Sign in to follow this  
Colu_Tristan

Lambert applies for Dundee United job

Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a load of old tosh.

Lambert is under contract, Dundee Utd are skint so even if it went to a tribunal Utd couldn''t pay the compo.

This nonsensical jealousy from Col Who fans is becoming embarrassing to be honest. Very amusing though that you feel the need to slag us off because of your own club''s irrelevance! :D

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote] AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a load of old tosh. Lambert is under contract, Dundee Utd are skint so even if it went to a tribunal Utd couldn''t pay the compo. This nonsensical jealousy from Col Who fans is becoming embarrassing to be honest. Very amusing though that you feel the need to slag us off because of your own club''s irrelevance! :D[/quote]

Lambert is only on a months rolling contract at Norwich, so he can leave for peanuts, and certainly less than the 250k they got for Levein.

Lol you are going to have do better than that, at least suggest a team that is bigger than us. I think Mr Lambert ambitions are slightly bigger than managing a broke SPL side getting 6000 attendances, then again you would know a lot about getting only 6000 supporters a week.

[quote user="Longy"]Lol you are going to have do better than that, at least suggest a team that is bigger than us. I think Mr Lambert ambitions are slightly bigger than managing a broke SPL side getting 6000 attendances, then again you would know a lot about getting only 6000 supporters a week.
[/quote]

Lambert still lives in Scotland, so if he gets the job he''ll be off faster than a rat up a drain pipe. The man is SPL through and through.

"SPL through and through" is he? That would be why he happily left the SPL to go and play for Borussia Dortmund then? And when he was caught on camera in tears on the pitch when he left them to go back to Celtic?

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]

[quote user="Longy"]Lol you are going to have do better than that, at least suggest a team that is bigger than us. I think Mr Lambert ambitions are slightly bigger than managing a broke SPL side getting 6000 attendances, then again you would know a lot about getting only 6000 supporters a week.[/quote]

Lambert still lives in Scotland, so if he gets the job he''ll be off faster than a rat up a drain pipe. The man is SPL through and through.

[/quote]Shouldn''t you be watching your x-factor dvds on Christmas day or whatever 10 year olds do today, instead of making up stuff. SPL through and through I dare you to find a quote from Lambert that indicates  this, the only job Lambert would geniunely be interested up there is the Celtic job.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Looks like you lot are about to get a lesson on loyalty Lambert style. Clearly the possibility of European football back in his native Scotland has proven too alluring, for him to throw his hat into the ring after only a few months at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Keep sucking on that Lemon you bitter tin pot supporter.

This could possibly be the most laughable rumour thread ever started.Personally if I was going to start rumours I''d at least make them slightly plausible.

Hes on a rolling contract? what a load of crap.....

why would he want to leave?

he probably couldn''t care less about scottish football, hense the fact he has left it so often.....

and it would have made more sense to go for Scotland manager job, not Dundee, who are probably a lot worse than even Colchester,,,,

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Don''t shoot the messenger, he has just applied for another job, which he''s allowed to do in a free country; happens all the time.[/quote]So, where did you glean this information from pray tell?And that article you posted a link to doesn''t count, as its 5 years old.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Don''t shoot the messenger, he has just applied for another job, which he''s allowed to do in a free country; happens all the time.[/quote]Show us where you got this info from!!!!!??????

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Don''t shoot the messenger, he has just applied for another job, which he''s allowed to do in a free country; happens all the time.[/quote]Is this guy Robbie Cowling?? I had a conversation with a lifelong Col U supporter last night and he told me how little the fans think of RC. This chap I was speaking to was a good guy, you''re obviously a total troll. Go stuff your face with turkey and enjoy your evening of watching Only Fools and Horses re-runs with your ONE friend.

Never have i encountered such a pathetic club, with pathetic staff, from Lisbie to Cowling, with such uttery pathetic fans.I never thought it would come to this, but i am fast coming to the point where my hatred for Colchester is coming to equal the contempt of which i feel for the sc*m that inhabit that dump down the road, if only for being such a shameful whinging bunch of people that bring enormous embarassment to a once proud region of the UK.And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y]

I suspect that he has now realised how pathetic his "amazing jolly jape wind up" actually is and he has quietly made his excuses and left.[:)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y][/quote]I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Bad John"]And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y][/quote]I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...[/quote]Hahahahaha, now that would be funny!

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Don''t shoot the messenger, he has just applied for another job, which he''s allowed to do in a free country; happens all the time.[/quote]

So if it''s a ''free country'' and applying for another job isn''t a problem why are U (pun intended) making such a fuss out of Lambert leaving Colchester for a far better position..?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Bad John"]

And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y]
[/quote]

I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.

Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...

[/quote]

Hahahahaha, now that would be funny!
[/quote]

Following on from the CE I think they must all be pissed down that way. Maybe they are just catching up as the article was from 4 years ago.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Bad John"]

And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y]
[/quote]

I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.

Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...

[/quote]

Historical fact - The term "Collaborator" comes from the town of Colchester whose people were only too quick to jump into bed with the Romans.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Bad John"]And to think you''re a town that would mean nothing to this world simply if it were not for the bitterness you hold for a city and 2 nearby towns with clubs and a history much greater than your own... Rest assured now that i do indeed both recognise and pitty your pathetic town and it''s people. [Y][/quote]I think Colchester''s generally-accepted claim to be the oldest town in Britain means it qualifies as having a fair bit of history.Moving on, I''d actually like this story to be true, so we then could poach Boothroyd...[/quote]

Historical fact - The term "Collaborator" comes from the town of Colchester whose people were only too quick to jump into bed with the Romans.

[/quote]Of course there IS a theory that it comes from the Latin "collaborare", meaning to work together, and that it couldn''t come from the Latin name for Colchester, which is generally rendered as Camulodunum and so etymologically rather different. But your fact is vastly preferable...