Sign in to follow this  
kev g

Them lot down the road were singing our song

Did anybody watch the fizzy pop game i cant beleive it they were singing "Top of the league at portman road" did''nt we write that one

Yeah we did and unfortunately it looks like they are going up as well.  As long as we stay up I don''t suppose it would be all that bad but I really did want us to have the upper hand for a couple more seasons so that they could live in our shadow for a while longer to go someway in redressing the balance for us living in their shadow (FA Cup win, EUFA cup win etc etc).  Still will be grateful of the 6 points next season.  Credit due though they are doing well. 

We went to the fizzy game - don''t ask why!

As usual it was like a morgue about 200 Wigan (and 3 Norwich) fans outsinging the 28000 scum spectators.  We did enjoy singing along with our song!

They might go up but they will sink straight back down, once Bent goes they lose their one nearly Premiership class player and any hope of scoring in the top league.

Wigan looked much more threatening, what I''d give for either of their strikers in exchange for Doc and £1.2m.  Not much hope of that!!! 

I''ve long since given up being bothered about them.  Yes they are doing well and look like coming up this time, but there''s a long way to go yet.  I''ve decided to  put all my energies into getting behind our own team as the festive fixtures, for starters, look more than menacing!!!

I had the misfortune of watching some of the game. Some points.

1.Agree about the morgue bit. Until Bent scored it was like a sunday afternoon cricket match .

2.When the binners did score, all they sang about was Norwich!

3. Bent is a class act. He left dear old Matt in his wake when he scored.

4. A few of them ran on the pitch again.

4. Finally, is it me or have they completely missed the irony of us singing Top of the League at Portman Road? And having a T shirt made with Delia on it, when their manager used to play for us? I don''t get it. The Trailer Parks of Stowmarket will be buzzing tonight.

It doesn''t really have the same impact does it when Portman Road... IS YOUR OWN BLUMMIN'' GROUND!!

I shouldn''t expect them to understand that really.