Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

Article in today''s Guardian mentions a whole raft of candidates, but Lambert''s name doesn''t come up at all. In addition, the Burnley board say that they have yet to complete a shortlist.

He''s establishing himself at norwich, surely he won''t leave for at least this season?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Mister Chops"]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123346942Is Lambert even on a proper contract?[/quote]Yes, a one year rolling one.[/quote]

Where is your evidence for this Chimp?

Did you look at the link which I posted yesterday???

He is not on a one year contract.

[/quote]The EDP article I linked to yesterday says a one-year rolling deal.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED18%20Aug%202009%2010%3A06%3A31%3A857Not exactly concrete to be fair, but I seriously doubt we would tempt another manager away from a club on the promise of a lucrative ''week at a time'' contract.

TBH Lambert needs to prove himself somewhere first. To leave another club just 5 months after joining would not be good for his reputation IMHO especially as Burnley are a smaller club than us.

Don''t be surprised if he ends up at Celtic in the summer though.

[quote user="go donowa go"]

this is off the burnley mad site

This is the 5th time in 3 days that betting has been suspended; twice for Coppell, once for Jewell, once for Phelan and once for Lambert.

I think this shows that no one has really got a clue whats going on

[/quote]

I agree.

bookies are clever, they often cut the price of someone in these ''special markets'' to entice people to back them!

By cutting Lambert to 8/11 they are making the average punter think ''Oh he must be going, ill have £20 on that'' When in reality if bookies really thought lambert really would be going, he''d be 1/5

Lambert odds today.

Evens favourite Sky Bet.

6/4 favourite PaddyPower.

8/11 favourite William Hill

24/5 Favourite Betfair.

Have to say that although still favourte with Betfiar, Betfair odds are a little more realistic.

He will get the Celtic job when Mowbray leaves, put a bet on that if anything.

Isn''t it fantastic reading Bowkett and Mcnally''s comments on the home page. “We have said that, we have recognised that Paul Lambert will manage in the Premier League one day. We want that to be with us.

“The reason we joined the football club is to see this club progress. We want to get to the Championship as quickly as possible, but as soon as we are there we are looking up.”  “And to be perfectly brutal, it is probable that we will be in the Championship next year and it is probable that Burnley will be in the Championship next year and I think Paul would prefer to work for the Norwich fans than the Burnley fans.”
Where would we be now if we had this attitude for the last 5 seasons!?

Doubt that Grayson would consider leaving Leeds for anyone but a massive premier league club.  Certainly not little Burnley.  He has the chance to take a huge club with a huge fanbase back to the prem himself so why would he go?  Much like Lambo and us but we all have to admit Leeds are much bigger.  Not that I wouldn''t love him to leave them, but I doubt it very much.

Dont get people who say Grayson wouldnt leave Leeds as hes a Leeds fan.

Alan Smith was a Leeds fan and player, that didnt stop him jumping ship and signing for their bitter rivals Man Utd.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Mister Chops"]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123346942

Is Lambert even on a proper contract?
[/quote]

Yes, a one year rolling one.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where?

Didn''t see you link to any article mate.

The EDP article I linked to yesterday says a one-year rolling deal.
[/quote]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Mister Chops"]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123346942

Is Lambert even on a proper contract?
[/quote]

Yes, a one year rolling one.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The EDP article I linked to yesterday says a one-year rolling deal.
[/quote]

Whoops... [:$]

Where?

I didn''t see you link to any article mate.

You mean this one?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED18%20Aug%202009%2010%3A06%3A31%3A857

It says that "it is understood he will be placed on a year''s rolling contract" but has anybody ever confirmed the length of his contract?  My point still remains that surely we she be getting him to sign a longer term deal or we will be running the risk of losing him for next to nothing again pretty soon.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Grayson is now only 10-1 to take the Burnley job from33-1 yesterday...[/quote]

Means nothing, big cuts in odds are there to entice punters

My story about Lambert got in the Daily Mail today and online and even a link in the BBC gossip section! Now all I need them to do is print our Chairman''s ''Lambert''s going nowhere'' story! For what it is woorth, I think Lambert and Grayson would be foolish to move to Burnley. BOTH are at big clubsBOTH are likely to add a promotion to their CVs... If Lambert left he''d be doing a Dennis Wise... and where is Wise now?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Lambert has distanced himself from the Burnley job by saying "I have a job to do at Norwich"[/quote]

Exactly the same quote made my Owen Coyle on monday

[quote user="Smudger"]

You mean this one?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED18%20Aug%202009%2010%3A06%3A31%3A857

It says that "it is understood he will be placed on a year''s rolling contract" but has anybody ever confirmed the length of his contract?  My point still remains that surely we she be getting him to sign a longer term deal or we will be running the risk of losing him for next to nothing again pretty soon.

[/quote]

Worthy was on a rolling contract here for years mate.