Sign in to follow this  
Ayrton Twigge

11 days to go until the window opens.

My question isn''t who will we buy but when will we buy.

We''ve had a good three months to be looking at options. We knew when the last windo closed we were short on quality and we had some money. Lets hope that we move quickly and capitalise on new players sooner rather than later.

I hope we don''t see the silly scramble we saw back in August.

I agree...let''s buy someone when the window first opens, not wait until the last hour...there are still some games in January where we could get some of our money''s worth...

[quote]If I were you I wouldn''t pin all your hopes on the window. You could be severly disappointed[/quote]

True DDIM, I hope everyone is expecting to get what they have asked for from Santa.  I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed supporters by the time the window closes.

Having said that, I will be very disappointed if we spend "1.2m" on a player who doesn''t add the necessary quality to our squad.

I''d rather stick with what we have, bank the cash and come back stronger or add to it in the Fizzy league.

Swap Doherty with Jagielka from Sheff utd and a little cash 250k

Dean Ashton from Crewe for 1.5m

Let Helveg go to Odenese on a free or a 100k and get someone half decent in on loan.... Petit etc...

Every team needs a good spine

Left Testy - if you seriously believe that Ashton will go for as little as 1.5m, I think you must have been at the cooking sherry!  With all the hype around him at the moment, and with the reported interest in him, I will be very surprised if he goes for any less than 2.5m, maybe more.....and he''s not worth that much!

[quote]Left Testy - if you seriously believe that Ashton will go for as little as 1.5m, I think you must have been at the cooking sherry! With all the hype around him at the moment, and with the reported in...[/quote]

Temp is right.  With Premiership clubs like Spurs, Birmingham and even Liverpool rumoured to have had a look at him, I can''t see him going for anything less than £2.5-3M.

Also, Jagielka for the Doc + 250K??  I wish!!

I''m still waiting for the results of mondays "top secret" meeting with Chris Sutton !Or will Santa show me his sack first

Templeton what people want and what people get are two different things 1.5m is a fair price he wont go for more than 2m..its worth a try

The reason people band high price''s around and say there interested in certain players is to keep the prices up so teams like Norwich are priced out of the market when in fact they have no intention of paying that kind of money.

[quote]I''m still waiting for the results of mondays "top secret" meeting with Chris Sutton !Or will Santa show me his sack first[/quote]

Me too, I was expecting a press conference unveiling Sutton as a Jan signing by now.  I wonder why it hasn''t happened yet????