Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

If he does stay lets just hope his integrity is kept intact by the players and supporters. Not Lamberts fault that hes a wanted man and doing a brilliant job.

I suppose this goes with the territory of appointing ambitious managers. It makes a change for our manager to be linked with another club- at least it proves he is doing a lot right.

Hopefully Norwich City''s ambition matches his and he believes he can take us as far as he can.

Norwich City have issued a statement to confirm they have received no approach for manager Paul Lambert.

The Canaries chief has been heavily backed at some bookmakers to succeed Owen Coyle at Premier League Burnley.

Coyle''s imminent departure to Bolton has led to fevered speculation as to his replacement and it is Lambert, a fellow Scot, who has been mentioned in the early running.

Lambert certainly fits the criteria Burnley used in recruiting Coyle, in that he is an up-and-coming young tactician, but Norwich insist he is staying at Carrow Road.

Having only joined the Canaries in August last year the League One promotion hopefuls would be loath to lose his services at such a critical juncture of the season.

Norwich director Michael Foulger retains complete confidence that Lambert will not be lured away.

"Once again we have had no approach for Paul," he told the club''s official website.

"I''m really impressed with his commitment to Norwich City and the way he goes about his business and I want him to take this club forward."

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Norwich City have issued a statement to confirm they have received no approach for manager Paul Lambert.

The Canaries chief has been heavily backed at some bookmakers to succeed Owen Coyle at Premier League Burnley.

Coyle''s imminent departure to Bolton has led to fevered speculation as to his replacement and it is Lambert, a fellow Scot, who has been mentioned in the early running.

Lambert certainly fits the criteria Burnley used in recruiting Coyle, in that he is an up-and-coming young tactician, but Norwich insist he is staying at Carrow Road.

Having only joined the Canaries in August last year the League One promotion hopefuls would be loath to lose his services at such a critical juncture of the season.

Norwich director Michael Foulger retains complete confidence that Lambert will not be lured away.

"Once again we have had no approach for Paul," he told the club''s official website.

"I''m really impressed with his commitment to Norwich City and the way he goes about his business and I want him to take this club forward."

[/quote]

That was several hours ago taken from the webchat with Foulger

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Sorry, just dipping in when I can.[/quote]

No need to be sorry, I wasn''t having a go.  All comments welcome[Y].  I was just clarifying it as I thought there had been a new statement and others may have too[:)]

yeah i saw this... that was my bloody question to foulger as well! cheeky sky! I had written an article on the Lambert to Burnley story for the Mail... but Sky have beaten me to it... curses! Isn''t it strange that on a day where this MB wold be posting like mad about Johnson signing and Whitbread''s arrival imminent that the talk is all of fear of losing our manager... One thing for sure though... Isn''t it a good thing that we have a manager that is being talked about in this way? it is a long time since we had a manager that anyone else wanted. Look on the brightside guys... IF he goes (sorry Wiz) ... I think a lot bettewr calibre of manager will be interested in taking over now than when we sacked Gunn. I hope he doesn''t go... he will one day... like someone else said... he''s a bit like dating a girl you know is out of your league... (it never happened to me as I have looks to die for and a personality that could make the fiercest of tigers purr) you know she''ll brake your heart one day, you just have to enjoy the ride whilst it lasts... :-) 

There is now another manager on the move in the markets - price on skybet has dropped from 50/1 to 20/1 and on betfair did go down to 7/1 although is now 10/1 and that manager is Simon Grayson. Lets hope that previous posters were correct and this is the man about to be on the move

I don''t care if Burnley are in the prem, Lambert is a young manager and will have more opportunities to manage a better club in the future if he fails to make it there with us. I''ll be gutted if he does leave especially for a ramshackle club like Burnley, if after a couple of years we are nowhere near getting to the prem I could understand him going there but not so soon after joining us.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]There is now another manager on the move in the markets - price on skybet has dropped from 50/1 to 20/1 and on betfair did go down to 7/1 although is now 10/1 and that manager is Simon Grayson. Lets hope that previous posters were correct and this is the man about to be on the move[/quote]If I were Burnley he would be the man I would go for... Grayson has a fantastic record at Leeds... Lambert would however be my second choice... L1 has a number of very decent managers in it now it seems... Grayson, Lambert, Scott, Clark, Jackett, Pardew, Trollope... Not to mention Boothroyd, Ince, Parkinson, Wilson, Tisdale, Abbott and Tilson.

I will be more worried about all this if we don''t seal the Whitbread signing. If that goes through then in my eyes its all still full steam ahead under lambert. If that one suddenly does not happen then there may be something in the Burnley link as it may have meant the transfer has been put on ice (if you''ll pardon the pun!).

Johnson signing must be a good sign.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]There is now another manager on the move in the markets - price on skybet has dropped from 50/1 to 20/1 and on betfair did go down to 7/1 although is now 10/1 and that manager is Simon Grayson. Lets hope that previous posters were correct and this is the man about to be on the move[/quote]I wonder what would happen to Leeds if both Beckford and Grayson left? I''m just hoping that it will be Grayson or Boothroyd

Can''t see Grayson leaving Leeds for Burnley. Leeds are a bigger club and are even more nailed on for promotion than us plus Grayson is a Leeds fan so its his dream job. Don''t forget he dropped a division to go there.

Sadly Lambo does not have the same link with us although I think there have been signs of a bit of a bond developing in recent weeks.

[quote user="we went down"]This is a fact...my mate just saw lambert get off a plane at burnley international airport.[/quote]Did he go straight to Asda?

[quote user="we went down"]This is a fact...my mate just saw lambert get off a plane at burnley international airport.[/quote]

Good one considering burnley doesnt even have an airport

Think logically though, The Celtic job must be on his radar.Thus..Why move fromColWho - Norwich - Bumley - Celtic ?!?ie:League 1 Mid Table Who?  -  Promotion to the Champ  - Relegation from the Prem - Scottish Champs ( League 2 Promotion *snigger snigger*)But seriously,Promotion then Celtic job must be on his mind