Sign in to follow this  
Peeky-NCFC

Mistake By Otsemerbor.....

Typical Jon Otsemerbor... Goes and sets up a great goal then messes up ... Thank God its still 1-0 Atm

So Lets see how many times we have too hear this line for the rest of the game ..

Iv been counting until now and i have 4 atm .

He had a few nervous and sloppy moments in the first half but then he hasn''t played much recently and his second half performance was much better.

I''m not a huge fan of the guy but I feel a bit sorry for him because people are always eager to point out mistakes and get on his case.

i think it needs to be mentioned that he

was involved in both the goals today with a lovely pulled back cross

for the first and then a good tackle and run and change of direction to

spread the ball over to the left. was interesting after Holt scored

that half the team celebrated with Otsem and Lambert was giving him

praise from the side linesalso noticed that a lot of the time when

Otsem gave the ball away he didn''t have many options available and when

he was getting moaned at esp first half for passing the ball backwards

he had no one else to pass to so surely its better to keep possession

rather than just hoofing it forward like nelson?he is no where near as bad as some make out and just needs some confidence installed in him by both Lambert and us the fans

Yeah, I really wish people wouldn''t get on his case because he''s blatantly a confidence player. I think, as has been discussed countless times, he has all the attributes to be a quality right back. Thing is, he often seems to look lost and unaware of his surroundings which isn''t good when you''re a defender. But, he''s got blistering pace and can put a cross in. Like Matt said, he needs confidence from Lambert and us fans, but I think we may be seeing Semmy leave in January. Could he be one of these "fringe" players that the board are thinkin of selling??

We all know what we''re goign to get from Otsemobor which is why hes not in the 1st 11 barring injuries or suspensions!

That said another clean sheet today so can''t complain and yet again a largely powder puff attack from one of the Divisions better teams!

This may not go down well but I would say that the first half was the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen a player have. Everything he did went wrong with the exception of the cross. The low point was when he easily outpaced a Millwall attacker, then instead of passing to Forster or punting it in to touch he fell over and let the Millwall lad have it. Improved in the ssecond but it would be impossible to be worse.

[quote user="king canary"]This may not go down well but I would say that the first half was the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen a player have. Everything he did went wrong with the exception of the cross. The low point was when he easily outpaced a Millwall attacker, then instead of passing to Forster or punting it in to touch he fell over and let the Millwall lad have it. Improved in the ssecond but it would be impossible to be worse.
[/quote]

he did get a nudge by the millwall player when he fell over but he was fairly weak.. i really tried not to groan when he messed up cos it doesn`t help  but it just comes out as a natural reaction.. to be fair he lost the ball once when hoolahan more or less set him up to fail with a short pass  [:D]

[quote user="king canary"]This may not go down well but I would say that the first half was the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen a player have. Everything he did went wrong with the exception of the cross. The low point was when he easily outpaced a Millwall attacker, then instead of passing to Forster or punting it in to touch he fell over and let the Millwall lad have it. Improved in the ssecond but it would be impossible to be worse.[/quote]You obviously weren''t at the first game of the season, or many others. Semmy wasn''t perfect in the first half but he wasn''t bad. His cross for the goal was well delivered and he got himself up beyond the half way, something else people always complain about.It seem that poor old Jon is prejudged in every game now, if he does something good it is overlooked for a pass he may have misplaced or when he wasn''t in the perfect position or a taller player beats him to a header. He certainly ins''t the worst player I have seen play for Norwich, or even our worst player this season, but with the amount of abuse he gets in every game I can see why he is occasionally nervous and probably just wants to leave us all behind and I can''t blame him.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="king canary"]This may not go down well but I would say that the first half was the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen a player have. Everything he did went wrong with the exception of the cross. The low point was when he easily outpaced a Millwall attacker, then instead of passing to Forster or punting it in to touch he fell over and let the Millwall lad have it. Improved in the ssecond but it would be impossible to be worse.[/quote]You obviously weren''t at the first game of the season, or many others. Semmy wasn''t perfect in the first half but he wasn''t bad. His cross for the goal was well delivered and he got himself up beyond the half way, something else people always complain about.It seem that poor old Jon is prejudged in every game now, if he does something good it is overlooked for a pass he may have misplaced or when he wasn''t in the perfect position or a taller player beats him to a header. He certainly ins''t the worst player I have seen play for Norwich, or even our worst player this season, but with the amount of abuse he gets in every game I can see why he is occasionally nervous and probably just wants to leave us all behind and I can''t blame him.[/quote]I was there yes, and that was an awful team performance. We obviously see things differently but to see he wasn''t bad in the first half seems bizzare. I could count at least 3 major mistakes which could have cost us badly, along with usual poor positioning. Its not a case of being in the perfect position, it is the fact he ALWAYS has at least 10 yards to make up on his winger. He stands out as being the poorest player on the pitch in the 3rd division. I didnt barack him during the game but every time he got the ball he looked like he was going to do something stupid.

Totally agree King Canary...but it is worth remembering that he is now our 4th choice right back for very good reasons, and least of all is it anything to do with confidence, imo

If you ignore everything everything in the past and look at the game yesterday in isolation then try looking at in this way...

Otsemobor was returning to the team after not playing for a few weeks so as with any other player you''d surely expect them to be a little bit rusty. You''d allow him that as you would anyone else.

