Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

Just got back

Thank god i aint from Norwich, there was a lot of anger and a group of two hundred of us were let into the stadium and saw the ''frozen pitch''.

WE spoke to the stweards on the pitch (who wont get paid for today) they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off.

WE we''re all calling him to come over to tell us his opinions but just stayed chatting to Joe ferrari.

He went down alot in our estimations today.

A JOKE

Who went down in your estimations? Lambert? I sympathise with all the fans that have had to travel today but I''m sure everyone would be singing a different tune if Holt tore his ACL on a frozen patch.

I do really sympathise with all our fans that travelled but to blame it on Lambert is A JOKE. The referee made that decision, not the managers.

Quite obvioulsy to me and most sane people the match should have been called off much earlier this morning.

I live locally to Walsall and travelled their on the local train but had been checking the news all morning because i thought the chances of it being on were slim.

For the ref to say they tried hard and left it late because so many had travelled from Norwich is a joke because he should have made that decision much earlier and then many people would have turned around and gone home again before driving the 200 odd miles to Walsall!!!

I just got back as well and to be  fair to the guys at walsall they did everything to get the game on even to the point of some old guys pushing wheel barrows  full of wood to put in the braziers that was on the pitch even walsall lost out financially as well, it would have been a big pay day with over  2,000 city fans there with gate  receipts  and  food  and  drinks, I guess the only people that did well was the people at the  saddlers  club house  which was  full of city fans, I really  do feel for all the city fans that made financial sacrifices to get to the game whether it be by coach train car bus travelling many miles all to no avail maybe  NCFC can compensate them is some way  for their commitment to the team and  the clubAny ideas ????

Spot on whoareyou. They surely would have been able to tell earlier on in the day if it was likely they would be ready. They should have been able to say by 11 whether they thought they could defrost it in time. If there was a chance they couldn''t they should have said so then. If they were going to keep trying then they should have tried to put into effect a delay on the kick off. But it''s alright for the fans to lose all their money on travel as opposed to the football club paying extra wages,

Of course, I don''t know all of the logistics that go into policing etc but if they can delay big matches because of $hite transport connections, surely you can delay a smaller match where the chance of trouble is slim to none?

Do you know if you get your money back for the match ticket Col?

I can''t really see what Norwich can do as it was out of their hands. It would be a good gesture but I can''t see them doing it. I say the ref should compensate all the Norwich fans. Hahahahahahaha.

I gather  that the tickets will be good for when the game is played  but for those that are unable to make it  an announcment was  made over the loudspeaker that refunds  will be made to city fans  but they will need to contact  NCFC asap

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Thank god i aint from Norwich, there was a lot of anger and a group of two hundred of us were let into the stadium and saw the ''frozen pitch''. WE spoke to the stweards on the pitch (who wont get paid for today) they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off. WE we''re all calling him to come over to tell us his opinions but just stayed chatting to Joe ferrari. He went down alot in our estimations today. A JOKE[/quote]

Radio Norfolk said that PL did attempt to make his way to the fans but was stopped by the stewards.

The comment made by the original poster ( criticising Paul Lambert ) is silly. However, I had to smile at the Lambert quote in the Chris Lakey article:

“But it is the weather - you can''t legislate for the weather. Maybe there should be some sort of way to stop people travelling a long distance to come and watch a game that is not going to be played.”

That''s a great thought Paul. Any concrete suggestions?

[quote user="Pompey_88"]they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off. WE we''re all calling him to come over to tell us his opinions but just stayed chatting to Joe ferrari. He went down alot in our estimations today. A JOKE[/quote]

I can completely understand your frustration, and huge respect to you and all the travelling fans, but I think you have to see it from Lambert''s point of view. We''re coming off a tough game on Saturday against a team who neutralised us at Carrow Road ( and had Saturday off) with three players who most of us would see as first choice (Rusty, Askou and Smith) unfit. Would you really want to play on a substandard surface in those circumstances? Lambert''s job is to win games and get us up, and being popular comes second to that every time.

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Thank god i aint from Norwich, there was a lot of anger and a group of two hundred of us were let into the stadium and saw the ''frozen pitch''.

WE spoke to the stweards on the pitch (who wont get paid for today) they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off.

