Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Is Shackell available to bring in on loan?

Sorry if this question has been asked or discussed recently but is Shackell available to come in on loan? Well done to Paul Lambert, the players, fans, and McNally for giving us a great team to support and rekindling my optimism for the future, which previously had been at rock bottom for the past four years. Delia must be breathing a big sigh of relief having been handed a ''Get Out of Jail Free'' card by those mentioned above; but should remember we fans have long memories. As long as she stays in the background we should be fine!! ''Happy Christmas'' and enjoy the Boxing Day'' game.

No idea if he''s getting a game or not right now.Would be nice, I rate him, but I doubt we could afford his wages.

The loan is only till January. I don''t really understand why Wolves bought him in the first place if they didn''t see a need for him?

I would really like him back, and I''m sure he would to but whether he will, thats a different story.

I''d like Shacks back and so should any sane Norwich fan cause he is a good CB whos done well for us in the past and loves the club!

I''d doubt he''d come back at the moment cause we could of got him in the summer but didn''t for a reason which I''d presume would of been his wages!

Would be an obvious signing next summer IF we got promoted this season!

[quote user="Spartan"]Sorry if this question has been asked or discussed recently but is Shackell available to come in on loan? Well done to Paul Lambert, the players, fans, and McNally for giving us a great team to support and rekindling my optimism for the future, which previously had been at rock bottom for the past four years. Delia must be breathing a big sigh of relief having been handed a ''Get Out of Jail Free'' card by those mentioned above; but should remember we fans have long memories. As long as she stays in the background we should be fine!! ''Happy Christmas'' and enjoy the Boxing Day'' game.[/quote]

Here here, and well done to Gunn for giving us the players. Credit where credit is due..

Shackell would be superb, but i doubt it, unless he really wants to come back to Carrow Road. Doc, Askou Shack and Spillane as CB''s would surely see us over the promotion finish line.

Shacks has done alright at Donny this year and popped up with the odd goal too. i expect he wont go for a massive transfer fee and they might well be in the running to sign him...

I know he did laright last season but lets move on instead of dwelling on the succeses of 6 years ago shall we.

You''ll all be wanting David Nelisen back next....

Not a case of ''moving on'' at all; Shacks is still a young player and could solve our current central defence lack of cover. He has always shown commitment to the Norwich cause and turned out some good performances. Its a shame some people on this message board are always looking for some sort of negative angle on various posts; pathetic or what.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The loan is only till January. I don''t really understand why Wolves bought him in the first place if they didn''t see a need for him?
[/quote]

Wolves did see a need for him but once purchased McCarthy didn''t rate him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Shacks has done alright at Donny this year and popped up with the odd goal too. i expect he wont go for a massive transfer fee and they might well be in the running to sign him...

I know he did laright last season but lets move on instead of dwelling on the succeses of 6 years ago shall we.

[/quote]

You miss the point Jas - Shacks is a CB who''d improve us no end in the future!

[quote user="First Wizard"]He would be superb for us again.[/quote]

Again?. yeah lets reassemble the back four that took us down.... good plan.

absolutely agree we should not go back for shacks

his best year was in the prem. where for young lad did well... moved on and progressed but very very slowly alongside doc and was part of a central defence that leaked goals... almost took us down 2 years ago

then asked roeder to leave as he wanted to move on... he did... came back here on loan and was part of a defensive pairing that took us down

we got good money for an average championship centre back... who is not getting any better and if a team likes wolves buy him and loan him straight after and then a team like donnie want him you can see his level... lower level championship defender

no need to see him back here we can pick up better cantre halves for the same money who are young who will develop

this notion of going back in for him is laughable... always hate going back for players, we didn''t achieve anything with him... so we know what he is about time to get in someone else who is hungry and has genuine talent

shacks has had his chance, his only moves now will be to teams lower than wolves... be on lower wages and find his level of play

we have all seen it, carl robinson and toronto fc. andy hughes and leeds united... somehow we thought they were worth putting in the same team as ashton, green and hux

Well its an interesting one isnt it?i suppose the obvious question is would he be first choice? IMO Doherty is a far better defender and im pretty sure Askou would be ahead of him.  Therefore why would he come here to sit on the bench?I do love the fact that because he came through the youth set up he must love the club. I mean im a Norwich fan born and rasied in Watford (family from Gorleston though so theres the connection). Pretty sure shacks is from stevenage, therefore is he really Norwich through and through? Id be very surprised if he wasnt a Spuds or Arse fan.  Therefore no more likely to put himself on the line for the yellow and green than any other professional footballer. And i guess that is a point worth bringing up.  Professionals are just that.  Whilst a player may love a club can he really put in much more effort than any other player? Obviously discounting lazy, disinterested players! A professional should be just that and there are plenty of professional CBs out there that are far far better than Shackell.I was amazed when Wolves came in for him.  As previously stated by other posters he was nothing more than a VERY average Championship defender.  His distribution from the back was pretty dire and although he is left footed (a big plus) we can pick up far better and cheaper prospects.He didnt work with the Doc for sure, so reinstigating that partnership is a no-go from the off.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

And why not ?

There is certainly a gap in our for squad for a gambling addicted, match fixing thug.