Sign in to follow this  
Granty

Walsall away....

Just bought my tickets. was just wondering if anyone know how meny we will be roughly taking? as the game is on the 28th, the majority of people will be off work?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]there was only 3 tickets avaliable and you have taken the lot, have fun on your own [;)][/quote]

oops what happened there??[;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]there was only 3 tickets avaliable and you have taken the lot, have fun on your own [;)][/quote]Banana, does that make it 12 tickets in total?

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="I am a Banana"]there was only 3 tickets avaliable and you have taken the lot, have fun on your own [;)][/quote]Banana, does that make it 12 tickets in total?[/quote]

ha ha very clever [;)]

[quote user="Granty"]

ok i got the joke the first time...     Anyone ever been there? know of any pubs nearby?

[/quote]

Apart from the M6 and a few mosques walsall has f*ck all! its a horrible part of the world, ive been there with norwich before but more recently i spent 6 months working in walsall and i absolutely hated the place!

As for pubs theres one or two nearish to the ground. Theres a few decent enough boozers in town but its not within walking distance of the bescot so your pretty much out of luck if a good pre match beer is what your after.

As for the ground itself well from the M6 it looks like a B&Q store, and thats as good as it gets.Crap food from a crapy little burger van  inside the ground, no beer and a tannoy system that makes blundell parks speakers sound like space in ibiza. And to top this all off you have to put up with this kind off brummy cross somthing accent that the locals spout out, it souds like somebody pre recored their speech and played back in ultra slow mo, arrghh!

Horrible horrible place, truely the arse end of Birmingham if not England. I shall definately not be going!

Enjoy your day!!

There is a supporters club near the ground that lets away fans in. Think they charge a quid to get in but a really friendly bunch and the stella is really cheap!!

Last time we played there it was packed with Norwich fans and there was a cracking atmosphere.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And to top this all off you have to put up with this kind off brummy cross somthing accent that the locals spout out, it souds like somebody pre recored their speech and played back in ultra slow mo, arrghh!

Horrible horrible place, truely the arse end of Birmingham if not England. I shall definately not be going!

Enjoy your day!!

[/quote]

A Birmingham-Wolverhampton cross? that sounds lovely [:)]

thanks for that...i cant wait now...lol. aslong as theres a good atmosphere when it comes to kick im happy.

[quote user="stellayella"]There is a supporters club near the ground that lets away fans in. Think they charge a quid to get in but a really friendly bunch and the stella is really cheap!!

Last time we played there it was packed with Norwich fans and there was a cracking atmosphere.[/quote]Yep, fully concur with this post… cracking bunch that showed us genuine hospitality. I am hoping Lincoln has other reasons for his post, as his recollections differ hugely to my memories of my previous Bescott visits

I''ve got a spare ticket going for anyone based in Sprowston and doesn''t fancy travelling to the club in the snow.

I went last time we played them and had a great time. Mostly a result of us playing superbly and won 3-1.

Can''t say I have overly happy memories of the place though, we had a few beers in Birmingham and then got the train out there. Also, at the station post match we had the joy of kids on the other platform lobbing coins at us and jumping onto the track to retrieve them! Very clever!

You''ll have a good time or bad time result dependent methinks.

If memory serves me correctly the ground is only a few hundred yards from the motorway yet takes hours to get on it after the game! My memories of the ground was that it wasn''t that bad, small little stand behind the goal allows you to generate a bit of atmosphere, it''s just a shame the Walsall fans didn''t give much back, although we did win the game 3-1!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I went last time we played them and had a great time. Mostly a result of us playing superbly and won 3-1.[/quote]

I went to that and it was a great game. We were awesome that day just as we were in the return game later in the season. Crouch was with us then and didn''t he get sent off at the end?

That day we spent the evening in Wolverhampton in the Zongalero Restaurant watching the horse racing under lights. Great day all round but expensive! I''m coming straight home this time but I''m still really looking forward to it!

Going on cabbage to walsall. Should hopefully be another good following from our fans.Has to be said looks like a bit of a dump

Have no idea about the ale situation but anybody that has ventured to the Fat Cat or knows their ales should seek out the scratchings.As far as i know Walsall produces the best pork scratchings in the land.....