Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

slagging Lambert off on national t.v.

shame on you who called the ''football league show'' and openly critisised Lambert on national television.  Has the guy done nothing but praise us and turn a potentially bad season into a really promising one.  The REFEREE is the one that ultimately makes the decision to call a game off.

Even though Mr Bump, that is just so wrong... i sympathise with those who made the arduous journey, but slagging Lambo off... come on, its ridiculous and embarrassing!

What a bunch of t*ats, embarrasing Norwich on national TV and making it look like all norwich fans are getting on Lamberts back for the game being called of

So thats where Smudger has been all this time.....but seriously , whatever moron called the BBC, go down the road and put on some blue and white cos your not wanted here anymore !

Apart from anything else they''re plumb wrong.  If anyone put the ref under pressure it was Walsall, he should have called it off mid-morning before Lambert and the team got anywhere near the ground.

Some steward at the Bescot told our fans that Lambert wanted the game off and it''s snowballed (pardon the pun) from there . . . idiots [:$]

I spoke to Mr McNally and he said it had nothing to do with Lambert. It looked to me like some of the 0 watt bulbs from the coaches were getting a bit excited about the idea that it wasn''t the ref''s decision. Besides, even if it had been down to Lambert, his job is to look after his players, not suck up to the supporters.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I spoke to Mr McNally and he said it had nothing to do with Lambert. It looked to me like some of the 0 watt bulbs from the coaches were getting a bit excited about the idea that it wasn''t the ref''s decision. Besides, even if it had been down to Lambert, his job is to look after his players, not suck up to the supporters.
[/quote]

If we are looking to blame people, than look no further than the groundsmen, and club they knew the pitch was unplayable on Boxing day they said then "If we get another frost then the Norwich match could be off", they knew we had players out and tried to pull strings, but why on earth in this day and age don''t clubs have some sort of ground heating,we have training domes, so why not the same sort of thing, like a huge canvas sheeting with heat blowers, I think Walsall should be deducted the points and give us the win, this match should and could have been called off on Sunday, and why blame Lambert, the Stewards told the fans he wanted to call it off, Well they would say that wouldn''t they, So why did they stop him going over to them ? Simple don''t you think . ITS THE REF WHO CALLED IT OFF   

If Lambert has this much power to call a game off, we''re promoted already!

Bet it was Mellisa who contacted the TV...........she has an axe to grind!

Unfortunately we aren''t looking at one culprate, we are looking at many.  The ''football league show'' said they were contacted by many fans :-(

But it looks as though it could be an easy way to embarrass a football team in the public spotlight... if 50 odd people collectively got together off this website and texted the football league show displaying a dislike towards a situation at a football club (Ipswich for instance) then they would surely broadcast the content of the messages.  It could all be an elaborate conspiracy???!!! -  Nah... probably not though... it was probably some jumped up City fans with there knickers in a twist :-(

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Look no further than a few of the regulars on here...

Do these people really think "Lambert got the match called off?"

Please tell me they don''t honestly, truly, think that one of the Managers can veto both the referee and opposing team Manager and get a game postponed on a whim?

The decision is the referees. If he had said the game was to be played, it would have been. If he had said that and Lambert had said "I''d rather it wasn''t", it still would have been. The decision and responsibility lies with the referee and it is his alone, yes, he takes the views of others into consideration, but the decision is still his.

No referee is going to be influenced by a Manager, and, if they are, then they shouldn''t be a referee, as they can clearly be swayed by the opinions of others, not a healthy situation in a match situation.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Look no further than a few of the regulars on here...

[/quote]

Was it a Mr B.Franklin??

I cannot even begin to believe that City''s own supporters are slagging the best manager we''ve had for years off on national TV!!! What planet are those people from? Of course it''s annoying to go all that way only for the game to be postponed but blame Walsall and the referee - they are the main culprits.

Well, they can''t slag off Doherty anymore, so I think we''ve found a new boo boy... one Paul Lambert. [;)]Also, purely from the perspective of the club, if Lambert a) wasn''t happy with the pitch, and b) didn''t want to risk any more of his depleted squad on a dodgy pitch then the fact the game was called off is a good thing. Yes, it''s a shame for those who went and wasted petrol money, but for goodness sake, these things happen sometimes.

Of COURSE, its Bob Franklin-wait for it, it would never have been called off if Gunny was in charge-indeed, under Gunn we only ever had sunshine and warmth, all this snow, frost and cold temperatures have come since Lambert took the helm!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Of COURSE, its Bob Franklin-wait for it, it would never have been called off if Gunny was in charge-indeed, under Gunn we only ever had sunshine and warmth, all this snow, frost and cold temperatures have come since Lambert took the helm![/quote]Priceless![Y]

It gets worse! Just checked the Evening news website and the report there doesn''t make good reading for Lambert. Kathy from NCISA seems fairly sure who is to blame! Bloody idiots the lot of them!

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]It gets worse! Just checked the Evening news website and the report there doesn''t make good reading for Lambert. Kathy from NCISA seems fairly sure who is to blame! Bloody idiots the lot of them![/quote]

What is wrong with these jerks? Lamberts the best manager we''ve had for years.

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]It gets worse! Just checked the Evening news website and the report there doesn''t make good reading for Lambert. Kathy from NCISA seems fairly sure who is to blame! Bloody idiots the lot of them![/quote]

[/quote]

Fifth columnists[;)]

I blame these poxy little clubs who can''t afford to bring their facilities up to 21st century standards. What''s the betting that Wycombe won''t be able to put the game on on Saturday due to an icy pitch??

Here''s the referee''s statement:http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED28%20Dec%202009%2014%3A56%3A31%3A717If Lambert and Hutchings "accepted the decision", it suggests there was no influence exerted by either manager.   This does suggest anyone who thinks Lambert got the game called off is wrong. 

[/quote]

Spot on, Wiz. Anybody criticising the great man has to be as thick as sh.it.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

I blame these poxy little clubs who can''t afford to bring their facilities up to 21st century standards. What''s the betting that Wycombe won''t be able to put the game on on Saturday due to an icy pitch??

[/quote]As Wycombe has undersoil heating I''ll gladly take your bet...

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Spot on, Wiz. Anybody criticising the great man has to be as thick as sh.it.

[/quote]

If the cap fits Pablo.[;)]

Seriously, when FAIR criticisim is due thats fine, but some fans have/are losing the plot. Read Mr C''s post.

Couldn''t agree more Pablo. What makes it worse is that those doing the criticising are representatives of official supporters groups. FFS! Four years of misery and when we finally get something close to a feel good factor these lunatics go out of their way to slate the one man who has done most to transform our club!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[/quote]

As Wycombe has undersoil heating I''ll gladly take your bet...[/quote]

Phew!! I''m glad to hear it. That''s a massive relief - provided we take all three points there, of course.

No one is immune to criticism and history shows that deifying individuals to the extent that nothing they do is questioned is both unwise and irresponsible. However, having a "tentative poke" (Boycott this morning on test match commentary - went on to say "has not shots in his locked, he''s just a blocker") at Lambert on a nationwide media programme blaming him for match being called off is, I''m afraid, moronic.