Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Drury is back

I thought he had a fantastic game today, looked back to his title winning season''s best. In the last few games he has had glimpses that he was coming back to his best, but this game assured me that he really is.

Thought that he was great going forward aswell as defensively. The way he intercepted the play and made some really good tackles on their right winger, aswell as providing us an extra option in attack running down the wing, in which he has had the most criticism in recent years. In the form he is playing now, he could definitely get a few clubs sniffing after him. In my own opinion, his form is worthy of playing for a Championship side, and maybe one of the bigger clubs in that division. In my opinion, he was Man of the Match, closely followed by Hoolahan and Holt.

Drury is a prime example of what Lambert can get out of players.

Just a quick mention about Russell Martin. It was my first game I have seen him play since I haven''t been to a game for a few weeks, and I thought he did a fantastic job filling in a centre back, often making up for Nelsons mistakes. Looks like he will be a handy player to have.

Anyway, a Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thanks Snakepit Happy Christmas to you too.

Drury was outstanding again today. He didn''t miss a tackle. Distribution good and overlapping link up was top drawer. I think a fit Juke Box means a real crack at getting out of this division, (and he makes Lapwing look good). He is easily good enough for Championship level... at his time of life he might be tempted....funny how no one else has mentioned him as a possible January exit...

Adam Drury is a League 1 full back, we are a league 1 side.. he got found out far too often in the prem and championship but has been excellent this season! found his level at last and im pleased he is doing well.

dury was a quality left back when we won the championship. no one can say the player has no quality. it is going to take time for him to get back to the standard he was after such a bad injury . i think he will stay here he is part of the furniture at carrow road.

how can you say he is only a league one full back.....

he was fantastic in the champoinship and one of the reasons hucks was so good.

[quote user="yarmy"]how can you say he is only a league one full back..... he was fantastic in the champoinship and one of the reasons hucks was so good.[/quote]

and yet most of the goals we conceded were from his side... funny that.

watch how many times he ended up standing on the penalty spot.. he''s a left back....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="yarmy"]how can you say he is only a league one full back..... he was fantastic in the champoinship and one of the reasons hucks was so good.[/quote]

[/quote]Which has nothing to do with Huckerby''s inability to track back, often leaving Drury isolated?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Which has nothing to do with Huckerby''s inability to track back, often leaving Drury isolated?
[/quote]

no... because Darren Kenton never seemed to struggle when Eadie didnt track back...

also, the games hucks didnt play in due to injury etc didnt see Drury make better work of it at a higher level...

Like i said, Excellent at this level however and rarely beaten.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

I thought he had a fantastic game today, looked back to his title winning season''s best. In the last few games he has had glimpses that he was coming back to his best, but this game assured me that he really is.

Thought that he was great going forward aswell as defensively. The way he intercepted the play and made some really good tackles on their right winger, aswell as providing us an extra option in attack running down the wing, in which he has had the most criticism in recent years. In the form he is playing now, he could definitely get a few clubs sniffing after him. In my own opinion, his form is worthy of playing for a Championship side, and maybe one of the bigger clubs in that division. In my opinion, he was Man of the Match, closely followed by Hoolahan and Holt.

Drury is a prime example of what Lambert can get out of players.

Just a quick mention about Russell Martin. It was my first game I have seen him play since I haven''t been to a game for a few weeks, and I thought he did a fantastic job filling in a centre back, often making up for Nelsons mistakes. Looks like he will be a handy player to have.

Anyway, a Merry Christmas to everyone.

