Sign in to follow this  
"""""""""Ben """""""""""

Do you think we can catch leeds?

I think its not impossible, I wonder if we start as many threads as possible about catching Leeds it might actually happen.

We''re on about 247 now....

I know that we are 8 points behind them, but we''re only halfway through the season and we''re right behind them in the table. We haven''t exactly been playing crap have we, when you look at where we were at the start of the season, and where we are now. We''ve seen what''s happened to Leeds in the last two seasons when they''ve been doing really well, and who says it won''t happen again? I think that we must also be putting some pressure on them. I think that it''s definately possible - it''s too early to say it isn''t

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

I think its not impossible, I wonder if we start as many threads as possible about catching Leeds it might actually happen.

We''re on about 247 now....

[/quote]i make it 246......in all seriousness, i think there have been about 3, in the last month or two, all at diffrent times, and this one, by a new poster, who would not have seen the others.....I don''t think we will tbh, they will have to lose quite a lot of games, and we will have to keep wining almost every game (we might have a rough patch yet though.....)

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Dont care tbh. 2nd is good enough for me [Y]
[/quote]

It won''t be for Lambert.........and yes, we can catch them.

Leeds have been incredibly consistent under Simon Grayson since he took over as manager. So I would be surprised if they suffered a major drop in form. Leeds could feasibly draw a few games when we wins ours, allowing us to catch them. But our aim is promotion. It ultimately doesn''t matter if we finish 2nd, or even make it via the play-offs. Though I''d rather we went up as run-away champions!

Leeds have yet to play, Huddesfield, Southampton, us and Charlton away. Even games like Carlisle away are not going to be easy for them. Clubs will be looking to beat Leeds (the same as they do with us, Charlton and Southampton) because that is seen as a scalp for them.

Leeds are in a good position of that there is no doubt, but they are not over the finish line yet, and because of that we still have a chance of overhauling them.

Leeds losing 2 points to Wycombe at home is a shocker as they have been such a poor team all season, could this be the start of the Leeds wobble, hopefully it will be and they go onto lose to Huddersfield in the playoffs. [:)]

Its a big ask, but it can be done.

Even assuming that they win their game in hand..Leeds don''t need to lose a game for us to catch them.

If they draw five and we win five, or they lose one and draw three and we win four or they lose two and draw 1 and we win three we are there.

I think its going to be alot closser than the Leeds fans seem to think, though I dont care much as long as we go up one way or another. If this was the Championship or Premier League I think I would be more desperate for the title, but to be honest I just want us to get the job done, anything else would be awesome!

We will catch them if they can''t beat teams like Wycombe at home. [:D]

Haha, listen to you Norwich fans, we drew at home to Wycombe, yes poor result i''ll admit and we played rubbish, but last week we beat Man Utd and had won out 3 league games over Christmas 1-0, 3-1 and 4-2, hardly a team in decline! 17 games unbeaten and since our only league defeat we have had 8 wins and 3 draws, shocking form i know. Our 6 draws this season have been against Carlisle, Charlton, Wycombe, Southend, Brentford and Huddersfield, really we should be beating at least 3 of those and we are still 6 points clear of you with a game in hand!

Plus we have alaways bounced back from poor results this season, we lost to Millwall, came back and beat Bristol Rover 4-0 away next game. 0-0 draw with Southend, next game we won 4-1. Back to back draws with Charlton and Carlisle, next league game who did we beat?? Oh yeah NORWICH Then another 2 consecutive draws with Huddersfield and Brentford, we then win out next 3, so i would easily have my money on a Leeds win at Exeter next week!

Leeds - last 6 games won 3, drawn 3 = 12 points

NCFC - last 6 games won 5, drawn 1 = 16 points.

If we keep going at the present rate it won''t be long........

are they getting twitchy or what? Don''t panic boys you can reflect on your famous win at Old Trafford as you celebrate being runners up! [:D]

[quote user="sam"]Plus we have alaways bounced back from poor results this season, we lost to Millwall, came back and beat Bristol Rover 4-0 away next game. 0-0 draw with Southend, next game we won 4-1. Back to back draws with Charlton and Carlisle, next league game who did we beat?? Oh yeah NORWICH Then another 2 consecutive draws with Huddersfield and Brentford, we then win out next 3, so i would easily have my money on a Leeds win at Exeter next week![/quote] You had to rely on a mistake from us to win that though

[quote user="benedictgr"]With all these games leeds are going to be playing in the JPT and the Fa cup, could they go on a bad run of form in the league and norwich catch them?[/quote]

We can and we will.

They have shown over seasons past they choke.

And once again  they will choke in the final part of the season.

onwards and upwards for us !