Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

[quote user="wackojacko"]

[quote user="we went down"]This is a fact...my mate just saw lambert get off a plane at burnley international airport.[/quote]

Good one considering burnley doesnt even have an airport

[/quote]Funny that, I saw Boothroyd at Norwich International this morning !

[quote user="wackojacko"]

[quote user="we went down"]This is a fact...my mate just saw lambert get off a plane at burnley international airport.[/quote]

Good one considering burnley doesnt even have an airport

[/quote]LOL i knew someone would write that.....pmsl

Lambert is a great manager and League 1 does have some good managers in it,but why would Burnley be looking in this league at the moment? The aim would have to be to go after a Championhip or former Premiership manager. It would have made more sense for them to go for Fergie Jnr before he signed for Preston if that was the level/type they wanted.

I still think a Paul Jewell or Alan Curbishley type would fit the bill more; they took a punt on OC and it worked out, but they have more to lose now and more pull for a better known name.

Relax, Lambert will lead us to promotion before going anywhere..I''m almost nearly certain about it!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Can''t see Grayson leaving Leeds for Burnley. Leeds are a bigger club and are even more nailed on for promotion than us plus Grayson is a Leeds fan so its his dream job. Don''t forget he dropped a division to go there.

Sadly Lambo does not have the same link with us although I think there have been signs of a bit of a bond developing in recent weeks.

[/quote]

Well said mr Smith... you seem a decent & intelligent chap. I''ll sleep easier now

I think he''ll stay. I think the reason he cam here was because he''s got more opportunity to progress here than with Colchester. I doubt he''ll leave us in the position we''re in, he''s more than likely to see be with us in the Championship next season :)

manchester airport is the closest ... the is no talk of lambert going to burnley my other half is a big burnley fan and comes from that area and still have friends and family there.

its the first they have heard of it .

thats direct from burnley .

if im honest in three years time us and burnley are more than likely to be playing in the championship towards the top. Id say we are the bigger club but their finnancial position will be better due to more recent premiership stint. Celtic arnt winning the league this year and i think they will sack Mowbary maybe lambert as a plan to keep burnely up then apply for the celtic position, farfetched i know but he will manage Celtic sooner or later.

I think he''ll stay until the end of the season.  Beyond that, who knows?

He''s reached the stage in his career where he needs more on his CV than a playoff semi and Cup semi with Wycombe or he''ll get branded a nearly man who doesn''t stay anywhere long enough to achieve anything.  Burnley are at least as likely to go down (despite his best efforts) as we are to go up, so which would he prefer on his CV - a promotion or a relegation?  It''s a no-brainer imo.

Unless of course he believes that administration and the loss of 10 points is just round the corner . . . [+o(]

Although I still don''t think he''s leaving you, the fact that your folks in Burnley don''t know anything about it proves nothing.

If you look back I think you''ll find I told you that Lambert was joining you when most of your board was betting on Robins, as was the press.

I don''t know why a Premiership club would appoint Lambert unless they knew him. He''s never managed in the Championship let alone the top-flight, and to be objective he hasn''t actually done anything here unexpected. I love Paul Lambert, I think he''s a terrific young manager, but right

now it''s hard to quantify how much of our position is down to him and

how much is down to momentum and us being bigger than the teams we are facing. Sure he''s turned us around from a poor place, but given the quality of our squad and the level of support we are exactly where we should be - at the top end of the table. This is a poor league and I would expect any resonably competent manager to be able to get Norwich City out it, I don''t see it as a sign of greatness in the making. I believe he will go on to big things, perhaps even greatness, but right now there are managers around who have done considerably more than our Lambo. Look at Nigel Pearson, for example. He got Leicester promoted last year and has continued their good form this year, but he hasn''t even got a mention. Billy Davis has a promotion to his name and now has Forest on the up. Darren Ferguson has two promotions to his name and was available for free, then there''s the Coppells and Curbishleys of this world, who have seen and done it all. Lambert is an illogical appointment for Burnley. You''re only worried because we''re on the up for the first time in years and you''re frightened it''s all going to go wrong. 

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I think he''ll stay until the end of the season.  Beyond that, who knows?

He''s reached the stage in his career where he needs more on his CV than a playoff semi and Cup semi with Wycombe or he''ll get branded a nearly man who doesn''t stay anywhere long enough to achieve anything.  Burnley are at least as likely to go down (despite his best efforts) as we are to go up, so which would he prefer on his CV - a promotion or a relegation?  It''s a no-brainer imo.

Unless of course he believes that administration and the loss of 10 points is just round the corner . . . [+o(]

[/quote]

I Doubt administration is round the corner when weve just signed two players and likely to adding another two

I dont think he will go. Personally i see burnley coming down and with us hopefull going up it leaves him in no better position apart from a bigger budget through parachute payments. All of the burnley forums keep going on about our £23 million debt but its obviously being managed as we are signing players! The only problem will be is when celtic sack Mr Mowbary.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Hey Col if Lambert does leave will all your fans return all their tickets, they will have no one to shout at. Only joking[/quote]

No we''ll just shout at you lot instead :-)

who thinks lambert will leave for burnley if they wanted him ? considering we have already seen that he will leave one club to join another ( col u - norwich) i hope and dont think he will go

well said penfold . what you have said sums it up .

my other halfs dad lives in crawshawbooth about 4 miles from burney and i rang him and asked him if he knew anything.

after he read the pinkun forum his quote was .... "my god your lot are paranoid"

i would be shocked and somewhat surprised if he did go , yet again stranger things have happened.

Its already getting out of hand.And there must be three threads on the exact same subject.

those of who think Lambert is off.. is he really going to waste his time signing a striker and possibly whitbread just to clear off a few hours later?

Common sense people eh?

Its quite simple , if he gets offered a Premiership job he will go . On the other hand if Burnley were to appoint him they may find out like Blackburn did with Ince that the jump is to great , and in all honesty whoever was managing Norwich right now would be having a fair amount of success because the opposition we are playing is so poor.

[quote user="NCFC1"]who thinks lambert will leave for burnley if they wanted him ? considering we have already seen that he will leave one club to join another ( col u - norwich) i hope and dont think he will go[/quote]genius...

Who cares what any of us think (unless one of us is Paul Lambert) the only person that knows is him, so why not ask him