Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

Why I wud buy a Defender!

If I had between 1.5 to 2 million to spend I wud want to buy Norwich a centre back. Clearly Doherty runs his heart out, but is not really good enuff to help us avoid the drop. I wud buy Phil Jagielka from Sheff Utd, brilliant centre back, good pace, strong in the air and in the tackle, England U21 international, he has got everything.

Yeah agreed we prob need a striker as well, yet to improve on the strikers we already have we need at least 3 mill which we haven''t got. So loaning someone like David Bellion or Ameobi mite be an option.

Can''t wait 4 the window to open shud b fun!

A player like Jagielka would be great.  He''s a superb defender.  If we could get someone on loan (Bellion, Ameobi, Euell etc) who could score goals for us, it would be a good idea to get a quality defender. I think our priority has to be a goal scorer though

Good shout with Jagielka - had forgotten about him; could do with the blades losing a few games to ensure they are not pushing for promotion - more likely to sell then.

OTBC

Personally DDIM I have changed my mind about us desperately needing a striker.  For one I think Jonson should be given a crack up front as he has a good strike-rate from playing that role.  Secondly we are going to have to start creating a lot more opportunities or a new striker would be irrelevant.  For example what good would it have done us to Van Nistelroy & Michael Owen up front on Saturday?  They wouldn''t have had a chance to score from.

Jagielka plays in goal when that pudding Kenny is injured or sent off (!), in midfield if required, at right back or in the centre of defence.  Certainly puts the ''ute'' into utility, but he''s more than decent wherever he is.  Has a good haircut too, which means he would fit in well here!!!

Yes, I was going to start a thread called - "Chances to Goals Ratio".

I would say Svensson has had two good chances to score, and so far has three goals - not a bad rate!

So maybe we just need to get the ball in the danger zone a lot more.