Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

slagging Lambert off on national t.v.

Sorry, try again : No one is immune to criticism and history shows that deifying individuals to the extent that nothing they do is questioned is both unwise and irresponsible. However, having a "tentative poke" (Boycott this morning on test match commentary - went on to say "has no shots in his locker, he''s just a blocker") at Lambert on a nationwide media programme blaming him for match being called off is, I''m afraid, moronic.

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]

Couldn''t agree more Pablo. What makes it worse is that those doing the criticising are representatives of official supporters groups. FFS! Four years of misery and when we finally get something close to a feel good factor these lunatics go out of their way to slate the one man who has done most to transform our club!

[/quote]

As the old saying goes What ever turns you on, what would these pilocks say if the match had been played and we had serious injuries to Holt Hoolahan Lappin Martin all out for the rest of the season, No  hopes of going up ???????????????????? Put brains into gear, Before setting gobs in motion

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="FatboySlimfast"]

Couldn''t agree more Pablo. What makes it worse is that those doing the criticising are representatives of official supporters groups. FFS! Four years of misery and when we finally get something close to a feel good factor these lunatics go out of their way to slate the one man who has done most to transform our club!

[/quote]

As the old saying goes What ever turns you on, what would these pilocks say if the match had been played and we had serious injuries to Holt Hoolahan Lappin Martin all out for the rest of the season, No  hopes of going up ???????????????????? Put brains into gear, Before setting gobs in motion

[/quote]

Absolutely. I think anybody travelling anywhere within Britain to all kinds of events at this time of year, has to accept the fact that there is a reasonable chance that that event might be postponed or cancelled. If you can''t accept that fact, then stay at home children!

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="FatboySlimfast"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I agree, in fact the whole team could have been injured and Lambert Himself might have slipped on a pocket of icy ground and broken both his legs. I can see him now shouting instructions from a bath chair on the touchline during matches until the ennd of the season. Ah well, nothing like a bit of melodrama ! Surely, we don''t have to keep ratcheting up this matter. Whoever, phoned the programme was a moronic dipstick. End of ........... surely ?

My Brother in Laws uncle is the old manager of Walsall (Richard Money now manager of Luton) and he was told by some of his mates who still work there that the Norwich game only had a 10% chance of going ahead, and this was said on Christmas Eve, so they knew the game was unlikely to go ahead, I still made the trip up though, and I was also told by the Stewards that it was our manager who wanted the game called off!

You mean then oppo''s stewards said it was our mangers fault? Now their''s a surprise.

Also I wish Lambert had this influence over ref''s earlier on in the season when decisions always seemed to be going against us.

Well now, we wouldn''t be in this pickle if we weren''t slumming in the Third Division now would we?

So I reckon yesterday''s fiasco was down to SmithJonesGrantRoederGunn!

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Even though Mr Bump, that is just so wrong... i sympathise with those who made the arduous journey, but slagging Lambo off... come on, its ridiculous and embarrassing![/quote]

Yeah I know, its embaressing. Whatever next to embaress this club? Next our majority shareholder will stroll on the pitch at half time p;ssed...oh hang on?????

[quote user="Bexley"]

Does anyone have a link to the NCISA quotes? I can''t find them on the evening news pages.

Cheers

[/quote]Main story on the website:

Kathy Blake, secretary of NCISA (Norwich City Independent Supporters''

Association), who left Norwich at 6.30am to travel to the game, said it

was only the fourth time in more than 40 years of supporting the

Canaries she had journeyed to a match that was called off.She said: “The last time was against Blackpool in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago, and that was rained off.“We

are pretty fed-up, as we could not understand how the pitch could have

deteriorated so much since the first inspection in the morning. “We have heard that Paul Lambert was behind it being called off.”Andy

Leeder, from the Midland Canaries supporters'' group, also heard that

Paul Lambert had wanted the game called off, because of injuries to

Norwich players and the fact that Walsall did not play when Norwich

beat Millwall on the weekend.Mr Leeder said: “It only took us

19 minutes to get to Walsall from Cannock, so it''s a home game for us,

but I still feel it was shocking it was called off.“We had an

opportunity to go onto the pitch, and in our opinion it was not frozen,

as you could feel water underneath your feet. “It did not look

unplayable, and the Walsall fans said the pitch was worse for their

match against Leyton Orient which went ahead recently. “We

heard that Paul Lambert was influential in the game being called off,

because of injuries to our players and Walsall not playing when Norwich

did against Millwall.”Walsall''s chief executive Roy Whalley

also suggested pressure from Norwich boss Paul Lambert had helped get

the match called off.He said on his club''s official website:

“The referee first inspected the pitch at 11.30am and was satisfied

that it was playable. It was only after pressure from the Norwich

manager that he decided to have another look and eventually called the

game off.”On the Norwich City club website Lambert said the

referee “calls it the way he sees it” although he conceded the far away

corner was “hard as concrete”.But he said he shared the disappointment of the travelling supporters.He

said: “You''ve got nearly 2,000 people to watch you and coming in their

droves a long way, so you really feel for them, it''s disappointing for

the fans we bring.”Norwich chief executive David McNally

admitted the club''s huge travelling support was the biggest loser but

backed the referee''s decision after inspecting the pitch himself. He

said: “It is hugely disappointing. We''ve got nearly 2,000 Norwich fans

who have come a long way during the Christmas break, but, in my view,

having walked on the pitch, it is the right decision. “Either

side of the far goalmouth on both flanks the pitch was very hard and

not only would it make good football difficult to put on - but there

would a real risk of injuries for both teams. It''s a tricky, tricky

surface.”

