Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Football league show

Brilliant! 10 minutes talking to Rotherham players and staff about how they haven''t had a game since 12th Dec., and 70 seconds of Norwich highlights.

[quote user="Sam-NCFC"]Who was that player with the silky feet at the end, shot just wide? That was impressive.[/quote]

That was Oli Johnson! Oli Oli Oli, oy oy oy!

[quote user="Sam-NCFC"]Who was that player with the silky feet at the end, shot just wide? That was impressive.[/quote]Oli Johnson, our new signing!

[quote user="Twitchy"]I like the way our crest sticks out like a sore thumb behind the presenter, or does every other club supporters think the same about there badge..........probably[/quote]

I thought exactly the same thing.

However long did they show the Notts Forest game for? I turned over for ages when the show began, knowing we''d be down the running order, yet they still seemed to be showing the same game.  Must have been a good half of the show on one game! Pretty poor considering how few games they had to show.  Less Claridge, more games please.  And less of those annoying emails... and less of the nonsense report like the Rotherham thing!  I thought this show was a blessing when it first arrived, but now I''m not so sure - it seems to be heading down the ITV Championship format road, when it should be like MOTD.Not looking forward to the new local show they''re planning either... mainly because I don''t really care too much how Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Tranmere and Stockport are getting on....

[quote user="JF"]

My god Forests second goal! Goss anyone!! Sammy Clingham scored a cracker as well todat.

[/quote]

why dont we look at how it SHOULD be done....

Marco "the master" Van Basten!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]is it me or is there something about Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes?[/quote]I know I''m going to be shot for this, after her much-criticised appearances as a commentator, but I think there''s something about Jacqui Oatley...

I got in from a party last night around 3am and decided to watch this ridiculous show prior to going to bed only to discover that my Sky+ recording stopped early, just after our first goal. To say I was pissed off would be an understatement.

Why does that bloody happen?!

[quote user="canaryjock"]I got in from a party last night around 3am and decided to watch this ridiculous show prior to going to bed only to discover that my Sky+ recording stopped early, just after our first goal. To say I was pissed off would be an understatement.

Why does that bloody happen?![/quote]Get you party boy...http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00q3f9t/The_Football_League_Show_2009_2010_09_01_2010/45 mins or so.

Does anyone know - are the BBC only allowed to show a certain number of minutes actual football ? Otherwise, why did last night''s show feature so much drivel from Mark Chapman : 3 minutes on Rotherham, who didn''t even play, 2 mins 30 on Coventry, and 2 mins 30 on Leeds - before just one minute of highlights from their game - followed by another minute of drivel. They managed 70 seconds of the Norwich game !

With so few games on, we could have expected a bit more !

I''m sure the time for the goals when shown on SSN was longer than the FLS.

Also for the time given to Lizzie for emails and texts it seems hardly worth having that bit in the programme. Very few comments can be read out. When they are, she''s so quick you can barely digest one fan''s comment before she''s onto the next. It seems a very rushed slot but those 2-3 minutes from each leagues'' set of fans'' comments would be very welcome if used as highlights from various games, including ours.

The bits where they read out the e-mails and texts really is pi$$-poor. And how come they never read out my texts abusing Steve Claridge, eh?And that Clem is also a monumental b£ll-end.

I can''t stand Lineker and Co on MoTD. I much prefer MoTD2. As for Townsend and the ITV mob the less said....

And as for that Lizzie bird, what a load of tosh.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]However long did they show the Notts Forest game for? I turned over for ages when the show began, knowing we''d be down the running order, yet they still seemed to be showing the same game.  Must have been a good half of the show on one game! Pretty poor considering how few games they had to show.  Less Claridge, more games please.  And less of those annoying emails... and less of the nonsense report like the Rotherham thing!  I thought this show was a blessing when it first arrived, but now I''m not so sure - it seems to be heading down the ITV Championship format road, when it should be like MOTD.Not looking forward to the new local show they''re planning either... mainly because I don''t really care too much how Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Tranmere and Stockport are getting on....[/quote]It''s still a hundred times better than ITV''s dismal effort.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]However long did they show the Notts Forest game for? I turned over for ages when the show began, knowing we''d be down the running order, yet they still seemed to be showing the same game.  Must have been a good half of the show on one game! Pretty poor considering how few games they had to show.  Less Claridge, more games please.  And less of those annoying emails... and less of the nonsense report like the Rotherham thing!  I thought this show was a blessing when it first arrived, but now I''m not so sure - it seems to be heading down the ITV Championship format road, when it should be like MOTD.Not looking forward to the new local show they''re planning either... mainly because I don''t really care too much how Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Tranmere and Stockport are getting on....[/quote]It''s still a hundred times better than ITV''s dismal effort.[/quote]I can''t disagree with that... even a relatively bad BBC sports programme kicks the arse of anything ITV have ever attempted! I''ve found myself barely watching the FA Cup this year just because I can''t stand their coverage, their pundits, their commentators, the adverts, their so-called ''analysis''... makes me cringe!

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Herman "]That has to be the worst Chris Martin/Coldplay pun i have ever heard![/quote]Abosultely shocking attempt at humour.[/quote]They''ve done a crap pun every time he''s scored, my favourite was the one when he had "only the keeper to beat but shot wide - clearly a rush of blood to the head."

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Herman "]That has to be the worst Chris Martin/Coldplay pun i have ever heard![/quote]
Abosultely shocking attempt at humour.
[/quote]

They''ve done a crap pun every time he''s scored, my favourite was the one when he had "only the keeper to beat but shot wide - clearly a rush of blood to the head."

[/quote]

That one was ok,as it took a bit of thinking.Todays one was,quite bluntly S***!

I''m running a book on how many seconds of quality air time we get tonight, I''m putting it all on 58.