WE we''re all calling him to come over to tell us his opinions but just stayed chatting to Joe ferrari.

A JOKE[/quote]PfffftId love to see you post that after Hoolihan or Holt took a nice season spoiling injuryI think the only JOKE in here is your audacity at blaming Lambert.I mean what a crazy guy, not wanting to risk injury''s on a dangerous pitch.Oh dear you traveled down there and had to travel back without a football match, im oddly very unsympathetic after your childish outburst.If you feel so strongly about it Id contact Walsall or Norwich and kindly explain the dilema and ask if they would kindly pay your expenses !If you want to blame Lambert moan quietly out of shot of these boards because frankly your a sex with an F -  Kin disgrace !!!!!

from the  official  NCFC website

After the game was postponed Norwich City confirmed refund

details for the Canary fans who had made the long and disappointing

trip to Walsall.

Any supporters who purchased a ticket for the match are

entitled to a refund. Please retain your ticket stubs and contact the

Norwich City Ticket Office. In addition City have confirmed all

supporters who travelled on official Club Canary coaches are entitled

to a full refund of their fare for this game from NCFC - again contact

the ticket office for further information.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Pompey_88"]Thank god i aint from Norwich, there was a lot of anger and a group of two hundred of us were let into the stadium and saw the ''frozen pitch''. WE spoke to the stweards on the pitch (who wont get paid for today) they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off. WE we''re all calling him to come over to tell us his opinions but just stayed chatting to Joe ferrari. He went down alot in our estimations today. A JOKE[/quote]

Pfffft
Id love to see you post that after Hoolihan or Holt took a nice season spoiling injury
I think the only JOKE in here is your audacity at blaming Lambert.
I mean what a crazy guy, not wanting to risk injury''s on a dangerous pitch.

Oh dear you traveled down there and had to travel back without a football match, im oddly very unsympathetic after your childish outburst.

If you feel so strongly about it Id contact Walsall or Norwich and kindly explain the dilema and ask if they would kindly pay your expenses !
If you want to blame Lambert moan quietly out of shot of these boards because frankly your a sex with an F -  Kin disgrace !!!!!
[/quote]

I know this is a bit of spilt milk and all that, but I think the FA should have awarded us the win and took all three points, Walsall were aware that the pitch was un playable yesterday, it was up to them to ensure the pitch was fit for this match and to leave it till 2-15 to call it off was a disgrace and to learn that the ref thought of calling it off at    11-30 but didn''t,our team and fans would not have felt so bad

[quote user="pete_norw"]

I know this is a bit of spilt milk and all that, but I think the FA should have awarded us the win and took all three points, Walsall were aware that the pitch was un playable yesterday, it was up to them to ensure the pitch was fit for this match and to leave it till 2-15 to call it off was a disgrace and to learn that the ref thought of calling it off at    11-30 but didn''t,our team and fans would not have felt so bad

[/quote]No you are 100% right, i just dont like fickle fans blaming Lambert or saying how he has lost respect.I got no time for people who play Football Manager thus think they know all about the inner workings of being a manager or if a pitch is playable or not.

I think Lambert would have been happy with the postponment bearing in mind his injuries at present. I think he may have been very frustrated for the travelling fans and how they were dealt with and kept in the dark until just after 2pm today. The referee made the wrong call by leaving it so late ,although its now time for FA/Football league to look at how they postpone matches and at what times they should call off games. They have to start looking at the distance fans have to travel and how early they should be calling games off in association with the distance travelled by fans from the away teams travelling fans.It wasn''t good to see that the stewards were the bad news carriers today, even though they didn''t get paid for todays time they gave up got the abuse! Where was the referee who could have passed on this news....after all he wasn''t doing much else by that stage!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

The comment made by the original poster ( criticising Paul Lambert ) is silly. However, I had to smile at the Lambert quote in the Chris Lakey article:

“But it is the weather - you can''t legislate for the weather. Maybe there should be some sort of way to stop people travelling a long distance to come and watch a game that is not going to be played.”

[/quote]

How about a "transporter" like they have in Star Trek? You would not have to leave your living room until a minute to three and nip back for a cuppa at half time and a wee in the comfort of your own home.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

How about a "transporter" like they have in Star Trek? You would not have to leave your living room until a minute to three and nip back for a cuppa at half time and a wee in the comfort of your own home.