I see that all all round footballing expert McNally''s opinion was that the pitch was a "tricky, tricky surface" so that''s good enough for me ! Seriously, it seems like the truth is that Lambert saw the opportunity to have the game called off and so create more time for our injured players to get better whilst at the same time avoid playing a much fresher Walsall side so who can really blame hime for that ?

Well we have turned the corner it would seem. PL can now get a game called off when it suits him. I look foward to the next match when he can stroll onto the pitch at his leisure and reverse any decison that doesn''t appease him. Perhaps too, he can repair a broken bone in seconds a la Harry Potter, and solve World Famine. Promotion is a doddle. What a relief.

[quote user="Panic Dem"]I see that all all round footballing expert McNally''s opinion was that the pitch was a "tricky, tricky surface" so that''s good enough for me ! Seriously, it seems like the truth is that Lambert saw the opportunity to have the game called off and so create more time for our injured players to get better whilst at the same time avoid playing a much fresher Walsall side so who can really blame hime for that ?[/quote]

The refereee called the game off, not Lambert. No doubt Lambert was quite happy with the outcome but to suggest he could get the game postponed when the pitch was perfectly playable is fantasy stuff I''m afraid.

Surely, what''s more to the point is how it appears Walsall mislead everyone, and caused thousands of fans to waste a Bank Holiday, in their failed attempt to get the game on for the same reasons that Lambert was happy it was off.

The blame game played on these boards against just about anyone connected with the club sometimes borders on the ridiculous. Why are folk so eager to believe everyone else but our own!

GP, The referee always asks for the managers'' opinions on the state of the pitch and if the ref is borderline and one of the managers expresses fears of injury to his players then, in today;s elf and safety society in whcih we live, the ref is going to be influenced s-, yes, it wouldn''t surprise me if Lambert did sway the ref on this occasion and who can blame him ?

But surely the biggest factor in all of this is Walsall''s disrergard for player safety and the travelling fans of both clubs in their eagerness to get the game played in unsafe conditions. Or is borderline a one-way street?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Panic Dem"]I see that all all round footballing expert McNally''s opinion was that the pitch was a "tricky, tricky surface" so that''s good enough for me ! Seriously, it seems like the truth is that Lambert saw the opportunity to have the game called off and so create more time for our injured players to get better whilst at the same time avoid playing a much fresher Walsall side so who can really blame hime for that ?[/quote]

The refereee called the game off, not Lambert. No doubt Lambert was quite happy with the outcome but to suggest he could get the game postponed when the pitch was perfectly playable is fantasy stuff I''m afraid.

Surely, what''s more to the point is how it appears Walsall mislead everyone, and caused thousands of fans to waste a Bank Holiday, in their failed attempt to get the game on for the same reasons that Lambert was happy it was off.

The blame game played on these boards against just about anyone connected with the club sometimes borders on the ridiculous. Why are folk so eager to believe everyone else but our own!

[/quote]

Sorry, I thought I expressed a very reasonable view on the matter based upon the info you posted. i''m not playing any blame game at all, I am merely saying that if Lambert seized the opportunity to say to the ref that it was his view that the game should be postponed through fear of injury to players then "who can blame him ?" - of course the final decision is the ref''s but any sensible ref always takes into accounbt the views of both managers.

I think the Walsall fc and stewardss have shown themselves to be amateurish at best by their stewards and chairman putting the blame at Lamberts feet.

After all it was the referees decision that was final not Lamberts regardless of what was said.

I for one am glad it was called off if we get the right result later,as we were suffering with injuries. (yes i travelled nearly a 5 hr round trip too)

The football league should learn from the shambles and NCISA should just button it, some would say thy just want to be in the news for any reason.

[quote user="Panic Dem"]Sorry, I thought I expressed a very reasonable view on the matter based upon the info you posted. i''m not playing any blame game at all, I am merely saying that if Lambert seized the opportunity to say to the ref that it was his view that the game should be postponed through fear of injury to players then "who can blame him ?" - of course the final decision is the ref''s but any sensible ref always takes into accounbt the views of both managers.[/quote]

Yes indeed my friend. But if the pitch wasn''t frozen the game would have been played regardless of what Lambert said. The game was called off because the pitch was unsafe and not because of Lambert. The point I am trying to make is that the problems which the postponement caused could have been avoided if Walsall had made a responsible decision earlier in the day.

