Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="burnleyfan"]

Look at the 16th. We''re going to Manchester United

You''re going to Colchester United.[/quote]Easy tiger, dont come in here throwing that kinda crap about.I mean.... where is Burnley anyway ? I couldnt find it on a map if i wanted to.... and your punching above your weight being in the Prem even. Hope your preparations are in place for Championship football next season, ours are ;) ( But i will agree at the LOL whothehell are Colchester part )[/quote]

burnley is difficult to find on a map because there are a number of passionate footballing towns and cities in the area. norwich on the other hand is very very easy to find on a map as there is nothing for 40 miles around it! you dont even have a full dual carriageway link to the rest of the world for christ sake!

[quote user="eddy melito"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="burnleyfan"] Look at the 16th. We''re going to Manchester United You''re going to Colchester United.[/quote]Easy tiger, dont come in here throwing that kinda crap about.I mean.... where is Burnley anyway ? I couldnt find it on a map if i wanted to.... and your punching above your weight being in the Prem even. Hope your preparations are in place for Championship football next season, ours are ;) ( But i will agree at the LOL whothehell are Colchester part )[/quote] burnley is difficult to find on a map because there are a number of passionate footballing towns and cities in the area. norwich on the other hand is very very easy to find on a map as there is nothing for 40 miles around it! you dont even have a full dual carriageway link to the rest of the world for christ sake![/quote]

Blimey, I take it you''ve never been to Norwich or surrounding areas much, most of the A47 is dualed.  The reason we don''t have it is because we don''t want any old idiot visiting [:)]

[quote user="eddy melito"]

burnley is difficult to find on a map because there are a number of passionate footballing towns and cities in the area. norwich on the other hand is very very easy to find on a map as there is nothing for 40 miles around it! you dont even have a full dual carriageway link to the rest of the world for christ sake![/quote]ok so what we have achieved here is...YOUR JUST A SMALL VILLAGE NEAR  <insert club name you find the most insulting>Thanks for clearing that up :)

I hope Colchester do another 7-1 over you lot.

What a bunch of deluded idiots.

Im sure colchester can be found on the road from norfolk to civilisation?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Kdncfc, I agree with you about the bookies, and Lambert wont go, but to say we are a bigger club than Burnley is a bit wide of the mark. Burnley has a lot of history, it also only has a population of 80,000 and has the highest population to fan fanbase in the country. They are also in the premiership, we are in league one, I would like to think of us as a bigger team than wigan who have a poor support {being a rugby town} and were in the non league not too long ago, sadly though we are not bigger than wigan and currently are not bigger than Burnley. If Burnley made a bid for Hoolahan would you deny him this move or is your thinking management based and not player based? Could you honestly deny any player in League One the chance to play in the Premiership? Look at Jermaine Beckford, poised for promotion with Leeds but set for Newcastle. And no im not trying to take the p;ss mate.[/quote]

I would deny any of our players a move to a prem club if I could Arthur, I care about NCFC and don''t give a damn about a player or manager furthering his career elsewhere. If we can find a new owner with a bit of cash I think our long term prospects would be far better than Burnleys will ever be and that scenario will happen one day hopefully sooner rather than later. I am sick to the back teeth with the way players and managers jump ship at the first opportunity, probably won''t happen but it would be nice to see our players show us a bit of loyalty after what we''ve been through the last few years.

[quote user="burnleyfan"]I hope Colchester do another 7-1 over you lot.

Im sure colchester can be found on the road from norfolk to civilisation?[/quote]

THERES ONLY ONE OWEN COYLE!!

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]Paul Jewell now joint favouriteOh well, it''s be a fun day[/quote]

Where did you see that?

[/quote]betfair - actually I was a bit premature - jewel slipped out again to 4/1 - Lambert is 7/2. But Jewell''s odds are all over the placeBetfair are a bit more reliable in the next manager markets - the bookies are totally unreliable when it comes to books on very weak markets. Basically Lambert is a false favourite - if there was any truth in this he would be much much shorter in the betting - say around 1/5

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="eddy melito"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="burnleyfan"] Look at the 16th. We''re going to Manchester United You''re going to Colchester United.[/quote]Easy tiger, dont come in here throwing that kinda crap about.I mean.... where is Burnley anyway ? I couldnt find it on a map if i wanted to.... and your punching above your weight being in the Prem even. Hope your preparations are in place for Championship football next season, ours are ;) ( But i will agree at the LOL whothehell are Colchester part )[/quote] burnley is difficult to find on a map because there are a number of passionate footballing towns and cities in the area. norwich on the other hand is very very easy to find on a map as there is nothing for 40 miles around it! you dont even have a full dual carriageway link to the rest of the world for christ sake![/quote]

Blimey, I take it you''ve never been to Norwich or surrounding areas much, most of the A47 is dualed.  The reason we don''t have it is because we don''t want any old idiot visiting [:)]

[/quote]

i certainly have, and thats why i said full dual carriageway link. as far as i remember, the a47 is a decent road about 10 miles east of norwich then goes single again, and maybe 15 miles west? then it has bits and bobs of dual and single. either way, its got pretty poor transport links to the rest of the world for a city.

[quote user="greenTshirt"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]Paul Jewell now joint favourite

Oh well, it''s be a fun day
[/quote]

Where did you see that?

[/quote]

betfair - actually I was a bit premature - jewel slipped out again to 4/1 - Lambert is 7/2. But Jewell''s odds are all over the place

Betfair are a bit more reliable in the next manager markets - the bookies are totally unreliable when it comes to books on very weak markets.

