Sign in to follow this  
jb

Crouch now anyone?

Two goals in two games and Svenno out?Could he become part of ''arry''s wheeling and dealing?

[quote]Two goals in two games and Svenno out?Could he become part of ''arry''s wheeling and dealing?[/quote]

Has anyone seen the two goals he''s scored?  The first was a goalkeeping error and the second an open goal which any tall player would have scored! 

I''m not crying into my mince pie that we''ve missed out on Crouch!

Er, the first one was an excellent flying header.The second he otjumped Ledley King and e,that''s still two goals in two games!!I was n''t saying we''d missed out but I do hope we''re in for him.

I thought he looked quite frustrating on saturday. Most of his headers were lame ones which were right into the goalies hands and when the ball comes to his feet he just freezes. Many bad misses aswel

When are people going to stop looking at Crouch through the Yellow & Green glasses of a promotion season.  He did OK not GREAT for us last season in the FIRST DIVISION.  He managed an average of 1 goal every 3 games.  There are people in the Fizzy league that are more consistant that I would rather see at City

He is part of the clubs history NOT the future.

[quote]Er, the first one was an excellent flying header.The second he otjumped Ledley King and e,that''s still two goals in two games!!I was n''t saying we''d missed out but I do hope we''re in for him.[/quote]

Sorry jb but I would hardly call his goal against Boro a "flying header".  It went right through Schwarzar. And I think if I was 6" 7 I''d be able to outjump Ledley King!

And our strikers so far have scored er...........Yes prolific aren''t they?Maybe Harewood''s the answer?LOL.

JB,

How many chances has Svensson missed this season.  I can''t recall many times that I have seen him and thought "He should have scored there".  He has had no decent service all season, except against Bolton when he scored 2 goals from 2 chances.

So the question to you JB is, how will Crouch score all these goals you promise?  Is he going to cross the ball for himself and then put the ball in the net?  I don''t think so.  Buying Crouch would be pointless, he needs several chances to score a goal and playing for us he won''t get the opportunity to miss two chances before he scores. 

The other reason I would not want Crouch is that we would revert back the days of hoofing the ball down-field all day.  We are starting to play some good football, lets build on that and buy a mobile, pacey striker.

Harewood is mobile,pacy and er,useless according to West Ham fans.Also we didn''t hoof to Crouch.He has good feet,holds the ball up well and we played into him so that others could run off him.Nigel bid for him in the Summer and will again.The only reason we didn''t get him before was we couldn''t afford him.

JB,

I''m not suggesting that Harewood is the answer.  Also I don''t recall NW bidding for Crouch, I pretty sure he just enquired about him.

Sorry but if we had Crouch in the team and we were under pressure from the opposition our back four would just find it far too tempting to aim for the 6ft7 beanpole at the other end of the pitch.

Crouch has no proven Premiership goal scoring record.  In fact his goal scoring record for his whole career is pretty mediocre, combine that with what Southampton will want for him and it just isn''t going to happen.  Saints aint going to sell him off for much less than the £2m they paid for him, which means we can''t afford him. 

Do you think Redknapp will sell him?

I honestly do not believe that this is being discussed again.  Was just going to ignore the post but found it so laughable that people are still harping on about him that felt I just had to reply.

Yeah I agree Nav. Cant believe we are still hearing about bloody Peter Crouch. For the last time he is not what we need!!!! Get over him and stop living in the bloody past!

[quote]JB, How many chances has Svensson missed this season. I can''t recall many times that I have seen him and thought "He should have scored there". He has had no decent service all season, except again...[/quote]

youve got it spot on. I think there are better players to spend the money on

[quote]Like Harewood?.PUHLEEEASE.[/quote]

Who said Harewood??

JB, how much would Crouch cost? Southampton look likely to sell Beattie during the transfer window, I can''t imagine they will sell two strikers unless they want to go down.

What is it about Crouch that makes you feel he is so good?

2 goals in two starts in the Premier League tells me something.Also scored in a sub appearance.as he scored more than ourstrikers in tree games?Does this tell you something?

[quote]2 goals in two starts in the Premier League tells me something.Also scored in a sub appearance.as he scored more than ourstrikers in tree games?Does this tell you something?[/quote]

45 Goals (38 of which have been scored in lower leagues)in 158 Games, tells me something also... he aint worth spending £2m on. 

You appear to have conveniently ignored most of those were sub appearances usually for ten minutes at the end of a game.We were 16th when he arrived at Carrow Road and top when he left.Tell you anything?

And he was sub in most of those games for a reason - he''s not good enough to feature in the first team. As for leaving us when we were top - that was down to Huckerby. Crouch was in the right place at the right time - riding on the crest of Huckerby''s wave. Thankfully, Crouch won''t be coming to City.

We were still top 5 months after Crouch left as well.  The loaning of Huckerby was far more influencial than Crouch''s.  Again though, we are now talking Premier League not Fizzy League.  If Crouch has a better than a 1 goal in 3 games average at the end of the season I will be very suprised.

Do you think we will sign Crouch then JB?