Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

My Walsall Day Out...I bacl Lambo's decision

What a day its been....left at 10am got there in good time for a Mcd''s....Ok, i am annoyed that it was a wasted journey but i have to take my hat of to Lambert for being streetwise.The Walsall chief exec has just been on talksport saying he wanted it off......Why did he want it off?? Because Hughes and Russell were injured. For me Lambert has been clever. It was a game we could have easily have dropped some points. We will go back there, hopefully with a fully fit squad now.Yes i am annoyed but i fully back his decision. Last year under less experienced managers, we would have lost today. Well done Lambert!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Ok, i am annoyed that it was a wasted journey but i have to take my hat of to Lambert for being streetwise.

The Walsall chief exec has just been on talksport saying he wanted it off......

[/quote]

Well he would, wouldn''t he . . . [;)]

From the interviews on Radio Norfolk at 2-2.30pm, the referee sounded as though he had half a mind to call it off when he arrived at the ground at about 11.30 but Walsall persuaded him that it was worth hanging on and it would be playable by 3pm.  I daresay Lambert wasn''t as upset as he might have been, but there''s nothing to suggest that he had a hand in calling it off.  The team didn''t arrive at the ground until about 1.30-1.45 and Drury said they had no idea that the game was in question until they got there.

yep.....its about getting out of the league. Tough when you''ve travelled. But then supporters are often abused by clubs in many ways but this wasn''t the worst deceit by a long way. I salute you for getting there today - was really looking forward to the possibility of 3 points myself but with Charlton only drawing today it has put me in a better mood

Yep! completely gutted at the wasted journey and had no inclination that the game was in jeopardy until it got to 2.05pm and the turnstiles hadn''t opened. The gathering yellows were generally good humoured and orderly when the news leaked out. Its interesting that the club announced over the external tannoy that the game had been called off "...due to circumstances beyond their control". Weasel words or were they just hiding their disatisfaction with the decision. The professional response would have been to have said that the pitch was unplayable due to frost, supporting the referee'' decision. Will they be reporting Lambert to the FA...and the referee? Were they chancing their arm to get a bumper pay day, regardless of the condition of the pitch. Walsall are going nowhere this season...we are hopefully heading back to the Championship and losing players with needless injuries is against our interests.

It was the referees decision. If he wanted the game to be called off but the referee saw that the pitch was fine it would be played.