Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Best City team of the noughties?

Heres mine:            GreenoEdworthy Mackay Fleming Drury           Crofty?      Francis  Hucks               Hoolahan       Holt            Earnshaw

[quote user="morty"]No Dublin? Or Iwan??[/quote]My front two were incredibly hard to pick.My options were:Earnie, Holt, Roberts, Dublin ...Cureton?[:P]I also had trouble picking the right midfielder and the defensive (sp?) midfielder.

GK:- Robert Green - no question

LB:- Adam Drury -obvious

RB:- Steen Nedergaard although i have to say if we''d seen the best of Helveg in his short time he would of made it

CB:- Jason Shackel not everyones choice maybe but for me its good to see a product of the acadamy do well

CB:- Malky Mackay (c) 

LM:- Darren Huckerby 

RM:- David Bentley

CM :- Damian Francis

STR:- Rob Earnshaw

STR:- Dean Ashton

STR:- Iwan Roberts

Subs:- David Marshall, Craig Fleming, Mark Edworthy, Wes Hoolahan, Sammy Clingan, Grant Holt (Holt can not be in the team above the others simply because of the level of competition he is playing against)

Green   Edworthy    Mackay     Fleming  Dury      Francis       Gary Holt        Safri   Ashton                             Huckerby                        Roberts

Green

Nedergaard   Mackay   Fleming   Drury

Safri

Francis          Huckerby

Hoolahan

Ashton   Roberts

Green

Edworhty         Dublin         Mackay      Drury

Croft?             Francis         Safri            Huckerby

Holt          Earnshaw

There is another thread on this - and right midfield and centre backs are generally v poor - good servants maybe,  consistent performers yes,  but compared to the rest of the options are limited.

Green

Helveg   Jackson      Malky   Drury

Bentley    Francis     Parker        Hux

Ashton   Bellamy

Subs

Marshall,  Eddie, Doc, Safi  Holt, Crouch, Svennson  

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

Zipper...they are not.... Needergaard, Kenton, Edworthy..... there all plenty good enough

[/quote]

None of them are right midfield though?  Kenton at centre back maybe - but overall I dont think he was as good for us as the ones I have chosen.

Steeno I admit I have overlooked and would make my bench ahead of eddie - good shout;  as my enduring memory of eddie remains worthys loyalty to him during the prem season when he was so patently out of his depth and the turnaround of results in the prem not as many recall when ashton signed but when good solid players (but only at champs level) like holt and eddie were finally dropped and replaced by those who could and did prove with us that our squad did always have premier quality but spent too much time on the bench - such as helveg, bentley and safri 

TheokilitisLouis Jean   Walsh    Archibald-Henville  BoyleCarney         Jarrett     Robinson              de WaardThorne       Omar Koroma My team will take yours on any day.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

Zipper...they are not.... Needergaard, Kenton, Edworthy..... there all plenty good enough

[/quote]

None of them are right midfield though?  Kenton at centre back maybe - but overall I dont think he was as good for us as the ones I have chosen.

Steeno I admit I have overlooked and would make my bench ahead of eddie - good shout;  as my enduring memory of eddie remains worthys loyalty to him during the prem season when he was so patently out of his depth and the turnaround of results in the prem not as many recall when ashton signed but when good solid players (but only at champs level) like holt and eddie were finally dropped and replaced by those who could and did prove with us that our squad did always have premier quality but spent too much time on the bench - such as helveg, bentley and safri 

[/quote]

sorry i misread you......i missed out the midfiled and centre..so got right back :P

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Theokilitis

Louis Jean   Walsh    Archibald-Henville  Boyle

Carney         Jarrett     Robinson              de Waard

Thorne       Omar Koroma

My team will take yours on any day.
[/quote]

some of those players might be/are fairly good...Thorne was, just not for Norwich, same with Robinson and Carney  think, we never saw Koroma really, or AH, or Louis Jean..... Boyle wasn''t rubbish was he?

GreenoSteenoMalkyFlemDruryBentleyFrancisSafriHuxAshtonBellamyBench: Marshall, Helveg, Jonson, Crouch, Earnshaw, Gary Holt, McVeigh

[quote user="monkfish"]Lee Croft!!!!   Are you insane?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! He was (and still is by the looks of it) crap!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]TheokilitisLouis Jean   Walsh    Archibald-Henville  BoyleCarney         Jarrett     Robinson              de WaardThorne       Omar Koroma My team will take yours on any day.[/quote]

some of those players might be/are fairly good...Thorne was, just not for Norwich, same with Robinson and Carney  think, we never saw Koroma really, or AH, or Louis Jean..... Boyle wasn''t rubbish was he?

[/quote]Where have you been these last ten years?Thorne is a "fairly good player"? Maybe back in the 1990s, but without a doubt Norwich signed a past it has been incapable of playing at Championship level. Robinson and Carney were for me, very very poor. Robinson was, in my view, a worse player than Andy Hughes due to his inability to do anything with the ball except pass backwards. Carney simply did not have the mentality to play Championship football. Just because he does okay for Australia against a bunch of part time, unfit national teams from the Oceania region does not mean he is "fairly good". Koroma and Archibald Henville were so bad even Roeder had to admit it. And I remember Boyle being enthusiastic but absolutely terrifying in a tight spot. I can remember two goals I thought he should have done much, much better for.

[quote user="Escape2Victory"]Green

Kenton Fleming Mackay Drury

Bentley Francis Parker Huckerby

Bellamy Ashton[/quote]Kenton?! Over Edworthy and Helveg? Time for your medication, sir!

My best team on paper would be

Green

Helveg Mackay Dublin Drury

Bentley Parker Etuhu Huckerby

Ashton Bellamy

But my best team in terms of games for Norwich would have to be :

Green

Spillane Mackay Shackell Drury

McVeigh Gary Holt Huckerby

Roberts Earnshaw Dublin

[quote user="Fellas"]GreenoSteenoMalkyFlemDruryBentleyFrancisSafriHuxAshtonBellamyBench: Marshall, Helveg, Jonson, Crouch, Earnshaw, Gary Holt, McVeigh[/quote]Would never have Safri in the side. Personally I think Etuhu was better than Safri, and Gary Holt in his day better than both. Rest of the team though is probably exactly like mine. My subs bench would be very different though:Bench: Warner, Helveg, Etuhu, Crouch, Earnie, Dublin, Roberts

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="Escape2Victory"]Green

Kenton Fleming Mackay Drury

Bentley Francis Parker Huckerby

Bellamy Ashton[/quote]Kenton?! Over Edworthy and Helveg? Time for your medication, sir![/quote]

My recollection of Helveg was that he was way past it and not the same player that he was at Inter or Milan. Pretty sure Edworthy was favoured for long periods of the premier league season.

Was a close call between Kenton and Edworthy, but remember Kenton being immense in the play-off final year before sealing a move to the premiership. Surpised he didn''t go on to have more of a career.