Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

Odds have dropped even further on Paul Lambert for Burnley job, I can see the nightmare beginning.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Odds have dropped even further on Paul Lambert for Burnley job, I can see the nightmare beginning.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager[/quote]thats not good news1 [:(]

Bad news, but it doesnt mean that he will take the job! Would he really want to jump straight to the prem after just a few months here?

Worrying and to lose our best manager for ages to that tinpot club would be most galling!

Surely he has tio stay somewhere and earn his stripes for a while otherwise he will just be seen as a man who jumps ship at every opportunity. Whilst Burnely are in the prem we are arguably a bigger club and there is a real chance for him to make a name for himself here by taking us up whereas whoever takes that burnley job there must be a good chance they will get relegated and the manager will have that on his cv. I know lambert;''s ambitious and he will no doubt move on to a bigger club but i do get the impression he has formed more of a bond with us recently then he has with his other previous clubs. Wishful thinking?

also all the other managers odds are legnthening where lambo''s are getting shorter very quickly, but as the above poster said, will he really go?

Um... he''s just bought us some new players and has the possibility of adding a trophy to his CV... yes, I think we can catch Leeds, I am being optimistic this year... don''t want to be so negative about our great club.

Burnley will more than likely get relegated and therefore this time next year we would be playing agianst them (fingers crossed) NCFC have bigger crowds and could still be seen as the "bigger" club.

of course he would go given the chance. its a chance to enhance his rep in the premiership and its a win win situation for him. if they go down its expected and he has the parachute payments to spend. its also a lot lot closer to his familt back in scotland.

he could be at the top of the list because hes getting a reputation for jumping ship early on as well though.

Cant see it happening myself. If they were to look in league1 would of thought Grayson would be the man he is doing a good job at Leeds and a Man Utd scalp to his name. But if they did come calling he would be mad not to go and try to establish himself as a Premier league manager. 

I think there is definitely something in this now.  Odds tend not to shorten so much unless there is something happening, they will suspend betting next.[:''(]

IF this does happen, will Lambert become the most hated figure in Norwich?  It won''t do much for his reputation constantly jumping ship so quickly.

Very worrying

Let''s all cry about it and get Burnley a points deduction... ;-)

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I think there is definitely something in this now.  Odds tend not to shorten so much unless there is something happening, they will suspend betting next.[:''(]

IF this does happen, will Lambert become the most hated figure in Norwich?  It won''t do much for his reputation constantly jumping ship so quickly.

Very worrying

[/quote]i won''t hate jim for being ambitiuos, but i think it could dent reputation for jumping ship as soon as someone comes calling!!!we love you lambert,PLEASE STAY

I''m not worried, and if in the worst case he was allowed to go I think we would play hard ball and get some serious money in return.

Just checked skybet and he is favourite on there as well was 20/1 yesterday

Just a thought but it''s funny how his odds seem to have drastically shortened since the news about our ever-increasing debt has come out. I think there are people who don''t really know much about us who have put two and two together and got five.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just a thought but it''s funny how his odds seem to have drastically shortened since the news about our ever-increasing debt has come out. I think there are people who don''t really know much about us who have put two and two together and got five.[/quote]That''s a fair point.  Still doesn''t stop me worrying that there might, just might, be something in it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just a thought but it''s funny how his odds seem to have drastically shortened since the news about our ever-increasing debt has come out. I think there are people who don''t really know much about us who have put two and two together and got five.
[/quote]

Very good point Graham.

Could we tempt Robins from Barnsley or O''Driscoll from Doncaster, I know they''re a division higher but surely the lure of a big club would entice them.

Please stay Paul.

Stop panicing people...its simple, all we do is poach Aidy Boothryd from Colchester and refuse urnley extra tickets when we play them in the championship next season.