His first half performance was mixed, it''d be fair to say. It wasn''t all bad, he had some good moments but he did obviously get very nervous and make quite a few obvious mistakes.

Second half was a lot better. And I hope everyone noticed just how much he was blocking and clearing away. He was in the right place at the right time quite a lot. Although he obviously won''t get much praise for his good positioning because it''s clearly not as enjoyable as slating him for when he gets things wrong.

I''m not convinced he''ll be here next season if we sign Russell Martin and have Spillane for backup but I think if he was as bad as people like to think then the manager wouldn''t put him anywhere near the team. And I''m sure if he does leave he won''t be short of offers from other clubs (despite that he is the worst footballer ever etc etc etc)

I thought he did okay, including a good pass that lead to a goal.I think he the ability but suffers from occasional lack of concentration and probably lack of confidence.Yesterdays game will have done him no harm.

Semmy is the mistake... Joke of a signing and as soon as Spillane is Fit and we have signed Russ Martin then its time to move Jono on.

There are three things I would like to say about Otsemobor.1) Aerially he is much improved, and defends well now with his head when I recall him being dodgy when we first signed him.  Defending is a bit like goalkeeping, people notice mistakes much more than the standard day to day stuff defenders do, and more often than not yesterday he was okay.2) Some players look naturally lazy - a problem I think Chris Martin also has, but it''s worse with Semi because he just doesn''t seem to give a monkey''s.  That is a real problem with me because I would run my knackered old heart out for the yellow and green, and I think fans forgive a lack of ability more than a lack of effort.3) I stil think his biggest problem is he switches off far too often, lets his attacker get away from him, and then has to rely on his pace to make up the difference.  As he gets older he will lose his speed and become more and more of a liability so for the above reasons I hope he is leaving in January.

You really would have thought that after 2 years our fans would know how to spell and pronounce the name of one of our first team players. My personal favourite is either Jon Ostemyer or Jon Ostemabor.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Semmy is the mistake... Joke of a signing and as soon as Spillane is Fit and we have signed Russ Martin then its time to move Jono on.

[/quote]Then only Curo and Theoklitos to go and i wont have anything to complain about!Board out [:@]! Its all a conspiracy to stop us moaning ....

I have had enough of this consistent bashing, when I believe we still haven''t been told the whole story

Last year on radio norfolk darrell russell was talking prior to an end of season game( when he was suspended) he mentioned that otsemobor had a heart condition that meant after a long run his recovery was longer than others

this came from darrell russells mouth, was never mentioned by the journo''s and if this is true then it is understandable that he doesn''t always bomb forward or cover well

maybe something the archant boys could enquire with

[quote user="smooth"]I have had enough of this consistent bashing, when I believe we still haven''t been told the whole story

Last year on radio norfolk darrell russell was talking prior to an end of season game( when he was suspended) he mentioned that otsemobor had a heart condition that meant after a long run his recovery was longer than others

this came from darrell russells mouth, was never mentioned by the journo''s and if this is true then it is understandable that he doesn''t always bomb forward or cover well

maybe something the archant boys could enquire with[/quote]If this is so, then, no matter how sympathetic you might feel, he really shouldn''t be playing professional football.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="smooth"]I have had enough of this consistent bashing, when I believe we still haven''t been told the whole story Last year on radio norfolk darrell russell was talking prior to an end of season game( when he was suspended) he mentioned that otsemobor had a heart condition that meant after a long run his recovery was longer than others this came from darrell russells mouth, was never mentioned by the journo''s and if this is true then it is understandable that he doesn''t always bomb forward or cover well maybe something the archant boys could enquire with[/quote]

If this is so, then, no matter how sympathetic you might feel, he really shouldn''t be playing professional football.

[/quote]

I agree totally, if he''s got a heart condition he really shouldn''t be overdoing things at all.

But would that make him lose concentration?

[quote user="Ruckle"]Typical Jon Otsemerbor... Goes and sets up a great goal then messes up ... Thank God its still 1-0 Atm

So Lets see how many times we have too hear this line for the rest of the game ..

Iv been counting until now and i have 4 atm .[/quote]Cant spell Semmy''s name right, obviously wasnt at the game. Your opinion is worthless.If you were actually at the game you would have seen that, apart from a couple of glaring errors Semmy played well, got forward, was excellent for the first goal and for the most part snuffed out any danger from Millwalls right.Why dont you actually attend a match, watch a player''s contribution over the 90 mins and then give us your objective opinion on his performance? That id listen to.

[quote user="smooth"]I have had enough of this consistent bashing, when I believe we still haven''t been told the whole story

maybe something the archant boys could enquire with[/quote]thats very interesting Smooth wasnt aware of that at all. If it is the case then it might explain why Semmy plays with such hesitation and appears to play within himself and with shackles on.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Ruckle"]Typical Jon Otsemerbor... Goes and sets up a great goal then messes up ... Thank God its still 1-0 Atm

Iv been counting until now and i have 4 atm .[/quote]If you were actually at the game you would have seen that, apart from a couple of glaring errors Semmy played well, got forward, was excellent for the first goal and for the most part snuffed out any danger from Millwalls right.[/quote]Interestingly, a lot of people at the game thought Otsemobor was fairly poor throughout the game apart from a couple of good moments - kind of your opinion in reverse.  Also, I think you meant Millwall''s left?Certainly from where I was sitting it looked like Russell Martin was sometimes playing centre back and right back.