Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

###### NELSON!!!

Was excellent today, credit where credits due, apart from a couple of errors early on he was solid, won his headers and actually got some distance on them, strong in the tackle and no nonsense. This guy is never gonna be a Championship player and if we go into a playoff final with him at CB were gonna lose, but is an adequate backup for most games and did tremendous today.I slated him last time for his shambolic performance v Huddersfield and the error that led to Southampton''s equaliser. But today he was very good indeed, done all that was required of him and along with Martin should be applauded for there collective effort, especially in keeping a clean sheet.

Agree.

We need to keep Nelson to partership Askou when Doc''s form drops (or to keep Doc on his toes.)

He can head the ball, hoof it, and tackle. He can''t pass the ball and is one of the slowest CB''s I''ve ever seen.

A great game yesterday and is clearly aware of his limitations. Fully committed and did''nt let the side down. Agree, a great squad player.

Nelson did have a good game today, he played very well but is clearly a limited player. To suggest he is anywhere near the standard of the Doc is quite ridiculous. I for one will certainly feeling far more comfortable with him back in the defence - preferable along side Askou ASAP! Nelson however has proven that he is a decent and reasonable replacement should it come to that.