Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Am I the only person glad the game was off?

Had to work today so couldn''t go. Not only was i missing the game but sat at work receiving texts about stops on route for cooked breakfasts and then texts from the pub having a few pints and pies. Funny how those texts stopped just after 2pm. Can''t wait for the rearranged fixture. Good midweek trip and hopefully no work.

Well I wonder if you would be glad the game was off if you had travelled 3 hours each way and forked out loads on petrol like some had to do to find out when you got there that really you had travelled for no reason

I think everyone would agree that given our injury situation and Walsall being fresh after a weekend off means that a postponement is a good thing, the problem lies entirely in the manner of it all.

Take Luton 3 years ago, who cares that it was postponed? No big deal, + the rearranged fixture was brilliant! Burnley a few years ago however, doubt anyone was pleased about that!

[quote user="jbghost"]Had to work today so couldn''t go. Not only was i missing the game but sat at work receiving texts about stops on route for cooked breakfasts and then texts from the pub having a few pints and pies. Funny how those texts stopped just after 2pm. Can''t wait for the rearranged fixture. Good midweek trip and hopefully no work.[/quote]

aaahh poor you! i bet you wouldnt be happy if you went like many of us. i wont be able to go to the rearanged fixture if its midweek but will hope that it goes ahead.

Someone else who wasn''t too happy about the game being called off (EDP).

''Chloe Miller, from Dereham, set off at 9am to avoid delays on the roads.

“I can''t believe that Walsall were using oil drums to try and get the pitch thawed out,” she said. “There must be other things they can do to deal with the frost?

“The stewards we''ve spoken to reckon the pitch was a lot worse for the last game they had here against Orient but they still managed to get it on. They talk about the safety of the players but these referees also have to take into consideration the fans. We spend a lot of money following our team away from home and I don''t feel they''ve done enough to get this game on. We''ll probably get the ticket money refunded but what about the cost of petrol driving all the way over here?” ''

Front runner in the ''Stupidest quote of the year in the EDP award''