Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rose of Texas

Re: WORST SIGNING OF THE DECADE??

Im going to have to plump for P.Grant.Admittedly im pretty sure he played for us in the 90s but then he did have to sign something to become manager no?Not a very good footballer and not a very good manager. Almost the mirror image of P.Lambert thankfully :)also dont think anyone has mentioned Lamberts stint over in Germany.  I think this is going to be a great help to him.  Different coaching methods at Dortmund for sure and im sure he has picked up some good habits.  Also shows the bloke is intelligent enough to leave the UK and settle in a foreign country. Im sure the increased fitness of the players is in no small part down to some form of german diet and fitness regimes.  The likes of Carragher or Gerrard being touted as future Pool managers is one to look forward to. Probably a brain cell between them.

If we''re talking pound for pound - I''d say Matthias Jonson , 1.5mil

At at time when we needed wise strengthening to give us a chance of staying in the premiership, Worthington fritters away a substantial amount on a 30 year old who had never played outside of Scandinavia who had absolutely no appetite for the English game, an incredibly poor signing that was symbolic of the break up of that promotion winning side that set about the slide which culminated in two relegations.

Two options in recent years for me...

David Strihavka - 600K - useless.

Jamie Cureton - Ashton-Earnshaw-Cureton-Relegation!