Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

the lower barclay its a disgrace

i don`t mean the support that was excellent but why is it that the lower barclay is so much better served than the rest of the ground ? i  was in their today on a borrowed season ticket and bloody hell  the area at the back is like a posh working mens club.. draft beer ,tables and chairs, heating , and   god knows how many refeshment kiosks... if fans who`d bought over priced season tickets in the jarrold knew what was going on there would a riot... its not on ,we`re all equal although it appears some are more equal than others [:@]

Yes the facilities in the Barclay lower have always been very good and I''ve rarely seen better at away games either!

I know in this day and age of near sell out crowds and seat in the ground is not to be sniffed at but I''ve always found it ridiculous that people in the Jarold stand and City stands pay more for their season tickets when facilties aren''t as good nor is the atmosphere!

Don''t forget the play stations or whatever they are, to keep the kids amused.  I love it in the Barclay, have always stood/sat there and wouldn''t want to be anywhere else.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t forget the play stations or whatever they are, to keep the kids amused.  I love it in the Barclay, have always stood/sat there and wouldn''t want to be anywhere else.[/quote]

Yes and I heared we are getting padded seats and waiter service next season, mind you I''m not keen on them Salmon sandwiches  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t forget the play stations or whatever they are, to keep the kids amused.  I love it in the Barclay, have always stood/sat there and wouldn''t want to be anywhere else.[/quote]

Yes and I heared we are getting padded seats and waiter service next season, mind you I''m not keen on them Salmon sandwiches  

[/quote]

I heard also we are to get tea and coffee in china cups [;)]

I quite agree about the sarnies though, much prefer tuna and cucumber [:)]

[quote user="pennywise "]i don`t mean the support that was excellent but why is it that the lower barclay is so much better served than the rest of the ground ? i  was in their today on a borrowed season ticket and bloody hell  the area at the back is like a posh working mens club.. draft beer ,tables and chairs, heating , and   god knows how many refeshment kiosks... if fans who`d bought over priced season tickets in the jarrold knew what was going on there would a riot... its not on ,we`re all equal although it appears some are more equal than others [:@][/quote]

SSHHHHHH!!!!!!

Don`t want the riff raff in here!!

I''d like to give thanks yet again to the persons responsible for the early kick-off. It''s nice to have a sunny day but most of the lower Barclay, (I''m not sure about the upper,) couldn''t see a ruddy thing the whole match today without shielding our eyes. At least in the warmer months the sun is well up but today it was full on. They should have given us old negatives to look through to prevent cornea damage! It was warm too. What a contrast from last weeks "one of the coldest games ever attended at CR" to today, when, quite seriously, you could have sat in a tee shirt. You may not have been able to see properly today, but you could get a tan. 

[quote user="Arthur Frederick"]I''d like to give thanks yet again to the persons responsible for the early kick-off. It''s nice to have a sunny day but most of the lower Barclay, (I''m not sure about the upper,) couldn''t see a ruddy thing the whole match today without shielding our eyes. At least in the warmer months the sun is well up but today it was full on. They should have given us old negatives to look through to prevent cornea damage! It was warm too. What a contrast from last weeks "one of the coldest games ever attended at CR" to today, when, quite seriously, you could have sat in a tee shirt. You may not have been able to see properly today, but you could get a tan. [/quote]

My arms are killing me tonight after 90 plus minutes of holding my hands up so I could see...much better than freezing your bits off though!

[quote user="pennywise "]i don`t mean the support that was excellent but why is it that the lower barclay is so much better served than the rest of the ground ? i  was in their today on a borrowed season ticket and bloody hell  the area at the back is like a posh working mens club.. draft beer ,tables and chairs, heating , and   god knows how many refeshment kiosks... if fans who`d bought over priced season tickets in the jarrold knew what was going on there would a riot... its not on ,we`re all equal although it appears some are more equal than others [:@][/quote]I have a season ticket in the LB and have sat in all parts of the ground for me the LB is exactly what you would expect at any ground. The city stand is probably the most spoilt they have carpet in there!

What with one thing and another we''ve really suffered from the weather at Carrow Road lately! Pouring rain against Tranmere, freezing cold against Huddersfield, and dazzling sunshine against Millwall. Oh for a nice ordinary winter day - dry, cloudy and not too cold!!!!!

Facilities in the upper Barclay are crapola by comparison.Its nigh on impossible to get a beer at half time its so packed.

