Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Road trip to Wallsall!

..just home and then i read this,

"Its'' very disappointing for the Norwich fans that travelled, but because they had travelled we left it as late as we could and made it two o''clock. But the top and bottom of it is that the players'' safety is paramount.”

Cheers Referee (incompetant baboon), so instead of calling the game off at 11.00 like any referee living on planet earth, you wait till 2.00 to call the game off, apparantly for our good!

How is it our good? If the pitch was unplayable at 2.00, it was certainly unplayable at 11.00. How can it be justifed in hoping that the pitch will be ready, letting fans who would have only just set out, embark on a 250 odd mile round trip, wasting a fortune in fuel to watch a game that was never likely to be on...and how can Wallsall FC, not inform travelling fans that there was any doubt as to the game being postponed. I checked all morning, but nothing...

With the ground so obviously unable to cope with frost, how did the referee expect the 2nd half to be played, with temperatures forecasted to drop to freezing by dusk..any sort of brain, when adding a feezing pitch at 11 AM, to more freezing conditions could have came up with the right decision...unless he was hoping the heaters could be left on the pitch during the game!!

So, cheers ref for my road trip to wallsall which was 100% avoidable, back to work tomorrow..bank holiday, well and truly wasted!

Spot on...its winter ffs, braziers or whatever they dragged out were never going to keep it playable even if they had thawed out the top couple of inches of the ground. What annoys me is that this game was never touted as in doubt. I made a particular effort to check this out before leaving from hertfordshire at 10.30am. Walsall and FA incompetence...end of!

According to the referee, he got to the ground at 11.30!. why then ffs did he not have a look straight away!. Not only that, but that stadium was built in 1990!, surely they could have chucked in undersoil heating!. The whole day was a shambles. Glad i stayed at home!

[quote user="lordyfan"]According to the referee, he got to the ground at 11.30!. why then ffs did he not have a look straight away!. Not only that, but that stadium was built in 1990!, surely they could have chucked in undersoil heating!. The whole day was a shambles. Glad i stayed at home!
[/quote]

According to Walsall''s Chief Exec the Ref declared the pitch playable at 11:30am pitch inspection.

If it was playable at 11:30am then it was playable at 3pm.

If the rumours are true that Lambert influenced the Ref then NCFC should offer suitable compensation to all fans and not just those who travelled by coach.  They should then hold the Football League accountable for the Ref reversing the decision he made at 11:30am (which was a later than usual pitch inspection as it was).

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lordyfan"]According to the referee, he got to the ground at 11.30!. why then ffs did he not have a look straight away!. Not only that, but that stadium was built in 1990!, surely they could have chucked in undersoil heating!. The whole day was a shambles. Glad i stayed at home![/quote]

According to Walsall''s Chief Exec the Ref declared the pitch playable at 11:30am pitch inspection.

If the rumours are true that Lambert influenced the Ref then NCFC should offer suitable compensation to all fans and not just those who travelled by coach.  They should then hold the Football League accountable for the Ref reversing the decision he made at 11:30am (which was a later than usual pitch inspection as it was).

[/quote]You got my £100 yet Smudge? [;)]

Just got back.

Cross Solent ferry fare, hotel room, petrol and food. This fiasco has cost me about £150.

I am not a happy bunny.

I''ll happily accept a refund of costs.

[quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

Just got back.

Cross Solent ferry fare, hotel room, petrol and food. This fiasco has cost me about £150.

I am not a happy bunny.

I''ll happily accept a refund of costs.

[/quote]You must be the poor bloke I heard about who travelled all the way from the Isle of Wight then ?My commiserations.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lordyfan"]According to the referee, he got to the ground at 11.30!. why then ffs did he not have a look straight away!. Not only that, but that stadium was built in 1990!, surely they could have chucked in undersoil heating!. The whole day was a shambles. Glad i stayed at home!
[/quote]

[/quote]

You got my £100 yet Smudge? [;)]
[/quote]

Sorry Larry, like Norwich City I am broke... [:''(]

But I will offer you a few pints and a bag of pork scratchings if you would like to meet up?  Alternatively maybe I could buy you a ticket for an away game, although I am sure that you would not want to sit next to me for 90 mins???