Sign in to follow this  
ca

Norwich City v Mlllwall - Few Stats/Teams/Match Thread

I''m at home today with a poorly chest and nasty cough so am staying in the warm and relying on Radio Norfolk today[:(]

Recent encounters between the teams:

2005/2006 Tue 22 Nov Millwall 1-0 Norwich City CHMP
2005/2006 Sat 15 Oct Norwich City 1-1 Millwall CHMP
2003/2004 Sat 06 Dec Millwall 0-0 Norwich City CHMP
2003/2004 Sat 08 Nov Norwich City 3-1 Millwall CHMP
2002/2003 Tue 18 Mar Millwall 0-2 Norwich City CHMP
2002/2003 Sat 19 Oct Norwich City 3-1 Millwall CHMP
2001/2002 Sun 20 Jan Norwich City 0-0 Millwall CHMP

Recent form

Norwich City - have won 7 successive home games.

Millwall have not won in previous 5 away matches

Millwall Team News

Millwall midfielders David Martin and Jack Smith both serve one-game bans for picking up five yellow cards.

Scott Barron is set to replace Smith while Chris Hackett (knee) hopes to be fit to fill in for Martin.

My  Team Thoughts

Not sure what team will be but could be

----------------------------------------------Forster--------------------------------------------

Otsemobor---------------Askou--------------------------Nelson----------------Drury

----------------------------------------------------Russell---------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Hughes------------------------Lappin-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Hoolahan--------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------Holt(c)--------C Martin----------------------------------------.

Or if Askou doesn''t make it could be Drury in the back two with Lappin at left back and maybe Smith( if fit) in the middle??

Or again itcould be R Martin at back which means the rest of the team won''t be disrupted

My prediction 2 -1 to us Holt and Hoolahan

Whats left to say other than

CMON YOU YELLOWS [:)]

Sorry about the bigger than usual font, not sure what happened there [:$]

Side is as below... Askou was always going to be missing and it looks certain that Russell Martin will fill in at centre half, which is logical and sensible, especially as Drury said Martin has a lot more experience of playing there than anyone else.

CITY: Forster, Otsemobor, Drury, Nelson, R.Martin, Hughes, Holt (c), Hoolahan, C.Martin, Lappin, Russell. Subs: Steer (GK), Gill, Adeyemi, McNamee, McDonald, D.Kelly, Dawkin.

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]Side is as below... Askou was always going to be missing and it looks certain that Russell Martin will fill in at centre half, which is logical and sensible, especially as Drury said Martin has a lot more experience of playing there than anyone else. CITY: Forster, Otsemobor, Drury, Nelson, R.Martin, Hughes, Holt (c), Hoolahan, C.Martin, Lappin, Russell. Subs: Steer (GK), Gill, Adeyemi, McNamee, McDonald, D.Kelly, Dawkin.[/quote]

Yes that does make sense and doesn''t disrupt the team too much either.

CMON NORWICH

Afternoon all.Scary looking defence,but beggars can''t be choosers i suppose.Who do we have to look out for in the Millwall team?

It would be brilliant if Russell Martin can provide decent cover at CB, along with Spillane when he''s fit again. I also like the inclusion of Kelly and Dawkin in case things go wrong and City have to chase the game.

It''ll be a test to be sure. OTBC!

Forster has put a cap on, why don''t they start with a cap when they are facing the sun?

Which was are we kicking ?? Sorry missed first 10 mins.

[quote user="Norwich"]Barclay.[:S][/quote]Could of sworn they said it was the River End.

The City midfield have got to get a hold of this game. Russell, Lappin and Hughes need to push on. Attack is the best form of defence today i think.Really missing being there today [:(]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Forster has put a cap on, why don''t they start with a cap when they are facing the sun?

Which was are we kicking ?? Sorry missed first 10 mins.

[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.  It reminds me of the day when Gunn did not wear a cap at Arsenal in the blinding sun and we lost 5-0 in the early 90''s. It''s professional negligence IMO.  [:@]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Goal!

Hoolahan goal, Otsemobor assist.
[/quote]

[Y] How many for Hooli?

[quote user="Henry"]We are attacking the Barclay in the second half [Y]
[/quote]

Thanks for that [:)] lots of goals 2nd half then. [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Henry"]We are attacking the Barclay in the second half [Y][/quote]

Thanks for that [:)] lots of goals 2nd half then. [:)]

[/quote]Hope so. One each for the front 3 would suit me fine [:D]

Merry Xmas to you Yankee and Wes of course [:)]

We  need Swindon to beat Charlton for us today

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Goal!Hoolahan goal, Otsemobor assist.[/quote]

[Y] How many for Hooli?

[/quote]He''s level with Martin now, and i think it''s 13 (open to a correction on that one though).

Think its 13 for Wes too although radio said 12, 19 for Holt, 13 for Chrissy Martin.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Charlton has had a man sent off against Swindon. They can hear our hooves thundering along.[/quote]

Thats good news for us, lets hope that Swindon can get a result today.

Fancy Holty to get his 20th today, header  followed by a Chrissy Martin tap in.