Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

Am I the only person who thought Norwich played well on Saturday?!?

So we were beaten by Chelsea, arguably the best and certainly the most expensive team in english football. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

I watch the entire match on south african television with a Chelsea supporter we were both really impressed with how Norwich looked during the first half. We had more posession than Chelsea and during open play looked equal to them. The difference in class was shown by the finishing. Chelsea had three shots and three goals in the first half. City made two errors in their own half and were punished for both. Ironically I feel we were worst in the second half and we only conceeded one, but that''s the way with football sometimes!

I honestly believe that if we continue to play to that level and with that belief this season we will stay up. Unfortunately we gave away a two goal lead and coming back against a side who''ve conceeded 3 home goals ALL SEASON was a nigh on impossible task.

Even the hugely arrogant Jose Mouriniho had to put up his hands and compliment City on their play and he knows a hell of a lot more about football than any of us and any over opionated journalist!

We were never going to beat Chelsea and thats just one of the sad facts of life, we can only look forward to boxing day and hope the team plays as well as they did saturday and not let the current bad press knock their confidence.

I like most posters thought we played well, can''t imagine why you think you were alone in the thought.

The main bone of contention was that we conceded unnecessary goals at pivotal times of the match.

Yes we played well, within limits, but the limits were that we never threatened Chelsea''s goal. For me, that was the only real disappointment, apart from Svensson''s injury. Maybe the two are connected...

I agree that we played some good stuff against a top-notch side, not giving away many chances, and looking comfortable on the ball. The problem is that we had nothing going forward at all. I can''t even remember us putting any balls in the box, let-alone chances

No, youre not the only one, we played well, though we were lacking upfront as has been said. By the way if you see a Volvo with a NCFC sticker in the back around your neck of the woods its me visiting family!

Cheers guys for a bit of optamism! I think we''ve performed comendably over the past few games, particularly with our injury crisis. It was pretty depressing reading some recent posts, particularly the sell helveg post! Bring on Tottenham I say.

Hopefully with Damo in the team anything will be possible!