Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

i can see where you are all coming from with regards to making signings if hes going to leave, but on the other hand, if they didnt spend it, it could encourage him to take the job if offered they will have to be seen to be backing the manager if they want to keep him, not publically question his loyalty and show a lack of trust towards him.

All those claiming it is a 12 month rolling contract then please post a link to your source.

I can''t find anything other than he signed a "rolling contract" from news reports of when he took charge here.  I seem to remember Lambert mentioning something that he could only be here for a dozen or half a dozen games if things went badly and hinting that he was pretty much serving here on a game by game basis when he first took over also.

Someone just see what Lambo has to say about this for christ sake. If its going to happen get it out of the way.

Would we be singing players like the Johnson guy and the 2 that just signed a couple of days ago. There is no way that the club would be signing players if Lambert was going to move on. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

[quote user="eddy melito"]i can see where you are all coming from with regards to making signings if hes going to leave, but on the other hand, if they didnt spend it, it could encourage him to take the job if offered they will have to be seen to be backing the manager if they want to keep him, not publically question his loyalty and show a lack of trust towards him.[/quote]

Agreed... very good point Eddy... [;)]

I also think that we will need to be backing him in terms of bringing in proven aquisitions at this level such as Lee Barnard and Zak Whitbread, as opposed to todays news of the signing of Oli Johnson.

Same as what happened to us to be fair and he spent all summer buying players.

As I said on another post, I''m really not here to gloat and I cannot see why he would leave you when he is halfway through the job. I do think he will take you up and 2 teams in 5 months surely doesn''t make him appealing to Burnley? 

I agree but Gunn brought in 11 was it . He didnt last long . But I hope Lambert Stays , Having said that , lambert will be deciding who he wants to bring in and im not sure he would still be doing so if he was wanting to get away.

LincolnClaret User is online
#58 07 Jan 2010 14:19Complain | Cannot reply
Signed: August 2002re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: big money put on paul lamber ...
 According to the Norwich Mad board betting has been suspended on Lambert and he''s meeting our club officials tonight!

Chaps, just saw this on their board...

nothing we like more that a good panic is there :)who knows what the story is here but in my experience the betting market looks extremely weak at the moment. next manager markets are notorious for this.  anyone following these markets over the last few years would know what they''re like. I''ve known managers to be seriously odds on and not get the job.Lambert is currently 3.5 on betfair (5/2 in old money). This is nothing like a certainty and you can only get a few quid on at any price. Granted he''s much shorter than most, but this means nothing given the amount of money in the market. If there was anything substantial in this rumour, he would be at least 1.3 or 1/2.I''m not panicking just yet and I am tempted to lay anything lower than 2/1 on betfair. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

All those claiming it is a 12 month rolling contract then please post a link to your source.

I can''t find anything other than he signed a "rolling contract" from news reports of when he took charge here.  I seem to remember Lambert mentioning something that he could only be here for a dozen or half a dozen games if things went badly and hinting that he was pretty much serving here on a game by game basis when he first took over also.

[/quote]I have.  Can you link to those quotes from Lambert please?One thing that has struck me, and reassured me, is the idea that Burnley are looking for someone young, hungry, after a challenge.  While Lambert fits the bill on the first two characteristics, he already has a challenge that he seems to be relishing right here with us.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]We shall all just have to wait and see.[/quote]

Exactly its torture. I don''t understand why Lambert is favourite. He is doing well but what about all the teams near the top? We are in league 1 he is unproven in the leagues above. I am not doubting his ability but a jump from a good team in league 1 to a poor team in the Premiership might be a bad idea.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]

LincolnClaret User is online #58 07 Jan 2010 14:19 Complain | Cannot reply
Signed: August 2002 re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: big money put on paul lamber ...
  According to the Norwich Mad board betting has been suspended on Lambert and he''s meeting our club officials tonight!

Chaps, just saw this on their board...