[/quote]

I wish he would grow his hair a bit, I almost accused him of taking a shot at goal and missing, It was Wes putting the ball through for Holts 20th of the season  so sorry for this minor mistake, yes Drury is looking good again, and can''t see him or any of our first team going anywhere next month  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Adam Drury is a League 1 full back, we are a league 1 side.. he got found out far too often in the prem and championship but has been excellent this season! found his level at last and im pleased he is doing well.[/quote]Agree, probably the best left back in Legaue 1, but a poor Championship player

I think it''s a case of he should be good enough in this league, and he is. It applies to a good few of our team Russell, the Doc, Hoolahan. They all look good in this league and so they bloody should. Except for a very small handful of teams, this league is made up of utter dross.We saw yesterday a team who but for a couple of chances they had in a shaky start for our makeshift back four create very little. We were too strong up front and too solid at the back. Second half as so often these team run out of puff and players like Drury, the Doc and Russell are still fit as fiddles. There training and fitness levels for the last 10 years alone should be enough to give them more than an edge over most players in this league.Adam played very we yesterday, and so he should.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I think it''s a case of he should be good enough in this league, and he is. It applies to a good few of our team Russell, the Doc, Hoolahan. They all look good in this league and so they bloody should. Except for a very small handful of teams, this league is made up of utter dross.

We saw yesterday a team who but for a couple of chances they had in a shaky start for our makeshift back four create very little. We were too strong up front and too solid at the back. Second half as so often these team run out of puff and players like Drury, the Doc and Russell are still fit as fiddles. There training and fitness levels for the last 10 years alone should be enough to give them more than an edge over most players in this league.

Adam played very we yesterday, and so he should.
[/quote]

Yeah, we have got a few players who are better than this league and some others who could potentially be better.

The Doc, Drury, Rusty and Hoolahan have all shown themselves to be good players at Championship level. And when we get promoted I expect the manager will stick by them.

Then you''d fancy Grant Holt would do a good job at that level as well. Askou would probably be worth a go, same with Lappin. And a ocuple of the younger lads might make it.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I think it''s a case of he should be good enough in this league, and he is. It applies to a good few of our team Russell, the Doc, Hoolahan. They all look good in this league and so they bloody should. Except for a very small handful of teams, this league is made up of utter dross.We saw yesterday a team who but for a couple of chances they had in a shaky start for our makeshift back four create very little. We were too strong up front and too solid at the back. Second half as so often these team run out of puff and players like Drury, the Doc and Russell are still fit as fiddles. There training and fitness levels for the last 10 years alone should be enough to give them more than an edge over most players in this league.Adam played very we yesterday, and so he should.[/quote]

Yeah, we have got a few players who are better than this league and some others who could potentially be better.

The Doc, Drury, Rusty and Hoolahan have all shown themselves to be good players at Championship level. And when we get promoted I expect the manager will stick by them.

Then you''d fancy Grant Holt would do a good job at that level as well. Askou would probably be worth a go, same with Lappin. And a ocuple of the younger lads might make it.

[/quote]Not Lappin for me. Utter dross at Championship level

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I think it''s a case of he should be good enough in this league, and he is. It applies to a good few of our team Russell, the Doc, Hoolahan. They all look good in this league and so they bloody should. Except for a very small handful of teams, this league is made up of utter dross.We saw yesterday a team who but for a couple of chances they had in a shaky start for our makeshift back four create very little. We were too strong up front and too solid at the back. Second half as so often these team run out of puff and players like Drury, the Doc and Russell are still fit as fiddles. There training and fitness levels for the last 10 years alone should be enough to give them more than an edge over most players in this league.Adam played very we yesterday, and so he should.[/quote]

[/quote]Not Lappin for me. Utter dross at Championship level [/quote]

Christ alive, you don''t half talk a crock of sh*t!It''s Lambert that is the difference and a colossal one at that.Under the previous three managers all of the players that are still here were turned to sh*te.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Not Lappin for me. Utter dross at Championship level [/quote]

Christ alive, you don''t half talk a crock of sh*t!It''s Lambert that is the difference and a colossal one at that.Under the previous three managers all of the players that are still here were turned to sh*te.[/quote]How old are you son. I''ve watched a lot of football in my time and judging by my post count compared to yours I''ve talked a lot less $hite. The guy is just and I mean just about at his level. Perhaps Lambert could make Dean Coney a great player. He''s a good manager not the messiah.