Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Matt Gill

Gotta give him credit today, thought he came on and did well.

His passing was good and he was disciplined sitting in front of the back 4.

At first I was worried when I saw the sub...but he proved me wrong and had a good impact.

Well done

gotta agree i`ve had a real downer on the bloke and  was gutted when rusty went off ..but he sat in there well and i hardly noticed rusty was gone [:D]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Gotta give him credit today, thought he came on and did well.

His passing was good and he was disciplined sitting in front of the back 4.

At first I was worried when I saw the sub...but he proved me wrong and had a good impact.

Well done[/quote]

He might actually get a game on Monday, let''s hope he takes the chance.

I agree, I let out a grown when I saw Rusty replaced, but Matty Gill was brilliant today, solid, passed well, looked good and confident. I hope we can see more of this from him!!

Absolutely spot on. He was excellent - didn''t do anything flash, but just roamed around mopping things up here and there and then playing a nice, simple pass. Stood off well and timed his tackles to perfection. In fact, he reminded me a little of Sammy Clingan in the way that he carried the ball. Top marks - and so important to have bench players who can come in and perform...

Aha finally, I rated Gill when he joined and had been disappointed with him so far, albeit he''s not really had a chance to settle into the side. Pleased the lad might just have found his feet.

Like most earlier posters I was really worried that losing Rusty would cause us problems, but Gill, like Nelson, stepped up to the plate and performed. Hats off to the lad!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Like most earlier posters I was really worried that losing Rusty would cause us problems, but Gill, like Nelson, stepped up to the plate and performed. Hats off to the lad!

[/quote]Yeah makes you feel more confident about the depth of the squad as well.

Like a lot of others, I was still waiting to be impressed by him. Today though I thought he was excellent playing the role that Russell has made his own this season. Break up the opposition attack, then just give the easy ball. Really good 45 minutes.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Yes, and hats off to Gunn for bring them both in. Credit due to Gunn for assembling a squad of players which Lambert is bringing the best out of. So well done to both. 

Used the ball well but for me stands of the opposition far to much which gives them the space to attack!

That said I was all up for getting rid of him ASAP but hes proved today that hes capable of doing a job as a backup squad till the end of the season!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Used the ball well but for me stands of the opposition far to much which gives them the space to attack!

That said I was all up for getting rid of him ASAP but hes proved today that hes capable of doing a job as a backup squad till the end of the season![/quote]Have to disagree with you there, GRD - I thought his standing off was one of the best parts of his game - he didn''t jump into the tackle at the wrong time, but bided his time, keeping the player with the ball in check, and then made the tackle when he was sure he''d get the ball. Yes, that loses a few yards, but it''s better than jumping in and getting booked, or, worse, jumping in and missing the ball completely, like a certain right back whose last name is quite long and begins with O.

Didn''t surprise me when Rusty got taken off...he really didn''t seem to be himself today, off the pace and a bit half hearted, albeit he put in a couple of important blocks on their shots. Sort of relieved to hear that the cause would appear to be an injury, so looking forward to him coming back within a game or two refreshed. Like others, didn''t see Gill as fitting into this team, but today it clicked for him. He is a sound fall back option for me though..

Sorry, still not impressed with this guy. Weak, mediocre midfielder who''s never going to put foot in. Distribution is his strong-point apparently? He was ''tidy'' today yes. Don''t think even the influence of Lambert will change his ways.He''ll do while we have injuries...

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Yes, and hats off to Gunn for bring them both in. Credit due to Gunn for assembling a squad of players which Lambert is bringing the best out of. So well done to both. 

[/quote]

Yes,well done Gunny.[:|]