Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

OT: confessions of a cyber idiot . . .

Firstly, you just cut and paste from one to the other as if you were just moving stuff from one worddoc to another and, for the avatar, go to your profile on this site and there is a box to upload pictures for this.  

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Firstly, you just cut and paste from one to the other as if you were just moving stuff from one worddoc to another and, for the avatar, go to your profile on this site and there is a box to upload pictures for this.  [/quote]

Thanks MacD [Y]

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"]This is a hilarious thread''How do you cut and paste?''''Well you just cut and paste''[/quote][IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/lol_cat-12926.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Cut and paste ?

Don''t they still show you how to do that on '' Blue Peter '' ? [/quote]No sorry, that was cut and stick.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I don''t know how to cut and paste from another site onto this one.  How do you do it? [:$]

I don''t know how to set up an avatar either . . . [:$]

[/quote]

Left click on what you want to copy and drag it over the text until its highlighted, then you can either hold down the control button and c to copy then control and v to paste it or instead of using the control and c button you can right click which will bring up a box, select copy then right click again , put the cursor where you want the text and select paste.

As for an avatar click on your name, top right on forum front page, next to edit your details and scroll down and you''ll see avatar, click on the browse button and it will display all the pictures you have stored on your pc, pick which one you want then press update and your piccie will appear.

Hope that helps you.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

I don''t know how to cut and paste from another site onto this one.  How do you do it? [:$]

I don''t know how to set up an avatar either . . . [:$]

[/quote]

Left click on what you want to copy and drag it over the text until its highlighted, then you can either hold down the control button and c to copy then control and v to paste it or instead of using the control and c button you can right click which will bring up a box, select copy then right click again , put the cursor where you want the text and select paste.

As for an avatar click on your name, top right on forum front page, next to edit your details and scroll down and you''ll see avatar, click on the browse button and it will display all the pictures you have stored on your pc, pick which one you want then press update and your piccie will appear.

Hope that helps you.

[/quote]

Many thanks Angel - yes it works!!  [Y] [<:o)]

See, you''re never too old to learn (or too young) . . .

Next question: who the hell is jack buchanan? [:P]

[quote user="cityangel"]It was a pleasure to help you Cherub [:D][/quote]

Believe it or not Angel, I was going to write out excatly the same information for Cherub, however, I thought that might cause her to take a hammer to her mouse. No mouse should be treated that way so I decided against it. [:D]