[/quote]

This curent bunch of referees would still muck it up!

[quote user="Cedric"]Thank god i aint from Norwich, there was a lot of anger and a group of two hundred of us were let into the stadium and saw the ''frozen pitch''.

A JOKE[/quote]

Ridiculous accusation!

The ref has the final call, no one else!

If anyone was to blame its Wallsall for not having the game postponed at a sensible time!

Though I''m sure that Lambert is relieved that none of the 1st team got a long term injury that could of seriously dented the promotion bid!

[quote user="Cedric"]WE spoke to the stweards on the pitch (who wont get paid for today) they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off.JOKE[/quote]

As the Walsall manager said:

''The pitch was in better condition today than it was against Leyton Orient in our last home game. It''s extremely disappointing; there was only a very small area of the pitch that gave the referee concern, the rest of it was perfectly playable.

''A lot of people have put an awful lot of hard work and effort in throughout the last few days and I would like to thank them most sincerely. At the end of the day it is the referee''s decision and we have to go along with it.''

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Cedric"]Thank god i aint from Norwich, there was a lot of anger and a group of two hundred of us were let into the stadium and saw the ''frozen pitch''. WE spoke to the stweards on the pitch (who wont get paid for today) they said that Paul Lamber was very unhappy with the pitch and pressured the ref into calling the game off. WE we''re all calling him to come over to tell us his opinions but just stayed chatting to Joe ferrari. He went down alot in our estimations today. A JOKE[/quote] Ridiculous accusation! The ref has the final call, no one else! If anyone was to blame its Wallsall for not having the game postponed at a sensible time! Though I''m sure that Lambert is relieved that none of the 1st team got a long term injury that could of seriously dented the promotion bid![/quote]

I think the Walsall CE is blaming Lambert to hide his incompetence at not arranging an earlier inspection.

Look at this logically guys, according to our website the referee made his FIRST INSPECTION at around 2pm!!. This quite clearly indicates assuming true that Walsall FC have quite deliberately miss led the referee into thinking the pitch was playable on the basis they would play us on a dodgey pitch , if there is any doubt the referee or a local referee is called to the game early, a day when we had a number of injuries and they were fresh after not playing on Saturday. Paul Lambert has gone up in my estimations as he was not worried about anything other than our club and actually put pressure on the referee to call the game off, something that quite clearly should have been done by the referee or Walsall at 9:30am so nobody would have travelled.

We stayed overnight and beleive me the temprature was minus all morning and the local forecast was for no improvement. Our frustration needs to be taken out on the FA and Walsall FC who were clearly, assuming we have been told the truth, trying to gain an advantage by playing a game in unfit conditions. Well done Paul Lambert for ensuring Walsall were not allowed to get away with it, and shame on you Walsall and the FA for treating nearly 3000 travelling supporters like dogs for your own financial gain.

The Wolves game, just up the road from Walsall is currently on T.V.

The pitch is fine, as you would expect for a bigger club, but it is a nasty, nasty night with freezing fog that the Sky commentators just said was not fully shown up on the screen due to their advanced technology..

One consolation for the travelling fans is that returning from the Midlands from about 5-6pm onwards could well have been a lot more hazardous than their enforced early departure.  

I went today from cambridgeshire and i can safely say that it is an utter disgrace that they made this decision at five past 2, i was absolutely gutted. I think blaming Paul Lambert is a very harsh thing to say. The man if he did try to stop the game was thinking only in the best interests of Norwich city football club and the players, surely he should be praised for his dedication and commitment. At the end of the day the ref has the final say in all matters. The pitch to me when i walked in looked reasonably playable, a Few iffy bits but i have seen far far worse. Give full credit to the stewards who today i thought were incredibly helpful and considerate and did their best to consolidate us travelling fans. Risks are taken in this league but this is all part and parcel of the game, so quit moaning and lets continue getting behind the lads!   OTBC!

Lambert out! [:@]But seriously, sorry you had a wasted day.  I appreciate it is frustrating.  If it is any consolation, I spent most of today in Chapelfield Mall, Castle Mall and London Street and that was also rubbish.