Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

remember the millwall fight??

There is nothing like a good old bit of Norfolk generalisation is there.

I have been to Millwall countless times and never seen any trouble.  I have even been when they played Charlton, and nothing.

Don''t believe everything you read, they have there share of idiots, but they also have their share of good honest family type supporters. They just have a different accent to you.

When looking at old eastern evenin newspapers, that my dad had in attic, i read on front page about the norwich millwall fight of 1972,there were 2 knife attacks on each side and according to a fan,he saw a small lorry with back up,full of milwall, being chased down riverside road the other side of the station,and ......a long barrel gun was pointing out?! I cannot believe that,even my brother who was there,said that was rubbish! ...

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]When I read this I did a search on google but couldn''t find anything, I''d love to know how away fans could fight over a song about Delia.[/quote]I read about this in the paper at that time, apprantly a Millwall supporter and his partner were eating at a restaurant prior to the game when Delia spotted their colours and went over and wished them well for the game. During the game a group of chavs (typical millwall fans) started singing anti Delia chants, after the bloke and his partner persistently told the chavs to stop singing those songs it all kicked off. I think 4 or 5 people were forced to leave the ground in the end.

I remember that being my first exposure to real Football violence. I came out of the ground with my dad and we found ourselfs between the two groups chucking everything they could lay their hands on at each other.

I can also remember when Gordon Bolland scored in that game he ran along the front of the Barclay giving a double V sign to the Norwich fans. This was clearly caught on telivision and the comentator (Gerry Harrison) did not even comment upon it, interestingly the FA took no action at all.

How times have changed.

[quote user="glove1"]anyone remember the last time millwall played at carrow road when their own fans ended up fighting over a song about delia??..... sums them up really....they even fight between themselves!![/quote]

can''t remember that one, but I can remember us beating them 6 -1 one season. They were all in good humour, even doing a conga round their pen if memory serves, until the sixth goal went in, and for some reason 6 -1 seemed much worse than 5 -1 and a general scrap amongst their own ensued. V strange

[quote user="jim blair"]Blimey , i thought you were talking about the battle of riverside road in 1972[/quote]

I remember that one ! I was only a youngster .....but was swept along with the fight ........furniture van full of Milllwall supporters , someone stabbed with a pair of shears, Leon Blackburn....(.who until fairly recently ran event guard, and was head of stadium security ...maybe ?) was one of the Norwich fans that day.

Wasnt there a Riot sort of at Carrow Road a few seasons back, when Cardiff came here? Also Cardiff away last season, A few of those funny fella''s were fighting each other.

Its very true, I was involved (no screaming liberals please, it was a lifetime ago and sadly part of the culture then). The Millwall fans lured us to the furniture van near the old gas tank on riverside and sure enough the shotgun appeared. I have never seen people move so fast! Also the fight at half time on the bank and by the bar outside the barclay is the worst I have ever seen, literally hundreds were involved. It was mayhem but the the Millwall fan got a lot more than they bargained for. Anyone else remember it?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="glove1"]anyone remember the last time millwall played at carrow road when their own fans ended up fighting over a song about delia??..... sums them up really....they even fight between themselves!![/quote]

can''t remember that one, but I can remember us beating them 6 -1 one season. They were all in good humour, even doing a conga round their pen if memory serves, until the sixth goal went in, and for some reason 6 -1 seemed much worse than 5 -1 and a general scrap amongst their own ensued. V strange

[/quote]I remember that game well because it was the most one-sided game I''ve ever seen. We only scored six, but we hit post and bar at least 5-6 other times and there were numerous goal-line clearances too. They were understandably very quiet until they got a large bonfire going on the terrace, which no one did anything to put out as I recall

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]I remember that game well because it was the most one-sided game I''ve ever seen. We only scored six, but we hit post and bar at least 5-6 other times and there were numerous goal-line clearances too. They were understandably very quiet until they got a large bonfire going on the terrace, which no one did anything to put out as I recall[/quote]

G- G - G Granvilles goal open all hours - classic Pink Un headline

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]Its very true, I was involved (no screaming liberals please, it was a lifetime ago and sadly part of the culture then). The Millwall fans lured us to the furniture van near the old gas tank on riverside and sure enough the shotgun appeared. I have never seen people move so fast! Also the fight at half time on the bank and by the bar outside the barclay is the worst I have ever seen, literally hundreds were involved. It was mayhem but the the Millwall fan got a lot more than they bargained for. Anyone else remember it?[/quote]

Aha !! so i did remember it right !

Ren,Look on Sky Sports News website and look up "banning orders".Leeds typically are top, but who aren''t far behind!!??   Shock horror, its Millwall!They are the same as Leeds,    scum!!!!!!!They''re not football fans, they''re a**holes, and the reason you never see a fight in Millwall is cos nobody likes to s**t on their own doorstep!Sorry mate, but its fact!

Adam - I know a few Millwall fans and they are decent folk.  They dont deserve to be called scum by you or I.  Stop being so narrow minded pal.  Yes they have more idiots than most, but they also have decent fans like all other teams.