Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Happy top of the league at Portman Road Anniversary!

I had actually as well for days been thinking about putting this post on as well but anyway happy anniversary everyone and the memories of 1 year today and particularly after 5 to 2 will hopefully still remain in our memories for years to come.

nice one DD

Was wondering when it was coming up (knew it was soon)

Now if only we would have kept malky..............

[quote]How sad dd,any old cr@p just to boost ya posts[/quote]

shut up!

beside everyone does it

Not being able to be there I had to rely on Uncles Roy and Neil to describe the action.  When I had finally realised that we''d scored the opener the kitchen walls had to put up with enough screams and cheers to last a lifetime.   You can imagine then what the cat had to endure when the final whistle went!!!  It would be somewhat of an irony if ''they'' go top tonight, on the same date, at the same venue.  Still it won''t ever be the same if they start to sing ''the'' song.  Come on you Wigan!

[quote]Sunday 21st December. A date which shall live long in my heart. Happy Anniversary fellow posters[/quote]

Must admit I had a little chuckle to myself this morning when I went out to my car and saw mt TOTL sticker.

of course wigan are gonna win, its TOTLAPR DAY! not only that, but it is also the shortest day of the year, and the binners are going to wish come 9.30 tonight that it was even shorter!

OTBC

BFJ''s up to it again on SSN with all the ''we''re the best team outside the Premiership'' stuff and the usual ''I''ve not seen anyone else to match us'' drivel.  Now you''d think he''d have last season''s experience of things biting him on the bum to make him just a little bit more wary this time around, wouldn''t you?  Nope!  Just hope Wigan help with the initial ''sinking in of teeth to the posterior''! 

What a day that was! Best Crimbo present ever. I managed to watch it on a live TV feed in a room full of Norwich fans and one Ipsh*t fan.  Oh what fun we had!

What a great day! I was driving back from staying with friends in Middlesex that lunch time and purposely avoided listening to five live so I could watch the Soccer Sunday programme I was recording at home! Got to my sister''s in Brentwood at 2pm to drop off some pressies, to be greeted with the words "Do you want to know the score?" Guessed it had to be good news by the huge grin on her face!

Had a similar smile on my face all the way up the A12! Got to the huge roundabout where the A12 meets the A14, to get stopped from going round by 2 police motor cyclists. Not happy as all I want to do is get home and watch the game, when around the roundabout comes the Norwich City team bus. By now, I''m not only grinning like an idiot, but cheering as well as it comes past!

Will enjoy this anniversary if Wigan make sure they stay at the top of the league this evening! Maybe Matt Jackson would like to score the winning goal!

Ahh, what a memory. I can still remember the look on the Ipswich fan''s faces like it was yesterday. They we''re just staring at us in disbelief whilst we unleashed chant after chant of "top of the league, at Portman Road".

The problem with the fizzy league is that this year the three teams coming out of the Premiership are all struggling financially and aren''t in the running for the title as they normally would be. And the three best teams from last year were promoted so who''s left in that league that is any good?

It''s the weakest the division has probably ever been and if they do come up then they will have an almighty struggle to stay up. Of course it''s a good thing for us if they do get promoted because that will be a guaranteed six points for next season.