Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]The press conference has nothing to do with this, and Lambert will leave us, but not now.  He is ambitious, but also is smart enough to know that jumping ship again, after only half a season, would look terrible on his CV, and make him nearly unemployable if Burnley were to be relegated and he got the chop there.[/quote]

I think you are very close to the scanario from Lamberts viewpoint!

It will be a major achievement if Burnley come 4th from bottom this season and while I think Lamberts a good manager, he''d have to be to keep them up after all thats happened!

Therefore its a strong chance that we''ll be in the same Division next season and besides parachute money we''re a far bigger club!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]William Hills and PaddyPowers odds have dropped again, he''s now 5/6, I just hope these people are wasting money playing a guessing game.[/quote] when they drop the odds the way they have then there is something in it. Coyle was odds on for the Bolton job before any approach had been made. my guess is that it''s been leaked that he is on a short list and he was at long odds so they are covering themselves.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]William Hills and PaddyPowers odds have dropped again, he''s now 5/6, I just hope these people are wasting money playing a guessing game.[/quote] when they drop the odds the way they have then there is something in it. Coyle was odds on for the Bolton job before any approach had been made. my guess is that it''s been leaked that he is on a short list and he was at long odds so they are covering themselves.[/quote]

? Lambert''s odds have shortened according to odds checker -

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Odds have dropped even further on Paul Lambert for Burnley job, I can see the nightmare beginning.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager[/quote]

Boring I know but I have been watching betfair all morning. If you know how it works people offer odds. Everytime somebody offers 3/1 the price is immediately slashed and their hands are bitten off.

I am going to guess that somebody knows that Burnley are going to make an approach. If this right then it will be down to Lambert to decide. I think the odds would then fall in our favour unless Mr Lambert has been making up what he has said about his bond with this club.

I really can''t see him rejecting the chance, they have as good chance as any of the teams in the relegation scrap of surviving, it wont cost much to get him so he''ll have a few million to spend on his players.

If he gets you promoted and then you don''t have a great season, its going to take him years to get a chance to manage in the Prem again. He''d be a fool to turn it down.

year by year rolling contract.. odds going down as people putting money on.... media putting 2 and 2 together...

Safe as houses boys and girls.. wait and see.

How would the FA or whoever the relevant official body is look at it if there are two compensation claims for Lambert open at the same time?

It will cost us a bl00dy fortune.  Not only may it cost us an automatice promotion place.  Some of the players brought in by Lambert will be of no interest to his successor.

[quote user="WACCOLO"]I really can''t see him rejecting the chance, they have as good chance as any of the teams in the relegation scrap of surviving, it wont cost much to get him so he''ll have a few million to spend on his players. If he gets you promoted and then you don''t have a great season, its going to take him years to get a chance to manage in the Prem again. He''d be a fool to turn it down.[/quote]

What utter rubbish.  Lambert knows the potential of our young successful squad that will be challenging for the Prem next season, and will think long and hard before leaving for an ageing and overperforming Burnley squad.  If he leaves to Burnley and gets relegated his managerial career could effectively be over.  

This could just as easily be a rich Ipswich fan who wouldn''t miss a few grand having a laugh ?Marcus Who ?By the way, if this is denial, i don''t care - I like it [:)]

the odds just keep on tumbling!Looks like you''re learning the hard way that the man has no loyalty and will jump ship the moment a better offer comes along. At least Burnley won''t appoint him until he has been interviewed and compensation has been agreed.Why is Owen Coyle not Bolton manager yet? Because they haven''t sorted the compensation, you lot decided to ignore that when appointing Lambert. You''ve got a great team, Lambert leaving won''t damage your promotion chances, you''ll get a new manager and will realise what a twat he is like we have, as well as getting some money. Oh and btw you won''t be getting Aidy, he;s loyal unlike Lambert, I expect a better offer to come along one day that he will take, but there''s no way he''ll walk out on our promotion charge, he''ll finish the job he started

The only "utter rubbish" is saying we''ll be challenging for the Prem next season. Can people get a grip on reality? IF we go up, promotion won''t be the target, or even on the agenda. There are a lot of very good sides in the Championship. Look at Forest last season, they were talking about the play-offs before the season started.

Jeez, you lot should stop panicing - it''s not going to happen. It''s just a load of sheep driving the price down. It may even be another betting scam like the Redknapp & Benitez ones - remember those?The board wouldn''t be sanctioning player signings if he was leaving, they''d keep the money for the new guy. Use your heads.