Basically Lambert is a false favourite - if there was any truth in this he would be much much shorter in the betting - say around 1/5
[/quote]

so jewel being all over the place in the odds is a far more accurate picture then?

[quote user="greenTshirt"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]Paul Jewell now joint favourite

Oh well, it''s be a fun day
[/quote]

Where did you see that?

[/quote]

betfair - actually I was a bit premature - jewel slipped out again to 4/1 - Lambert is 7/2. But Jewell''s odds are all over the place

Betfair are a bit more reliable in the next manager markets - the bookies are totally unreliable when it comes to books on very weak markets.

Basically Lambert is a false favourite - if there was any truth in this he would be much much shorter in the betting - say around 1/5
[/quote]

Agreed, if the bookies knew anything it would be much shorter, at the moment they''re just reacting to where the money is going. But its does suggest someone somewhere thinks theres a good chance he''ll get the job. Jewell''s odds shorten on betfair....well....that''ll justbe the same to be fair. Who actually knows? Well, I''d suggest no-one...probably not even the Burnley chairman yet.

[quote user="burnleyfan"]I hope Colchester do another 7-1 over you lot.

Im sure colchester can be found on the road from norfolk to civilisation?[/quote]Yes it sure can :)Its got a lovely village green and cream teas to die for.You would like the small time feel, make you feel right at home.See ya next year  in the Championship, then you can come play at a decent stadium.

Isn''t this all simply Col U  and Binner fans putting silly bets on Lambert,therefore bringing his odds down.Clever ruse,and it seems to have worked!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="burnleyfan"]I hope Colchester do another 7-1 over you lot. What a bunch of deluded idiots. Im sure colchester can be found on the road from norfolk to civilisation?[/quote]

Yes it sure can :)
Its got a lovely village green and cream teas to die for.

You would like the small time feel, make you feel right at home.

See ya next year  in the Championship, then you can come play at a decent stadium.
[/quote]

yep, luckily we have norwich in league 1 at the moment so we dont have to get promoted to find out what it must be like to be in the premiership! how thoughtful of them. [;)]

[quote user="burnleyfan"]I hope Colchester do another 7-1 over you lot. What a bunch of deluded idiots. Im sure colchester can be found on the road from norfolk to civilisation?[/quote] Have to agree with him on the deluded part! To claim that a league1 team is "bigger" than a Premier league team is laughable. Really people take your yellow tinted specs off and look at the big picture your begining to sound like Leeds fans. It doesn''t matter a sh#t how many fans a club gets all that matters is what league you play your football in.

[quote user="Herman "]Isn''t this all simply Col U  and Binner fans putting silly bets on Lambert,therefore bringing his odds down.Clever ruse,and it seems to have worked!![/quote]Yeh it would coincide with the huge influx of inbreds on here today.Only job Lambert has in his eyes at the moment is the Celtic one... now thats worth getting your pants twisted about, not Burnley.

[quote user="eddy melito"][quote user="greenTshirt"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]Paul Jewell now joint favouriteOh well, it''s be a fun day[/quote]

Where did you see that?

[/quote]betfair - actually I was a bit premature - jewel slipped out again to 4/1 - Lambert is 7/2. But Jewell''s odds are all over the placeBetfair are a bit more reliable in the next manager markets - the bookies are totally unreliable when it comes to books on very weak markets. Basically Lambert is a false favourite - if there was any truth in this he would be much much shorter in the betting - say around 1/5[/quote]

so jewel being all over the place in the odds is a far more accurate picture then?

[/quote]

fair comment, but the whole market is all over the place - there''s no certainty here whatsoever. I''ve been watching this on betfair since the market opened today and Lambert has drifted from 6/4 to 7/2 over the course of the afternoon.  Take what you will from this.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Sorry I''m picking at you again WAY but it''s not really is it.  The A47 is an absolutely dire road which needs to be sorted.  I drove from Leicester to Norwich on it just before Xmas, and I tell you what, it was probably one of the worst journeys I''ve ever had and there was next to no traffic.  One thing we can''t argue about when it comes to Norwich and Norfolk in general is that the transport network is absolutely rubbish!

[quote user="Herman "]Isn''t this all simply Col U  and Binner fans putting silly bets on Lambert,therefore bringing his odds down.Clever ruse,and it seems to have worked!![/quote] I certainly wouldn''t say you are wrong there Herman, considering the number of posts from non-canary fans on this thread

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Sorry I''m picking at you again WAY but it''s not really is it.  The A47 is an absolutely dire road which needs to be sorted.  I drove from Leicester to Norwich on it just before Xmas, and I tell you what, it was probably one of the worst journeys I''ve ever had and there was next to no traffic.  One thing we can''t argue about when it comes to Norwich and Norfolk in general is that the transport network is absolutely rubbish!
[/quote]

The A47 dual carriageway runs right past the end of our garden, and I travel it weekly, and know a lot of it is dualled, I never said we had a fantastic transport system did i?

We don''t want big motorways in Norfolk.  Might not be convenient, but we love Norfolk the way it is [:)]

Is Lambert in for the Bunly job as well!? He is as good as gone [:''(]

I like Buns...You think they would take me ??My Footy Manager CV is as long as my arm and my Year 7 School team went all season without losing last year... ok so they played 6 drew 5 won 1 but they were all little kids and crap !