Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty one of the free bet season. I‘m a day early because Friday is Christmas Day so your naps need to be in by Christmas Eve if they are to be considerered for the final selections.

As a Christmas treat for us all it’s a real free bet legend in charge this week with our good friend and three times winner Fellas making the final selections. Now Fellas has been with us since the start on the free bet and is up amongst the leading pickers every season. This year he has napped every week and his record of 15/20 is as consistent as ever. But of course Leon’s real claim to fame is his unprecedented three wins when making the final selections. I have to tell you Leon is a top bloke too, a good and honest young man who has helped me with my PUPs records so many times and has always been great company at our PUPs meets. (Sorry you can’t make it on 29th Leon but I know you will be with us again when you can.) 

However Fellas will still need all our help if he is to be successful for a fourth time. So it’s up to all us PUPs to give him our very best nap to help our beloved club. Don’t forget to keep a watch on the weather when selecting. Some of the lower leagues were virtually wiped out last weekend. It’s that time of year now I’m afraid but most of the top leagues all through Europe do usually manage to get their fixtures played.

Now don’t forget the  PUPs Christmas Get Together next Tuesday. As I told you last week Billy and Angie will be there as will Ray’s family. Bring family and friends if you like, the more the merrier, you will all be so welcome.

I have finalised the rota for January and am pleased to say that we have managed to fit in some new faces who have been looking forward to the challenge of making the final selections. Here’s hoping that some of you end up “three times winners” just like Fellas has.

January 2nd  - Hissing Sid
January 9th  - The Great Drinkell
January 16th - Norwich
January 23rd - Shack Attack
January 30th - City-Til-I-Die

Next week I will again open the thread a day early to give you PUPs plenty of time to select a nap for our great friend Hissing Sid to consider.

All that remains for me to do is to wish each and every one of you wonderful team of PUPs a very Merry Christmas and I hope to see as many as possible on the 29th where we will be sure to raise a glass to those of you who can’t make it[B]

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Fellas now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Leon... the free bet is yours............[:)]...........

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -
Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Were all hoping for a white christmas and well, ive found just the fixture. Its all White (although on the day the away team will not be in white[;)])

It is in the premier league so has a higher chance of being played [;)]

So my all white Christmas ''nap'' is going to be

FULHAM vs  TOTTENHAM draw!!

[;)]

good luck Fellas [;)]

My nap this week is going to be Man City to beat Stoke, I just cannot see Mancini not starting with a win. It might be closer than it should be but I expect all the Man City players will want to put on a good show for the new boss.

Good Luck Fellas and all pickers I hope everyone has a really good Christmas.

This is a difficult week with not many countries playing.

However I''m going to go for West Brom to bring come Christmas cheer to their home fans against Peterborough.

The Baggies are currently W6 D2 L3 F23 A11 at home.

Peterborough are yet to win away and are D4 L7 F8 A19.

Good luck Fellas!

Davo

I really wanted to select Liverpool but I fear they are so bad at the moment Wolves might nick a point...whereas Hull City have no chance against MANCHESTER UNITED.

I''m on a terrible run, which is pretty depressing, especially after the Juventus result last week!Anyway, good luck Fellas, December has been a pretty rotten month so far, so lets hope you turn it around!I''m going for:West Brom to beat PeterboroughSurely a home banker?!Good luck Fellas and all the PUPs....And a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!

Hmmm, Christmas cheer seems to be causing an impairment as Im struggling for inspiration this week. Am reluctant to go the mighty Rochdale again, as 3 picks in a row seems far too risky. Also, gonna avoid picking one of the big 4 premier teams - far too boring. Instead, Im gonna plump for -      MK Dons Vs Stockport      - Home Win      Good luck to all PUPS and a very Merry Christmas to you all

As Christmas is approaching and the festive colours are Green and Red there''s only one fixture that stands out this week

Sheffield Wednesday (Who haven''t scored in over 600 minutes)  v Newcastle United (away win)[8-|]

These are probably not the colours that these teams will be wearing but hey

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all

And good luck to Fellas

Like most PUPs I''m struggling with the reduced number of fixtures available and the great British weather!!  However, I''ll take a chance on:

NOTTS COUNTY -v- Grimsby    HOME WIN

Good Luck and Merry Christmas to all PUPs and hope to see some of you next week - I can highly recommend Mum''s sausage rolls and mince pies  [:D][D][<:o)][:D] 

Good luck Fellas and a Merry Christmas to all pickers.

Good evening Nutty and please count me in for 29th.

My pick is Celtic to beat Hamilton at home.If it goes Pete Tong as far as the weather is concerned Club Brugge to beat Cercle Brugge and as a third choice Rotherham to turn over Darlington at home.

Haven''t tried the Championship for a while so here goes

CARDIFF   v    Plymouth      -       HOME WIN

Good Luck Fellas and all you lovely PUPs [:D][Y] and I wish you all a HAPPY  CHRISTMAS.

Looking forward to seeing some of you  next Tuesday[<:o)][B][D]

Joining Doris with CARDIFF to beat Plymouth. Good luck everyone, especially Fellas. And a very Happy Christmas to all PUPs, looking forward very much to meeting up with you next Tuesday.

Hattrick for Cardiff - Home win over Plymouth for me.

I too, like NCFCstar am on a truly terrible run - I''m sure Nutty will know, but I think I''m 1-5 for the last 6 weeks. Just as I was pushing for the top ten as well. Here''s hoping for a better run starting Boxing Day!

Good luck all!

Nutty I''m going to go for a Monday game please mate.

Chelsea v Fulham.....Home win.

I know it''s a bit cheeky but I''m not a fan of boxing day football as it can throw up some strange results and I can''t see any I fancy. If it''s going to cause a problem then let me know and I''ll switch to plan B.[;)]

Good luck to fellas and all this weeks pickers.[Y]

And lastly I''d like to wish everybody a very happy christmas.[:D]

Guess the obvious one would be WBA to beat Peterborough but Posh won last week and I''ll be willing them to win another to drag Ipswich into trouble so have decided to avoid them. Plymouth to be beaten by Cardiff is another likely contender but then again Plymouth have to win a game some time, oh these championship games can be so unpredictable! [:)]

So I''m going to go for Leeds to beat Hartlepool.

Good Luck everyone and weather permitting see some of you next Tuesday.[:)]

Inchy - It doesn''t cause a problem as far as our PUPs league is concerned. I will treat it like any other weekend where we include Monday games. It may cause a problem if Leon were to pick it for the final selections because there''s another full programme on Monday and as yet there are no odds available for that. Althought that could change later in the week. But if there are no prices until after the Boxing Day games then there will be no "best price" for Billy to give us on the Monday games.