[quote user="bjg123"]The only "utter rubbish" is saying we''ll be challenging for the Prem next season. Can people get a grip on reality? IF we go up, promotion won''t be the target, or even on the agenda. There are a lot of very good sides in the Championship. Look at Forest last season, they were talking about the play-offs before the season started.[/quote]

I''d love to have a bet with you on that. You only have to look at Leicester to see that a well-marshalled, good squad in the First Division can replicate success in the Championship. Look also at the result that Leeds got at Man Utd !! [:-*]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Crikey, Lambert''s odds have fallen yet again.  Odds checker are now listing odds at 6 bookies, Lambert is now 6/4 at Ladbrokes[/quote]

odds on with most

The fact that Betfair has a market on the Burnley job is the interesting thing here, it opens up the possibility of this being a betting scam. What the scammers do is place a biggish bet on an outsider to create a market and push his price down and then they lay that manager on Betfair, pocketing a lot of money in the process.

Lambert now odds on to go to Burnley!!Miles ahead of all the others - See latest odds, odds have been droping with all the bookies all morning, with more money being placed in the last hour. 1pmThere has to be something in this, serious money being put on him speaks volumesSo hope this is no the case......http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]If he categorically says no and wouldn''t welcome an approach I''d be happy. Mcnally may have a big part to play in keeping him in my opinion.[/quote]

Aren''t they meant to be friends?

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]the odds just keep on tumbling!

Looks like you''re learning the hard way that the man has no loyalty and will jump ship the moment a better offer comes along. At least Burnley won''t appoint him until he has been interviewed and compensation has been agreed.

Why is Owen Coyle not Bolton manager yet? Because they haven''t sorted the compensation, you lot decided to ignore that when appointing Lambert.
You''ve got a great team, Lambert leaving won''t damage your promotion chances, you''ll get a new manager and will realise what a twat he is like we have, as well as getting some money.
Oh and btw you won''t be getting Aidy, he;s loyal unlike Lambert, I expect a better offer to come along one day that he will take, but there''s no way he''ll walk out on our promotion charge, he''ll finish the job he started
[/quote]

I''m sorry that you are still so bitter, those lemons must be dead sour that you are sucking on [:|]

Has he resigned yet?  Did I miss the press release to say he was leaving us for Burnley?

And if he does I would wish him good luck and move on.

Go for it, 50 quid says we don''t make the top 6 next season. The league will be easier this season since WBA and Newcastle will be replaced by dross like Burnley, Hull etc but I still don''t see it.

Here is a quote from the Burnley board

'' As much as we are disappointed there are always young hungry winning managers who are out there who want a challenge who want to do something and make their name''

That description sounds familiar

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]the odds just keep on tumbling!Looks like you''re learning the hard way that the man has no loyalty and will jump ship the moment a better offer comes along. At least Burnley won''t appoint him until he has been interviewed and compensation has been agreed.Why is Owen Coyle not Bolton manager yet? Because they haven''t sorted the compensation, you lot decided to ignore that when appointing Lambert. You''ve got a great team, Lambert leaving won''t damage your promotion chances, you''ll get a new manager and will realise what a twat he is like we have, as well as getting some money. Oh and btw you won''t be getting Aidy, he;s loyal unlike Lambert, I expect a better offer to come along one day that he will take, but there''s no way he''ll walk out on our promotion charge, he''ll finish the job he started[/quote]

I''m sorry that you are still so bitter, those lemons must be dead sour that you are sucking on [:|]

Has he resigned yet?  Did I miss the press release to say he was leaving us for Burnley?

[/quote]Would you SERIOUSLY wish him luck and move on if he walks out on you in the middle of a promotion charge after just 4 and a half months in charge? Somehow I doubt it

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]the odds just keep on tumbling!

Looks like you''re learning the hard way that the man has no loyalty and will jump ship the moment a better offer comes along. At least Burnley won''t appoint him until he has been interviewed and compensation has been agreed.

Why is Owen Coyle not Bolton manager yet? Because they haven''t sorted the compensation, you lot decided to ignore that when appointing Lambert.
You''ve got a great team, Lambert leaving won''t damage your promotion chances, you''ll get a new manager and will realise what a twat he is like we have, as well as getting some money.
Oh and btw you won''t be getting Aidy, he;s loyal unlike Lambert, I expect a better offer to come along one day that he will take, but there''s no way he''ll walk out on our promotion charge, he''ll finish the job he started
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would wish Paul Lambert all the best if there is anything in this and he does decide to go to Burnley also WAY.  It would however mean that inevitable questions would no doubt be asked of those in our boardroom I feel though.  Maybe there is something in it as Lambert is only on a game by game deal with City pretty much isn''t he?  If we haevn''t seen fit to offer him a decent contract as yet and he does walk then we have been pretty short sighted yet again!