Sign in to follow this  
Wembley_Canary

Hoolahan is irreplaceable!

Involved in both of the goals today just as he was in 2 of our goals against Huddersfield last week, I think he''s on 13 goals for the season now, not sure how many assists but he does seem to have some involvement in most of the goals we score. I genuinely believe that keeping hold on Hoolahan after January will be the key to our top 2 promotion challenge. It''s hard to believe that there wont be much interest from Championship clubs in January as he his repuatation as being one of the oustanding players in this division goes from strength to strength. So I can only hope to god that we don''t sell him for ANY supposedly reasonable price in January, such is his importance to the team and getting back to Championship level. So Delia Smith and co, will you please reject any offer that is below the £5m mark, I know in the real world he''s not worth that much, but anything less than that amount is simply not worth it IMO. The ambition of the Current Norwich Board is set for it''s biggest test in awhile, come January.

I wouldn''t worry about us losing players in January if what I heard at the game today is true, apparently Mr Foulger is putting his hand in his pocket to the tune of a couple of million quid for the transfer window and the only players likely to be leaving are the ones Lambert doesn''t want. Comes from someone who has connections with Foulger and has never been wrong before.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I wouldn''t worry about us losing players in January if what I heard at the game today is true, apparently Mr Foulger is putting his hand in his pocket to the tune of a couple of million quid for the transfer window and the only players likely to be leaving are the ones Lambert doesn''t want. Comes from someone who has connections with Foulger and has never been wrong before.[/quote]I sure hope that proves to be true Kdncfc

[quote user="kdncfc"]I wouldn''t worry about us losing players in January if what I heard at the game today is true, apparently Mr Foulger is putting his hand in his pocket to the tune of a couple of million quid for the transfer window and the only players likely to be leaving are the ones Lambert doesn''t want. Comes from someone who has connections with Foulger and has never been wrong before.[/quote]

Was that wiz?

any team that took hoolahan would have to build their team around him and play to a system that suits him...we`ve done that and credit to lambert for that but  i can`t see   a championship team adapting to it for half a season..  if that makes sense ? [:D]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Involved in both of the goals today just as he was in 2 of our goals against Huddersfield last week, I think he''s on 13 goals for the season now, not sure how many assists but he does seem to have some involvement in most of the goals we score. I genuinely believe that keeping hold on Hoolahan after January will be the key to our top 2 promotion challenge. It''s hard to believe that there wont be much interest from Championship clubs in January as he his repuatation as being one of the oustanding players in this division goes from strength to strength. So I can only hope to god that we don''t sell him for ANY supposedly reasonable price in January, such is his importance to the team and getting back to Championship level. So Delia Smith and co, will you please reject any offer that is below the £5m mark, I know in the real world he''s not worth that much, but anything less than that amount is simply not worth it IMO. The ambition of the Current Norwich Board is set for it''s biggest test in awhile, come January. [/quote]

Correct!

Hoolahan is worth more staying than being sold cause if he left we''d find getting promoted much more difficult and staying in this League for too long would be costly!

Anyway why would he want to go to some lower half Championship side with smaller crowds than ours and little ambition other than staying up, particularly cause its very possible that a current lower table Championship side will be worse than us next season!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I wouldn''t worry about us losing players in January if what I heard at the game today is true, apparently Mr Foulger is putting his hand in his pocket to the tune of a couple of million quid for the transfer window and the only players likely to be leaving are the ones Lambert doesn''t want. Comes from someone who has connections with Foulger and has never been wrong before.[/quote]

Was that wiz?

[/quote]

No, but it just confirms what I already know![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Was that wiz?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would have bet my house on you posting that [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Was that wiz?

[/quote]

[/quote]This isn''t a criticism of you, Wiz, but I''ll see it as confirmed when the cheque has been banked...

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Involved in both of the goals today just as he was in 2 of our goals against Huddersfield last week, I think he''s on 13 goals for the season now, not sure how many assists but he does seem to have some involvement in most of the goals we score. I genuinely believe that keeping hold on Hoolahan after January will be the key to our top 2 promotion challenge. It''s hard to believe that there wont be much interest from Championship clubs in January as he his repuatation as being one of the oustanding players in this division goes from strength to strength. So I can only hope to god that we don''t sell him for ANY supposedly reasonable price in January, such is his importance to the team and getting back to Championship level. So Delia Smith and co, will you please reject any offer that is below the £5m mark, I know in the real world he''s not worth that much, but anything less than that amount is simply not worth it IMO. The ambition of the Current Norwich Board is set for it''s biggest test in awhile, come January. [/quote]With respect, why would anyone offer that kind of money for a 27yr old from League One?You may love him and I think he''s a classy footballer, but the facts are he''s ripping apart the third division not the championship and he''s 27! To you he''s worth £5m, his real world value is closer to £3m and I doubt your board would reject that if the majority was upfront.These are the harsh facts of League One!

It''s about time that hoolahan got the praise he deserves.

He''s at the top of his game right and now, and i doubt there is a more effective player in the division.

It''s good to see him playing with confidence, under a manager that has found his position, which allows him to be creative. Last season when hoolahan got injured we went downhill, he was underrated then, although admittedly a bit hot and cold. Hoolahan is the catalyst for what we are doing right now, and you are right, we have a good team, but he is the special one, the irreplaceable one!

This is something I have heard too...although figures were not mentioned...very reliable source close to Michael

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Involved in both of the goals today just as he was in 2 of our goals against Huddersfield last week, I think he''s on 13 goals for the season now, not sure how many assists but he does seem to have some involvement in most of the goals we score. I genuinely believe that keeping hold on Hoolahan after January will be the key to our top 2 promotion challenge. It''s hard to believe that there wont be much interest from Championship clubs in January as he his repuatation as being one of the oustanding players in this division goes from strength to strength. So I can only hope to god that we don''t sell him for ANY supposedly reasonable price in January, such is his importance to the team and getting back to Championship level. So Delia Smith and co, will you please reject any offer that is below the £5m mark, I know in the real world he''s not worth that much, but anything less than that amount is simply not worth it IMO. The ambition of the Current Norwich Board is set for it''s biggest test in awhile, come January. [/quote]With respect, why would anyone offer that kind of money for a 27yr old from League One?You may love him and I think he''s a classy footballer, but the facts are he''s ripping apart the third division not the championship and he''s 27! To you he''s worth £5m, his real world value is closer to £3m and I doubt your board would reject that if the majority was upfront.These are the harsh facts of League One![/quote]He is worth 5million if its the money we gain by going up, which with him in out team we will. He is the best player in the division by a mile, even today against a strong Milwall team, that beat the so called mighty Leeds and drew with Charlton, he ran the show. For me he always looked two steps ahead of nearly every player on the pitch. If he had a right foot and a bit more pace he''d be in the premiership and worth double!

any coincedence our team with him in the champ came midtable, and without came bottom? He''s amazing! i''d rather keep him than get £5m to be honest until we go up