Sign in to follow this  
WLY

Player of the decade?

Most people''s choice would be Huckerby and rightly so, but what about the likes of Iwan Roberts, Rob Green, Adam Drury, Malky Mackay, Dion Dublin.....Or is it a one horse race?

It''s got to be Huckerby for all he''s done, but there are some players who definately deserve a special mention.  Iwan Roberts, Dion Dublin, Rob Green, Malcky Mackay, Craig Flemming, Adam Drury, also if Grant Holt carries on performing like he has been in the next two years then he surely deserves a mention.

Actually love Andy Hughes.

Remeber a sunshine underground gig a few years a go we were battered and kept singing his name during the interval good times!

Hoooooze

It really IS a one horse race!!  Hux by a mile,  followed by Green.   Quality and stuck with the club without the wannaway histrionics of Roberts (each end of contract made noises about moving on) and Malkay (if I am not first choice I am leaving) Mackay.    Despite my reservations about him an honourable mention and probably 3rd goes to flem... 

yeah it really does have to go to Hucks, but we have had many great players, like Roberts, Mackay, Green, Drury safri and even more, some like Ashton/Earnie for just a season, and loads of others. it quite a supprise really, when most people will say it was quite a bad decade....but we did have a couple of good seasons in the championship,we where in the prem, and in the times when we were failing, there where still stars :D

[quote user="Gingerpele"]yeah it really does have to go to Hucks, but we have had many great players, like Roberts, Mackay, Green, Drury safri and even more, some like Ashton/Earnie for just a season, and loads of others. it quite a supprise really, when most people will say it was quite a bad decade....but we did have a couple of good seasons in the championship,we where in the prem, and in the times when we were failing, there where still stars :D[/quote]

Not nominating Ginger Pele??[:)]

Huckerby, no question.We have new heroes now but he really excited in every game he turned out in.If, however, we can keep Hoolahan then he has the skills to become a city legend. Goals are great, don''t get me wrong, but seeing defenders turned inside out really gets the crowd buzzing!