Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

[quote user="jedi"]Just been on there fan site, there after curbishley and theres rumours that he''s going to be announced with southgate his number 2!!!![/quote]So their! [+o(]

I''m deeply concerned at this link with Burnley. I don''t think it would be a good move for Paul. Not just cause im a Norwich fan, but we have lots more future potential than Burnley.

I would be surprised if he took the job. I would also be gutted.

Lets hope he plans to stay. Its never good when a manager constantly moves around.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Curbs would make sense.  Safe pair of hands, knows the division inside out.  Hmm.[/quote]I think it is more likely as he has great exp during his time at Charlton in the prem

I have been watching SSN for on and off and they haven''t even talked aobut Lambert. When they were talking about Burnley Sky had spoke to the Hibs manager and he ruled himself out. SSN usually the go through the odds and everything but they haven''t done that, even for a Premiership club. I expect this to be old news tomorrow and just speculation from bored bookies.

I suggest people make a big banner for Saturday pleading with him to stay and chant his name all game long. Make him find it impossible to turn his back on us.

Whilst I would be absolutely gutted if Lambert did decide to go Burnley I would not feel any anger towards him.

Who can blame a man for moving himself up the ladder and increasing his wages etc etc.

Whilst some of you may not view it as a step up the ladder i''m afraid to say it is. Burnley are a premier league club and have a good a chance as about 8 other teams in the premier league currently do of staying up.

Even if the worst happens and he goes down with Burnley he will have the benefits of parachute payments and will have a huge advantage over us if both teams are in the championship next season.

The fact that it is a step up for a manager to move to Burnley from us I blame firmly at the feet of the people who have been running this club (prior to this season )over the last few years. Messers Doncaster and Mumby along with the rest of the board of directors.

Just looking at the figures that were announced today shows how badly we have been run in the last few days. Who in their right mind could not see that paying out 6 figure sums for signing on fees for loan player after loan player was good business.

Ever since we got promoted we have been treated as a soft touch by agents, clubs and players alike. We simply have not been streetwise to the sharks that operate in the world of football. As a result we have wasted probably the best opportunity we will ever have to establish ourselves in the Premiership again. Hence why Burnley are a better option for a hungry, progressive and talented manager.

If Lambert goes I will always have a soft spot for him as after 3 of the most depressing years ever supporting Norwich where he has put a backbone back into the team and given us the fans hope and belief.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I suggest people make a big banner for Saturday pleading with him to stay and chant his name all game long. Make him find it impossible to turn his back on us.[/quote]

Unless of course we get beat.

In which case he can bugger off to Burnley.

I''ve just put a fiver on Sousa so i''m expecting to see his odds tumble now and this will all behind us! Phew!

I think when you look back at how shambolic we have been under Grant, so passionless and disjointed in Roeder''s second season, and so woefully inept under Gunn......its truly remarkable what Lambert has achieved with largely the same squad, ish, and with far far less money to spend to make it ''his'' team. He''s still working with a frankenstein''s monster squad of Grant, Roeder and Gunn, the only players he can call his own being McNamee, R Martin and Forster.Shows how good a manager Lambert is and I think we will struggle to keep hold of him from now on. Hopefully this Burnley talk will blow over and if he stays he ''will'' get us promoted and then it will start all over again in the summer. Perhaps by then another Premiership team will be after a new manager.Either way whilst ill be gutted if Lambert goes, I think its inevitable that he will move on to bigger and better things. This guy is very talented and deserves a better stage. I wish we could give it to him but realistically were a League 1 club, have been run by League 1 people (with the exeption of McNally) and we are where we deserve to be. Lambert deserves better and I wouldnt blame him if he goes. We must do all we can do keep him and simply cannot afford to mess him about like we have done in the past with managers. 

My two cents for what its worth. I find this quite odd. Nothing in any national media about this simply that the bookies have made him favourite. Usually a manager is linked in the press and the odds go from there. Surely someone in the media would know what the bookies know and would have reported it by now, at least as this has been going on all day. I expect that only Burnley and Norwich fans know anything about this. I hope and pray to the football gods that this is all hot air and that someone, somewhere has been yanking the bookies chain.

This name has not been one that I have heard around.

I would have thought you guys would have known more. Do you see him staying in Norfolk?

I''m not confident with a manager who does not mind jumping ships at every chance

If our club, with Lambert at the helm, is to be remotely successful again then we are going to have to get used to him being linked with every job that''s going at a ''bigger'' club. He might end up taking one of them, but I fully expect that he''ll be linked with/turn down more.

[quote user="burnleyfan"]This name has not been one that I have heard around.

I would have thought you guys would have known more. Do you see him staying in Norfolk?

I''m not confident with a manager who does not mind jumping ships at every chance[/quote]

Overnight with the bookies he went from 33/1 to 8/11 with some now not taking bets A bit of a shock

I would be very disappointed in Lambert if he goes, he''s young enough to bide his time for at least another season and a half to see if he can get us promoted. There''ll be far bigger jobs than Burnley there for the taking sometime in the not too distant future if he continues to be a success here.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]paul lambert now odds on with most bookies. 5/2 with betfair. Taken fron a Burnley fans site.[/quote]

Seem to remember Paul Jewell being favourite to get our managers job and it didn''t happen, bookies are often wrong when it comes to the managerial merry go round.

[quote user="claud"]If our club, with Lambert at the helm, is to be remotely successful again then we are going to have to get used to him being linked with every job that''s going at a ''bigger'' club. He might end up taking one of them, but I fully expect that he''ll be linked with/turn down more.
[/quote]

If he was linked with a job at a bigger club I could accept it, even though Burnley do have a distant history they have been behind is in the pecking order for most of the last 35 years and even though they''re in the prem I still don''t see them as bigger than us.

I see the bookies starting to work up the market on this book. With a load of business likely to go with game postponements over the weekend they have got to try and make their money somewhere in the domestic football market.

Let''s not even think about it, we need to stay behind Lambert and the lads and keep the positive atmosphere we have had (for the first time in years) since his arrival!

Worst comes to the worst I rust McNally to find the right man, but he won''t be looking until we are a Championship club again!