Sign in to follow this  
Colu_Tristan

Lambert applies for Dundee United job

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote]you sad sad child, did santa not get what you want? [:(]

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Don''t shoot the messenger, he has just applied for another job, which he''s allowed to do in a free country; happens all the time.[/quote]T

Time for bed to play with yourself.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]

Lambert''s had one eye on the Dundee United job for some time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2357779/Lambert-content-to-bide-time.html

It makes no difference to me whether he stays or goes, for you''ll still be in League One next season either way.

[/quote]

Hey

Sorry if already been said.

But has any1 noticed the date on this?

says 2005!!!!!  

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Bad John"]

And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y]
[/quote]

I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.

Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...

[/quote]

Historical fact - The term "Collaborator" comes from the town of Colchester whose people were only too quick to jump into bed with the Romans.

[/quote]

Of course there IS a theory that it comes from the Latin "collaborare", meaning to work together, and that it couldn''t come from the Latin name for Colchester, which is generally rendered as Camulodunum and so etymologically rather different. But your fact is vastly preferable...[/quote]

Thanks A.J.P. but I already knew that...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Bad John"]And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y][/quote]I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...[/quote]I hate generally-accepted claims. Colchester being a Roman town and yet there are settlements known to have exhisted in some places since before Roman times. The first to be called a town maybe but to say its the oldest is a bit bizarre and anyway it didn''t last very long.If its the oldest town its a bit like Trigger''s claim to have had the same broom for how-ever many years. Colchester was raised to the ground by our one and only Boudica and the Iceni. To me thats like Trigger replacing the broom head and handle a few times over those years . . . .

[quote user="Longy"]Lol you are going to have do better than that, at least suggest a team that is bigger than us. I think Mr Lambert ambitions are slightly bigger than managing a broke SPL side getting 6000 attendances, then again you would know a lot about getting only 6000 supporters a week.[/quote]

Lambert still lives in Scotland, so if he gets the job he''ll be off faster than a rat up a drain pipe. The man is SPL through and through.

[/quote]That''s a Christmas Crackerhttp://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00028/frank-carson_28816t.jpg

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Don''t shoot the messenger, he has just applied for another job, which he''s allowed to do in a free country; happens all the time.[/quote]

HO HO HO HO! Don''t shoot the messanger!!! HO HO HO HO. Please don''t embarrass yourself further and disappear back into the oblivion from whence you came!

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Nonsensical tripe I''m afraid.  On the Goodnewsgordon scale of nonsensical tripe that''s a 2 out of 10 I believe.  Even he briefly managed a 4/10 with Shoela is in the building.  You just can''t get the wind up merchants these days...............

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote] AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a load of old tosh. Lambert is under contract, Dundee Utd are skint so even if it went to a tribunal Utd couldn''t pay the compo. This nonsensical jealousy from Col Who fans is becoming embarrassing to be honest. Very amusing though that you feel the need to slag us off because of your own club''s irrelevance! :D[/quote]

Lambert is only on a months rolling contract at Norwich, so he can leave for peanuts, and certainly less than the 250k they got for Levein.

[/quote]

he''s on a years rlling Contract.. Try again

He lives in Norfolk... why would he live in Scotland and comute to Colney every day? try again.

Dundee UTD arent going to be in europe for too much longer as all scottish teams are crap - try again.

[quote user="chicken"][
. Colchester was raised to the ground by our one and only Boudica and the Iceni.
[/quote]

did i Miss that Match? and any chance of getting this Buodica for the rest of the season Matt ;) :p

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote]

I don''t often resort to this but...........PISS OFF!

and what national paper has quoted this then . you cant tell colchester fans are fairly bitter regarding lamberts departure from colchester .

!!!

he did not want the scotland job why the hell would he want to be a manager of dundee ..?

get real its not happening .

We ain''t all bitter about Lambert,i personally couldn''t give a toss anymore..I''m more than happy with Aidy so you are welcome to Lambert as long as we get a bit of compensation which we are deserve.....

your right you do deserve some compensation yet your chairman must be bitter wanting points deducted from us after you allowed norwich to approach him .maybe all at colchester should just move on .

The fact is, this kid has issues, the very fact he can only come up with a maybe quote from nearly 5 years ago say just how mentaly ill he is.

Still he comes from colchester, a town full of retards.

Or maybe he got the story from his fish and chip wrappers [:D]

[quote user="cufcone"]

We ain''t all bitter about Lambert,i personally couldn''t give a toss anymore..I''m more than happy with Aidy so you are welcome to Lambert as long as we get a bit of compensation which we are deserve.....

[/quote]

If you are not bitter and twisted any more why do you still go on about him you sad loser.

You need all the money you can get with your SMALL crowds.

2009-2010 season

League 1

Team P W D L F A Pts GD

1 Leeds 21 15 5 1 38 10 50 28

2 Charlton Athletic 23 13 8 2 45 26 47 19

3 Norwich City 23 13 6 4 50 27 45 23

4 Colchester VILLAGE 22 12 6 4 37 20 42 17

Simple

S''ok guys.... theres always Boothroyd, rumored to have been interested in managing us for a few years now. ;)

I fear you are right.... but not Dundee Utd. My info relates to a rather bigger club and it''s just a matter of when rather than if........

Good luck to your Col. U boys Tristan. I can just imagine how our fans would have reacted had the boot been on the other foot.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

I fear you are right.... but not Dundee Utd. My info relates to a rather bigger club and it''s just a matter of when rather than if........

Good luck to your Col. U boys Tristan. I can just imagine how our fans would have reacted had the boot been on the other foot.

[/quote]Oh just do one Cluck.Every opportunity you get you slag NCFC and us fans off. Are we annoyed that we lost 3-1 today?

this is part of modern day media speculation . the guy has walked into a job and taken a team that has just been spanked from a team he managed and turned them round . a promotion on his cv is going to look good . what would you do..? i would stay for six months at least to take a team that got hit hard 7-1 to managing that team to promotion has to be his aim surely.?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Is this REALLY the best you can manage.........I expect better than this  from the self styled King of Bull Crap

Cluck well done on the most unoriginal piece of "info" ever. Obviously his aim will be to manage a certain much bigger team from Glasgow, but that will only happen if he succeeds here.

So not this league, as we were always - with a vaguely decent manager - going to do well. If he does well with us in the Championship, maybe then will they take the plunge.