Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

Michael Foulger: Hello Salahuddin, Laurence and others who have raised this question. There has been no approach for Paul and he is committed to Norwich City and is currently working with us to improve his squad.

Thursday January 7, 2010 11:25 Michael Foulger

From the webchat:

Michael Foulger: "Hello Salahuddin, Laurence and others who have raised this question. There has been no approach for Paul and he is committed to Norwich City and is currently working with us to improve his squad."

Hello

Salahuddin, Laurence and others who have raised this question. There

has been no approach for Paul and he is committed to Norwich City and

is currently working with us to improve his squad.

From Fougler just now.

[quote user="colufan"]Excellent point Mr Smith. Just takes a couple of people who think they know something to tell a couple of mates and the whole market can change. If I were a Norwich fan I wouldn''t be sweating too much.[/quote]

Well I for one am not.

Michael Foulger: Hello Salahuddin, Laurence and others who have raised this question. There has been no approach for Paul and he is committed to Norwich City and is currently working with us to improve his squad.

Foulger has just said:There has been no approach for Paul and he is committed to Norwich City and is

currently working with us to improve his squad. So compensation is due at the very least if he goes! I thnik they should be deducted points too! [:D]

lol, I was treying to get that question through since the start of the webchat!! Then it comes out last out of the lmabert questions! lol

just put a fiver on at ladbrokes.

this could be as simple as a burnley fan seeing him on the M6 on the way back to see his family and not making any link with why he could be there other than to go to burnley.

Bookies odds follow the money being placed, basically a lot of money has been placed on Lambert over the last few hours, maybe a few people seeing the EDP exclusive this morning?

or am i clutching at straws?

Just something to think about for those who say he wont leave because hes involved with transfer talks......Owen Coyle was still in talks with Arsenal about Jack Wilshiere just this weekend among other players, so I wouldnt read too much into that.

Let them have Roeder...go on please...now that would be funny!!!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Bookies odds follow the money being placed, basically a lot of money has been placed on Lambert over the last few hours, maybe a few people seeing the EDP exclusive this morning? or am i clutching at straws?[/quote]

Yes.

I think it would be silly to confirm that they hadnt had an approach, when tye had. It would undo all the "support friendly truth" thing that the webchat aims at improving!! If we had ben approached, I expect the question would probs just be ignored!

[quote user="bluemike"]Surely to christ he wouldnt leave you after such a short space of time.
[/quote]

I can''t see it but it''s football so you never know Mike lol

Worrying the lsat post on the Burnley messagboard that Cosmic posted a link to says:
I''ve heard that we''ve been in contact with Norwich to enquire how much

compensation they would want for Lambert, but we''ve not actually asked

to speak to him. I expect he''ll be on our shortlist though.

[:(]

A player can''t play for more than two clubs in a season?

Maybe that should apply to Managers as well!

Alternately, maybe the board are, shall we say, not going to repel too strongly any approach-whilst not showing themselves to be welcome to one either?

Think of the compensation for Lambert, Culverhouse and co?

Lambert might be seen as a tad too ambitious by some at the club-wants more than we are willing to accept, go for, or afford?

If he goes-well, you live by the sword, you die by the sword-he left Colchester for us because we were perceived as the bigger club, and he had no qualms in doing so-he didn''t get his way, so he quit. Would he do that here? Hell yes-he could move on and we could argue with Burnley about the compensation-and maybe we''d need it, to pass onto Colchester!

And appoint Gary Megson! Or get Gunn back, "caretaker" you understand, just to "steady the ship"...

Odds don''t drop like that without good reason. Its worrying.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I feel nausea with thoughts about Megson managing us again.[/quote]

And Gunn steadying the ship is a farce![:@]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I feel nausea with thoughts about Megson managing us again.[/quote]Try not to imagine Roeder coming back then [+o(]

Well he can either be managing a bigger club, Norwich in the Championship next season, or a small club, with low support in the Championship next season, Burnley. I cant see him going.

What do you expect Foulgers to say? "Hi, yes we have had an approach for Lambert, compensation has been agreed, and we are going to bring back Megson."

Cant see this happening though...not sure whos talking though..heart or head...saying that the old tickers a bit dodgy too.