Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Top 3 clubs hated by norwich fans

23 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

1p5wich should be top of EVERYONE'S list......

I don't even want to waste negative energy on them!

6 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

I don't 'hate' any other clubs. Some I dislike - that's all. 'Hate' is an awful trait.

I completely agree, I feel the same about the word ‘scum’. But partly through overuse and partly through being used in a specific context, the sting has been taken out of the words. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing TBH.

The problem with disliking any club is if you get to know someone who cares passionately about a club you ‘hate’, it’s hard to justify (IMHO).

8 hours ago, Hillhead said:

I didn’t even look at the dates when I was reading the first page and wondered why Colchester were coming up so much... guess they’ve become irrelevant to most people now.

As soon as I saw the name Arthur Whittle I realised how old the thread was. I didn’t agree with much that he said, but he was a  good old Pink Un boy. RIP Arthur.

I know a Man U fan who absolutely hates Liverpool, it doesn't endear me to the man at all. He's disparaging about NCFC too, although that's the case for virtually any team smaller than his beloved club.

God some of the names on here. Houston Canary was something else. 

Interesting to see how times change- doubt anyone would list Colchester right now.

I prefer not to 'hate'. I dislike (strongly, mind):

Ipswich 

Leeds (the fans, the entitlement, everything about their attitude)

Aston Villa (personally historic)

I really don't like Leeds. Obviously, Scum are bin dipping cretins. But they're so pathetic I sometimes almost feel sorry for them (nah not really!)

Some Leeds fans have come to this city on more than one occasion and trashed stuff. Plus they're completely deluded. They live in the past, same as Ipswich fans, and it's hilarious to see how angry they get when we pinch their best players! This is a shame as I like Leeds as a place and I know a few people from that way who are cool. But, football makes people do strange things I guess.

Recently I've developed a bit of a distaste for Sheff Utd too. Their fans are knuckle dragging morons for the most part and they have been particularly boisterious during our recent scraps in the Championship and now Prem. I kind of like Chris Wilder (despite his coach monologue and constant moaning) and some Sheff U players. But some of their fans are big, slope headed neanderthals who think they're the best thing since... I dunno... fire.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Random- any reason why?

I grew up as an Arsenal fan, as my dad and brother are Arsenal fans. I switched about the age of 8. 

Plus there is nothing nice about Tottenham.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

I grew up as an Arsenal fan, as my dad and brother are Arsenal fans. I switched about the age of 8. 

Plus there is nothing nice about Tottenham.

Ha, fair enough.

My grandad was a Spurs before they relocated the family to East Anglia so I maintain a soft spot for them.

Leaving aside Ipswich as a given, it'd be Liverpool, Leeds and I find Chelsea quite unlikeable.  Wolves were a close 4th for the Muscat years, but my dislike for them is easing as the years go by.  

Mind you, this season, Villa are really getting on my nerves. Turned off as soon as they scored the winner last night.  The media are desperate for them to stay up.  Perhaps its just Grealish I dislike...

• Like 1

On 29/12/2009 at 15:07, ZLF said:
  1. Ipswich
  2. Wolves
  3. Everton
  4. Coventry
  5. Liverpool

No change for me.

I heard of an Ipswich fan who was a farmer. His family wouldn't have the John Deere rep on the farm. At one time his kids wouldn't have yellow green with green food on their plates.

54 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

1. Wolverhampton Wanderers

2. Orlando Pirates

3. Mamelodi Sundowns

I'm stunned that we are not on your  list Vinceyo

1) Ipswich

2) Liverpool

3) Man United

....although my hatred levels for no.s 1 & 3 are possibly at as lower a point as theyve been for the pair in 30 odd years due to their current irrelevance / sh!tness

No.2 however and in particular their dispicable fans will remind us all over the coming 2/3 months as they inevitably seal their 1st title win in 30 years quite why it is that they are hated so much.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Although most people think that Ipswich should come first I don’t hate them as much as I did when I was younger, mainly because I now have some friends who support them - 10 years ago I did refer to them as the scum, but don’t anymore

My teams would be:

1) Leeds

Anyone remember that fan “spainboy” who was on here and constantly wound us up during our League 1 season? I think fans of all other teams hate them 

2) Aston Villa

They’ve spent over £150m so in my opinion should be challenging for Europe, not just scraping survival. Also took Paul Lambert off us

3) Ipswich 

Although most people think they should come first I don’t hate them as much as I did when I was younger, mainly because I now have some friends who support them - 10 years ago I did refer to them as the scum, but don’t anymore. I still dislike them though and always want us to be the “Pride of East Anglia” - love this long unbeaten run we are on with them.

Can't hate any club, but Villa, Leeds and Liverpool rank high on clubs I don't particularly like. Ipswich I just feel a bit sorry for...I know I shouldn't, but the way they are being run I wouldn't wish on anyone.