Around 2,000 City fans had made the journey and Lambert told the Eastern Daily Press: "The ground staff have been great to be fair to them to try to defrost it. But it is the weather - you can''t legislate for the weather. Maybe there should be some sort of way to stop people travelling a long distance to come and watch a game that is not going to be played."

These words from Lambert surely tell you what you need to know about what the real chances were of the game going ahead before we al travelled.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Panic Dem"]Sorry, I thought I expressed a very reasonable view on the matter based upon the info you posted. i''m not playing any blame game at all, I am merely saying that if Lambert seized the opportunity to say to the ref that it was his view that the game should be postponed through fear of injury to players then "who can blame him ?" - of course the final decision is the ref''s but any sensible ref always takes into accounbt the views of both managers.[/quote]

Yes indeed my friend. But if the pitch wasn''t frozen the game would have been played regardless of what Lambert said. The game was called off because the pitch was unsafe and not because of Lambert. The point I am trying to make is that the problems which the postponement caused could have been avoided if Walsall had made a responsible decision earlier in the day.

Around 2,000 City fans had made the journey and Lambert told the Eastern Daily Press: "The ground staff have been great to be fair to them to try to defrost it. But it is the weather - you can''t legislate for the weather. Maybe there should be some sort of way to stop people travelling a long distance to come and watch a game that is not going to be played."

These words from Lambert surely tell you what you need to know about what the real chances were of the game going ahead before we al travelled.

[/quote]

It was obviously not a clearcut decision which is why the ref left it as late as he did and sensibly took into account the views of the managers of both sets of players. Of course it''s very unfortunate indeed that so many Norwich fans travelled only to discover that the match was called off, I was nearly one of them.

I think there will be a lot more matches called off this winter , We have been spoilt by nice mild winters for several years and This winter is shaping up to be a bit "old school" I am sure there are plenty of us who are old enough to remember the "Good old days"?  It will not matter if clubs have undersoil heating if the surrounding area is unsafe. People , -please accept that If Lambert aked the Ref. to have another look at the pitch then he was within his rights to to do it and he just might have saved one of our players from getting injured!! We need ALL of out players to stay fit if we are to get promoted . THAT is what Lambert realised and we should have the brains to see it as well!! 

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]It gets worse! Just checked the Evening news website and the report there doesn''t make good reading for Lambert. Kathy from NCISA seems fairly sure who is to blame! Bloody idiots the lot of them![/quote]

I suggest you read it again nice and slowly one word at a time and you might just grasp what was said.Did Kathy say Lambert was to blame........No she said we were told he had a input and that info came from Walsall FC staff..I was there when it was said.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]It gets worse! Just checked the Evening news website and the report there doesn''t make good reading for Lambert. Kathy from NCISA seems fairly sure who is to blame! Bloody idiots the lot of them![/quote]

What is wrong with these jerks? Lamberts the best manager we''ve had for years.

[/quote]

What exactly has been said by anyone from NCISA that is anti Lambert since his appointment? So far since the game was called off we have been jerks,bloody idiots and tossers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

What exactly has been said by anyone from NCISA that is anti Lambert since his appointment? So far since the game was called off we have been jerks,bloody idiots and tossers.

[/quote]

Well then, it''s all very well admitting it but you need to start behaving in a manner that is befitting to the position you hold. [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well then, it''s all very well admitting it but you need to start behaving in a manner that is befitting to the position you hold. [:D]

[/quote]

I have asked a question and quoted the outbursts that have made by those that can hide behind a screen.I obviously should have said "we have been CALLED jerks"etc.Yankee your humour passed me by in my irritation with the usual anti NCISA suspects.

I am going out to met the PUPs now but before I go I would like to make one thing clear. I am Paul Lambert''s biggest fan. I think he is the best thing to happen to Norwich City since Mike Walker.

Please stop trying to twist things to fit your preconceived ideas.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Calm down, Til, I''ve always thought you something of a tosser long before the game was called off.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Look at The Facebook Group "Paul lambert is God" Wizard and you will find 4 NCISA committee members on there plus 1 ex Committee member and someone who has expressed an interest in joining our Committee.

Never mind you carry on with your keyboard campaign.I expect you willbe able to twist it around to suit your warped view about how NCISA perceives Mr Lambert.

[/quote]

Look at The Facebook Group "Paul lambert is God" Wizard and you will find 4 NCISA committee members on there plus 1 ex Committee member and someone who has expressed an interest in joining our Committee.

Never mind you carry on with your keyboard campaign.I expect you willbe able to twist it around to suit your warped view about how NCISA perceives Mr Lambert.

[/quote]

Oh G G Gosh Tilson, Facebook eh?

Sort of sums NCISA up for me does that![:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And whats wrong with that........its a fair opinion!