Sign in to follow this  
North-East-Canary

B&B's near the ground

1st of all happy christmas to you all hope you''s all had a good one.

Need some help im looking for a good b&b near the ground looking to get down there for home game, maybe Hartlepool game and looking to stay in the city for a couple of nights.

Anyone point me in right direction im looking to be near ground also for the night looking for good few pubs and clubs maybe somewhere to eat as well.

Thanks and all best for 2010.

You can stay round mine. Am right next to the ground, a mere 22 miles away. If you don''t mind looking after the kids ( in a house full of the most unbelievable crap ever ! ) you can stay for free. I can then go to the footy and get plastered ( I''ll text you during the course of the Hartlepool game to let you know how the games goin'' ) [:)] 

[quote user="North-East-canarie"]

1st of all happy christmas to you all hope you''s all had a good one.

Need some help im looking for a good b&b near the ground looking to get down there for home game, maybe Hartlepool game and looking to stay in the city for a couple of nights.

Anyone point me in right direction im looking to be near ground also for the night looking for good few pubs and clubs maybe somewhere to eat as well.

Thanks and all best for 2010.

[/quote]There is the Tudor House Hotel, in Lower Clarence Road, and the Lansdowne Hotel, in Thorpe Road, which is a bit more up-market. Both easily walking distance to the ground. There are also quite a few B&Bs along Riverside Road, near the railway station.

There''s always the Holiday Inn...or the Nelson on the river, that''s nice.  But a bit pricey, I guess.  The previous poster makes a good point about the Thorpe Road hotels, the Lansdowne has just been refurbished too so that''s got to be a good bet.  Plus it is opposite the Coach and Horses.  Mmm. CHB.

Oh and theres a new small place opened up on Thorpe road, about 100 yards from Busseys garage, don''t know the name, sorry.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bed+and+breakfast+near+carrow+road+norwichThere is loads of little ones near the train station. No idea how good they are though..

A lot of them are in the red light area (now Stracey Road) so be careful, they may look at you strangely if you say you want a room for more than an hour.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]A lot of them are in the red light area (now Stracey Road) so be careful, they may look at you strangely if you say you want a room for more than an hour.[/quote]Stracey road?*writes that down*

Hey all, thanks for all the info im just working through them now to see which are going to be best ones, as long as there clean and close to ground that will do for me like.

Just need to keep eye out for when tickets go on sale.

If dont see you''s on all the best for 2010 in sure it will be a good year for all involved with Norwich City Football Club.

New Travelodge just opened in Prince of Wales road / Rose lane. 5 minutes to the ground, 30 seconds to clubs, bars and restaurants. Should get a good rate if you book early enough.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]A lot of them are in the red light area (now Stracey Road) so be careful, they may look at you strangely if you say you want a room for more than an hour.[/quote]Stracey road?*writes that down*[/quote]

You''re definitely not the Morty I knew if you have to pay to get your leg over.A tad on the ugly side are you, Morts?

www.edp24.co.uk/directory

this will have everything you need.   Stracey Hotel is on there and thats just off thorpe road, bt it depends what area of the city you wanty to be in.... you can search the directory on the front page of this website as well as 12 others... its tat orange box that says "find me a" about 1/4 of the way down on the right....

enter Bed & Breakfast rather than B & B into the search for better results.... if you do book anywhere PLEASE mention that you found it on the directory... i''ll be your friend forever if you do...

Good luck!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]A lot of them are in the red light area (now Stracey Road) so be careful, they may look at you strangely if you say you want a room for more than an hour.[/quote]Stracey road?*writes that down*[/quote]

You''re definitely not the Morty I knew if you have to pay to get your leg over.A tad on the ugly side are you, Morts?[/quote]I think we have established that you don''t know me.No, I''m not ugly, I just like to murder prostitutes.[/quote]Well, that''s sorted out the second verse to the "We Shoot Burglars" song.[/quote]Lol!![:D]

Hey thanks again all for the info you''s have give me. I know to keep away from stracey road hotels sounds like ill get offer something by the girls of night or see morty killing one of them so think ill keep we away from there ;)

Looks like im going for the new one down Duke street premier inn think it is rooms look good and its close to everything I need so thank you all.

All I need now is 2 tickets and a Norwich win which im sure we will get.

Thanks