and theres rumours that he''s going to be announced with southgate his number 2!!!!

I don''t know whether this has been raised (as I can''t be arsed to trawl through 23 pages of hysteria), but look at this from the Burnley perspective for a minute.their Board have just lost a (formerly!) highly popular manager. They could still stay up, and there are experienced managers out of work, plus some very good ones in the Championship. Given that, why would they go for a guy with NO Premiership experienced who, whilst his record is pretty good, has done it in the lower Leagues?

Remember the response on here when he got the City job, it was highly unequivocal enthusiasm from all quarters, was it? However, just a few months on many posters seem to see him as a shoo in at the highest level. I may be wrong, but I think this is a media/bookie creation with little real substance.