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="pennywise "]i don`t mean the support that was excellent but why is it that the lower barclay is so much better served than the rest of the ground ? i  was in their today on a borrowed season ticket and bloody hell  the area at the back is like a posh working mens club.. draft beer ,tables and chairs, heating , and   god knows how many refeshment kiosks... if fans who`d bought over priced season tickets in the jarrold knew what was going on there would a riot... its not on ,we`re all equal although it appears some are more equal than others [:@][/quote]

I have a season ticket in the LB and have sat in all parts of the ground for me the LB is exactly what you would expect at any ground. The city stand is probably the most spoilt they have carpet in there!
[/quote]

No carpets in the bit of the City stand where I get my drinks.

i`m going to write to mcnally about it in the new year.they should either upgrade the other facilities or down grade the lower barclay [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Frederick"]I''d like to give thanks yet again to the persons responsible for the early kick-off. It''s nice to have a sunny day but most of the lower Barclay, (I''m not sure about the upper,) couldn''t see a ruddy thing the whole match today without shielding our eyes. At least in the warmer months the sun is well up but today it was full on. They should have given us old negatives to look through to prevent cornea damage! It was warm too. What a contrast from last weeks "one of the coldest games ever attended at CR" to today, when, quite seriously, you could have sat in a tee shirt. You may not have been able to see properly today, but you could get a tan. [/quote]

With respect, if you sit in the Barclay regularly and have an ounce of common sense, you would have taken a cap.

Like I did.

This thread epitomises the average mentality of today''s football fan.Maybe you''ll be happy when you can take your slippers and your own f*cking armchair.

Twots.

[quote user="Shyster"]This thread epitomises the average mentality of today''s football fan.Maybe you''ll be happy when you can take your slippers and your own f*cking armchair.

Twots.[/quote]Would be nice wouldn''t it?

Well i think they desrve the luxuries as thats where the main support comes from, i hear the Barclay stand gets promoted before the Jarrold stand and good on em!

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="pennywise "]i don`t mean the support that was excellent but why is it that the lower barclay is so much better served than the rest of the ground ? i  was in their today on a borrowed season ticket and bloody hell  the area at the back is like a posh working mens club.. draft beer ,tables and chairs, heating , and   god knows how many refeshment kiosks... if fans who`d bought over priced season tickets in the jarrold knew what was going on there would a riot... its not on ,we`re all equal although it appears some are more equal than others [:@][/quote]

I have a season ticket in the LB and have sat in all parts of the ground for me the LB is exactly what you would expect at any ground. The city stand is probably the most spoilt they have carpet in there!
[/quote]

Carpet, maybe.

But is it clean?

And then, of course, there''s carpet and carpet..............

OTBC

[quote user="Shyster"]This thread epitomises the average mentality of today''s football fan.

Maybe you''ll be happy when you can take your slippers and your own f*cking armchair.

Twots.
[/quote]

thank you  cluck wannabe .. did you think of that all yourself  ?  [:D]

the service in the Lower Barclay is crap! it was ok about 5 years ago but has got progressivley worse since! i can remember though, gettong down there at the start of half time and finally getting served and back to my site on 50 minutes.. thankfully its not that bad now!

the food is horrible too! we must be the only ground i have been too that doesnt offer Burgers or chips inside the ground!

You will only see me at the Ladbrokes stand occasionally... i try to avoid it now...

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Shyster"]This thread epitomises the average mentality of today''s football fan.

Maybe you''ll be happy when you can take your slippers and your own f*cking armchair.

Twots.
[/quote]

thank you  cluck wannabe .. did you think of that all yourself  ?  [:D]

[/quote]

but in all, what do we go to Carrow road for? sit in a lounge in nice soft arm chairs all nice and snug, or do we go to watch football, If people want arm chairs and all the trimmings then try the living room   and radio norfolk

[quote user="pennywise "]speak for yourself mate i only go for the pies [/quote]

I wonder how many turkey pies were sold yesterday ?

Last thing I wanted was more bloody turkey !!!!

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="pennywise "]speak for yourself mate i only go for the pies [/quote]

[/quote]

I find them a bit fowel to be honest

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

I find them a bit fowel to be honest

[/quote]

I suppose they were only charging a poultry sum for them though. Some game birds were eating them too.!!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="pennywise "]i don`t mean the support that was excellent but why is it that the lower barclay is so much better served than the rest of the ground ? i  was in their today on a borrowed season ticket and bloody hell  the area at the back is like a posh working mens club.. draft beer ,tables and chairs, heating , and   god knows how many refeshment kiosks... if fans who`d bought over priced season tickets in the jarrold knew what was going on there would a riot... its not on ,we`re all equal although it appears some are more equal than others [:@][/quote]I have a season ticket in the LB and have sat in all parts of the ground for me the LB is exactly what you would expect at any ground. The city stand is probably the most spoilt they have carpet in there! [/quote]

Carpet, maybe.

But is it clean?

And then, of course, there''s carpet and carpet..............

OTBC

[/quote]Not at all to be confused with Carpet cause thats another matter