Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Exeter Fans

Can''t imagine there will be too many there today, really glad we have not had to travel to their ground in this weather. It would be good to see the city fans acknowledge the effort they have made  to get to the game.

I will salute any exeter fans that make the trip from devon especially in this weather fair play to any that do and hope they enjoy there day aslong as we win!!

I agree, a lot of respect should be paid to them. Can''t imagine how they''ll feel boarding a coach for a journey that would take probably 6 hours under normal circumstances!

apparantly some of their fan coaches aren''t coming today due to weather, so only local exeter fans and fans driving from exeter may come.

[quote user="stroud canary"]Whats the fewest amount of away fans anyone can remember at carrow road?[/quote]

51 (give or take a couple) vs Wimbledon when the South Stand was being rebuilt.

[quote user="eddy melito"]if there are say 30 of them wouldnt it be a good gesture to let them in for nothing?[/quote]Its a nice thought but I''m not sure even with such a small amount that we can afford to lose such revenue.... we''re not Colchester, after all....

About 300 made it apparently. Exeter team coach took 12 hours to get to Norwich yesterday.

Interviewd for SSN and some reckon they won''t be home until around 3am. Rather them than me. OK if you''ve got someone to share the driving with.

they should be applauded for making the journey in difficult conditions that wont imorove over night. Safe journey home to the fans and every one associated with the club.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]they should be applauded for making the journey in difficult conditions that wont imorove over night. Safe journey home to the fans and every one associated with the club.[/quote]

agreed, hope thye all get home well, and think they will be more than safe come the ned of the season [;)]

maybe its just me but i really dont see the point in exeter fans coming. never gonna win, huge journey, all their fans just sat there in silence watching, why bother. may as well listen on radio and get a nice indian.

[quote user="anon"]maybe its just me but i really dont see the point in exeter fans coming. never gonna win, huge journey, all their fans just sat there in silence watching, why bother. may as well listen on radio and get a nice indian.
[/quote]

You''re obviously a passionate supporter of your team then.

Well done to them all and a safe trip home - but hopefully we''ll never see them again!

[quote user="anon"]maybe its just me but i really dont see the point in exeter fans coming. never gonna win, huge journey, all their fans just sat there in silence watching, why bother. may as well listen on radio and get a nice indian.
[/quote]

i thought their support was very good they made themsleves heard where i was sitting and there must have been 200-300 of them..hats off to them  i say 

[/quote]

towards the back their fans were singing and looked as though they were trying to make a go of it... as for "never gonna win" If It wasn for Frazer Forster we might just have come away with nothing today.

[quote user="stroud canary"]Whats the fewest amount of away fans anyone can remember at carrow road?[/quote]

There was a game in the 70s (think it was either Newport County or Cardiff, cant remember exactly) where there were THREE away fans

[quote user="anon"]maybe its just me but i really dont see the point in exeter fans coming. never gonna win, huge journey, all their fans just sat there in silence watching, why bother. may as well listen on radio and get a nice indian.[/quote]It is.The Exeter fans at Carrow Road today showed what being a real supporter is all about.

Blimey Anon!!, it is a good job your ancestors were not at Rorkes Drift, quick peek over the barricades "Christ we are outnumbered 200 to 1, I really do not see the point of trying to defend ourselves with odds like that, lets make a nice cup of tea and wait to be massacred!!"....

Just saw on sky sports news that their manager Paul Tisdale came in the away before the game to thank them for coming. Good on him really as cant see too many managers doing that too be honest (eg could you ever see the rodent coming over if he was still manager and saying thanks to us if we had travelled so far in such poor conditions). Although for anyone else who saw Tisdale he looked liek a bit of a pratt in my opinion with what he was wearing

When we had the old south stand didn''t Wimbledon bring about 25 fans?? I''m sure they sat in front of the old disabled enclosure in the corner near the river end.