[/quote]Well if ''Norwich Mad'' are saying so....who?

[quote user="Trent Canary"]On the plus side it would make our court case with Colchester pretty academic...
[/quote]

Why? Just because he walked out on you, doesn''t mean we don''t get our money. You just use what you get from Burnley to pay us!

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]On the plus side it would make our court case with Colchester pretty academic...
[/quote]

Why? Just because he walked out on you, doesn''t mean we don''t get our money. You just use what you get from Burnley to pay us!

[/quote]

If you are awarded any I am sure you will get paid

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]We shall all just have to wait and see.[/quote]

Exactly its torture. I don''t understand why Lambert is favourite. He is doing well but what about all the teams near the top? We are in league 1 he is unproven in the leagues above. I am not doubting his ability but a jump from a good team in league 1 to a poor team in the Premiership might be a bad idea.

[/quote]

Well sadly it''s all we can do, I have personally e-mailed the club and asked that they either admit something is happening or quash the rumours.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CUFCNYC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are awarded any I am sure you will get paid

[/quote]

I dont doubt that and I''m not trying to stir. I cannot believe he would leave you after where he has got you so far but then again, he said he was committed to us too.

Post on the Burnley Mad site saying it''s going to be Neil Warnock and that betting on him has been suspended!

To be honest, if i was a Burnley fan I''d be very dissapointed that PL was even mentioned for the vacant managers position. Fantastic run for us, but he has had no real managerial successes yet, unless you count guiding wycombe to a play-off semi final, and has never even managed in the Championship, let alone the Premiership. There are so many decent experienced managers without work, or "young, hungry" managers in the Championship, They''d surely be incensed  that the board didn''t go for someone with a better track record.

If PL stays and guides us to promotion, then i imagine he will be pretty hard to keep hold of, but he is a massive gamble for a premiership club at the moment...

[quote user="JF"]

Post on the Burnley Mad site saying it''s going to be Neil Warnock and that betting on him has been suspended!

[/quote]

Oh well, if that''s true we''ll be seeing Colin*  back at Carrow Road next season!

(* Neal Warnock anagram)

[quote user="JF"]

[/quote]To be fair, I''d love him to be him for selfish reasons, but it would be a pretty decent appointment.  Don''t think there''s much in it if they''re serious about getting a ''young, hungry'' manager when dear old Colin has said himself that he saw Palace as his last job before retirement.  Then again, he was happy to be linked with Sheff Wednesday earlier in the week...

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="JF"]

[/quote]

Oh well, if that''s true we''ll be seeing Colin*  back at Carrow Road next season!

(* Neal Warnock anagram)

[/quote]

Get on him quick then still 25/1 with skybet

Burnley will contact city about compensation but i don''t think they will go for him nor will Lambert be keen to move on.

there''s currently around £100 availble to bet on lambert at betfair - not what i''d call big money. £500 was matched at around 6/4 nothin much else.keep your eyes on this market - if he suddenly drops to 1.2 or 1.3 then that''s the time to worry a little. If he''d been approached then he would be around this price in such a shaky market

Burnley haven''t made any approach towards Norwich City for Paul Lambert yet and Foulger and the board have stated their intent to keep him and his team at Carrow Road. So until an approach is made, of course Lambert will continue his job as normal, buying players if necessary. He''s not likely to stop giving 100% commitment to improving our team on the hope that Burnley make an approach.

Until an approach is made, we should all stop making speculation, we''re winning games and there''s no need to disrupt the supporter harmony based on speculation, so all shh it and concentrate on giving the overwhelming support that our club deserves :) On The Ball City!

Warnock is hated at Burnley (perhaps more than he is everywhere else).

Stan Ternant had a massive bust up and scrap with him during one match in which Warnock sent his assistant to listen at Burnley''s changing room door at half time.

Warnock, Waddle and Roeder would never be welcomed at turf Moor so I am surprized to see them even in the bookies short list of contenders.