Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Walsall v Norwich City player ratings

Forster - 6 - did well, not much to doMartin - 6 - coped much better than Semi would haveDoc - 3 - how did everyone miss that blatant penalty he gave away?Nelson - 6 - today suited his style of playDrury - 7 - continues to impressLappin - 5 - would have liked to get forward moreHughes - 5 - thought this would have been made for him todaySmith - 6 - Was it me or did he look a bit tired?Hoolahan - 10 - amazing.  I literally came twice while watching him warm upHolt - 9 - all action, never stoppedMartin - 4 - lazy and useless, get rid

I''m not sure what game you were watching Chops but there''s no way that Doc is a 3. Man of the match and worth a 9 in my book. It wasn''t a penalty either!

Lots of love and kind regards

Gary Doherty

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Forster - 6 - did well, not much to do
Martin - 6 - coped much better than Semi would have
Doc - 3 - how did everyone miss that blatant penalty he gave away?
Nelson - 6 - today suited his style of play
Drury - 7 - continues to impress
Lappin - 5 - would have liked to get forward more
Hughes - 5 - thought this would have been made for him today
Smith - 6 - Was it me or did he look a bit tired?
Hoolahan - 10 - amazing.  I literally came twice while watching him warm up
Holt - 9 - all action, never stopped
Martin - 4 - lazy and useless, get rid

[/quote]

Most of those i agree with except 3 for  Forster.Now he is moving to Arsenal he didn''t look like he was that bothered!

I don''t see how you can give Doc a 3 when he''s just scored a hatrick along with a 45 yard winner?Deluded man...

[quote user="Brendan"]I don''t see how you can give Doc a 3 when he''s just scored a hatrick along with a 45 yard winner?

Deluded man...
[/quote]

Yeah,that''s all well and good.But he gave away at least one free-kick[:@] Doc out!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Forster - 6 - did well, not much to doMartin - 6 - coped much better than Semi would haveDoc - 3 - how did everyone miss that blatant penalty he gave away?Nelson - 6 - today suited his style of playDrury - 7 - continues to impressLappin - 5 - would have liked to get forward moreHughes - 5 - thought this would have been made for him todaySmith - 6 - Was it me or did he look a bit tired?Hoolahan - 10 - amazing.  I literally came twice while watching him warm upHolt - 9 - all action, never stoppedMartin - 4 - lazy and useless, get rid[/quote]That''s it - lets all knock poor old Lappin again. A 5? Do you need glasses Mr C? I bet you weren''t even there! Their defence got nowhere near any of his corner kicks and if he''d been able to get in just one of his opportunistic shots - it would have been a certain goal I''m sure. Funny how we all see a different game. Bet you any money Lambert selects him again on Saturday.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Actually it was probably an improvement on the game at Carrow Road.[/quote]You''re right.Yesterday''s game must have been better as it seemed to be over before it had begun........that''s usually a sign that a game''s not too bad.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Forster - 6 - did well, not much to doMartin - 6 - coped much better than Semi would haveDoc - 3 - how did everyone miss that blatant penalty he gave away?Nelson - 6 - today suited his style of playDrury - 7 - continues to impressLappin - 5 - would have liked to get forward moreHughes - 5 - thought this would have been made for him todaySmith - 6 - Was it me or did he look a bit tired?Hoolahan - 10 - amazing.  I literally came twice while watching him warm upHolt - 9 - all action, never stoppedMartin - 4 - lazy and useless, get rid[/quote]

Were you really at the same match as me ?

It was the 1st game I''ve been able to see live and in person this season, so I know what I''m talking about when I say that it was a clever move by Lambert to bring Theoklitis in for the 2nd half to see what he''s got left.  Mind you, we almost blew the game, but in the end came away satisfied.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Forster - 6 - did well, not much to do
Martin - 6 - coped much better than Semi would have
Doc - 3 - how did everyone miss that blatant penalty he gave away?
Nelson - 6 - today suited his style of play
Drury - 7 - continues to impress
Lappin - 5 - would have liked to get forward more
Hughes - 5 - thought this would have been made for him today
Smith - 6 - Was it me or did he look a bit tired?
Hoolahan - 10 - amazing.  I literally came twice while watching him warm up
Holt - 9 - all action, never stopped
Martin - 4 - lazy and useless, get rid

[/quote]

That''s it - lets all knock poor old Lappin again. A 5? Do you need glasses Mr C? I bet you weren''t even there! Their defence got nowhere near any of his corner kicks and if he''d been able to get in just one of his opportunistic shots - it would have been a certain goal I''m sure. Funny how we all see a different game. Bet you any money Lambert selects him again on Saturday.
[/quote]

I think that''s a bit harsh on Lappin. That brazier was definitely late with a challenge, so that''s what slowed Simon up! That brassiere was not much better, although it made a t*t of a pair of our supposedly outstanding forwards! 

I thought we did superbly well to keep a clean sheet on such an icy pitch and against a fresh Walsall team. Top marks go to Lambert for his team selection and influencing of the referee in order to avoid defeat against overwhelming odds. .

Look, we need to stop beating about the bush over this game.

Our defence didnt turn up at all and the only reason we didn''t lose it was that their attack was equally absent.

Hughes was so lightweight he might as well have not been on the pitch anyway!

I thought  that  the walsall defence  froze a few  times with the  attacking force of  the  canary  mean machine

Just a thought also was it  me  or did anyone  notice  the lack of walsall fans  around  the  bescot stadium did they know something that we  didnt ?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Hoolahan was rubbish. No end product, just kept trying to beat their defenders 16 times each. A luxury player. Get rid.[/quote]

Agreed