Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Walsall v Norwich - game is called off

How did it take this bloody long for Walsall to notify everyone of this!?Absurd! Such a damn cruel blow on the travelling contingent as well.

I would suggest, as people are saying on Radio Norfolk (both sets of fans) it was frozen all night and if not thawed out by 10am it was highly unlikely to get any better frankly.  Shameful.

[quote user="RonDavies"]Why in heaven''s name didn''t the idiot inspect the pitch this morning instead of making the City supporters travel all that way. My son say that the ref has been greeted by a barrage of abuse.[/quote]too bloody right, travelling 3 hours +, paying for fuel, and finding the game is off. When its rearranged its going to cost fans even more. Its a disgrace.

the ref is a twat first and foremost! its his decision to call the game off and Radio Snorefolk said he arrived at the ground at a little after 10 this morning... If thats the intelligence level of a professional referee today then no wonder the games become a farce....

The F A should send the club some money with which to refund the fans.

the FA should make a rule that unless theres a deluge of Rain or snow after the agreed time then a decision must be made by Midday or the game is on...

I feel really sorry for the travelling fans, and know how it feels to travel a long distance only for the game to be called off.  The fans will be peed off I just hope that their anger is directed in the right direction.

The ref makes the final decision, and going by what was said some of the pitch was rock solid, too dangerous to play on.

It''s the right decision for safety reasons, but the decision should have been taken much, much earlier to let the travelling fans turn around and come back home before getting too far.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]A total bloody farce, someone''s head should roll for this![:@][/quote]

Lambert out!!!!!

[/quote]

Yeah... like it really inconvenienced you didn''t it?  [N]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]A total bloody farce, someone''s head should roll for this![:@][/quote]

Lambert out!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

You and me both Cluckie. Port and cheese at the moment, is it?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Lambert out!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

If thats a pop at me Cluck sod you, my thoughts are for the fans who travelled.

Back home from Walsall already as I only live in Stourbridge but am just amazed at the incompetence of this decision. Stourbridge is only 12 or so miles from the Bescot and my lawn hasn''t thawed out all day. I went to the game blindly assuming they must have undersoil heating as otherwise it was clearly never going to be played.

My seven year old and I were annoyed at the whole thing but that''s nothing compared to those who have come up from Norfolk to be met by a decision that could easily have been made early this morning - the forecast was very clear and even if the frost had eased enough to get the game underway at 3pm it would have returned again by early in the second half as the sun went down.

Shocking.

Only positive is that we can get one or two players fit and ready for Saturday (especially as Walsall didn''t play and we did) but that''s a minor issue for those who have travelled so far, including the players and staff.

Surprised they called this off. Last season we had a midweek game vs them and the night before there was a lot of snow on top of icy conditions and they did everything to get that game to go ahead.

It was like an ice rink outside the ground, snow all around the pitch, which resulted in snowball fights for celebrations for our 4 goals and between clayton ince and our fans. Was a quality game and a great laugh.

So, yeah, im surprised they didn''t go ahead with this, i imagine it wouldn''t have been anywhere near as bad as it was last season..

We were just walking down from the car park when we heard it was off. Thankfully we only had an hours drive back to Rugby. I did note however that the car park admission stewards had disappeared by the time the car parks were emptying....Hopefully they''ll spend our £3 on more braziers for the replay! Disappointing but the right decision, just a shame it was so late. Having been in Sunderland the day we had that game cancelled, I do feel for those who have travelled from Norfolk