Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

NCISA..........A spent force?

If only in a vain effort to dump the decade threads!

Does NCISA serve any useful purpose other than make one or two of their officers feel important?

Personally, I think they''re a spent force, instantly defunct once Chase fled.............and no longer independent in my humble opinion.

Interesting thread.  I''d like to understand what you''re saying a bit more before this descends into a slanging match.How do you mean "no longer independent"?I think the work NCISA did last year, particularly with the St Andrew''s meeting, was very useful in encouraging the people running the club to make some changes - Doncaster and Munby out and some proper businessmen in.Now the "SCG", that''s a spent force and everything you''re saying NCISA is.  But I think NCISA is still valuable and I really don''t think the dark days for our club are over, however sunny things may appear at the moment.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Interesting thread.  I''d like to understand what you''re saying a bit more before this descends into a slanging match.

How do you mean "no longer independent"?

I think the work NCISA did last year, particularly with the St Andrew''s meeting, was very useful in encouraging the people running the club to make some changes - Doncaster and Munby out and some proper businessmen in.

Now the "SCG", that''s a spent force and everything you''re saying NCISA is.  But I think NCISA is still valuable and I really don''t think the dark days for our club are over, however sunny things may appear at the moment.

[/quote]

NCISA, during the Chase Out days were vital Mr C, I won''t ever deny that, but their alledged clout was clearly demonstrated at the anti Gunn meeting at St Andrews Hall when Delia ignored them.............and re-appointed Gunn!

Independence from the club as I said, was vital in the early days, now its just a tad silly, why as supporters should they wish to remain independent from the club?..........we have a new board and the clubs moved on and so should NCISA.   

Unless some of them can''t just let go................and Delia gets constantly crucified for doing the same!

How can you say the club has moved on? Still the same owners,still the same debt, and in our lowest position for 50 years. I think the NCISA''s work may be far from over if this season doesn''t pan out how you''ve obviously decided it will. If we don''t win promotion then expect the shit to hit the fan big time.   Having met Tilly on a couple of occasions I really don''t get your little crusade, and this is a little crusade against him and not against the NCISA however you try to veil it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Interesting thread.  I''d like to understand what you''re saying a bit more before this descends into a slanging match.

I think the work NCISA did last year, particularly with the St Andrew''s meeting, was very useful in encouraging the people running the club to make some changes - Doncaster and Munby out and some proper businessmen in.

Now the "SCG", that''s a spent force and everything you''re saying NCISA is.  But I think NCISA is still valuable and I really don''t think the dark days for our club are over, however sunny things may appear at the moment.

[/quote]

NCISA, during the Chase Out days were vital Mr C, I won''t ever deny that, but their alledged clout was clearly demonstrated at the anti Gunn meeting at St Andrews Hall when Delia ignored them.............and re-appointed Gunn!

Independence from the club as I said, was vital in the early days, now its just a tad silly, why as supporters should they wish to remain independent from the club?..........we have a new board and the clubs moved on and so should NCISA.   

Unless some of them can''t just let go................and Delia gets constantly crucified for doing the same!

[/quote]

Another well thought out post by the mighty Wizard!!

You never attend meetings, you don''t know what is going on AND if you think that it is a good idea that there is no fan representation to the club then you are a bigger wiz than I thought.

Stop using NCISA as your personal vendetta against Tilly Wiz.

We have several new comittee members of which I am proud yes proud to be one.

Our intention, and it is already happening, is to offer it''s members far more than in the past.

So with all respect just leave it alone Wiz.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]How can you say the club has moved on? Still the same owners,still the same debt, and in our lowest position for 50 years. I think the NCISA''s work may be far from over if this season doesn''t pan out how you''ve obviously decided it will. If we don''t win promotion then expect the shit to hit the fan big time.
  Having met Tilly on a couple of occasions I really don''t get your little crusade, and this is a little crusade against him and not against the NCISA however you try to veil it.
[/quote]

I have, and will, remain polite over this IH, and where ever possible, I will keep individuals out of it.

Hopefully, other parties will do the same, and keep the debate on topic and insult free.

The days of protests finished years ago, and very few of us have the stomach for that sort of thing again.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another well thought out post by the mighty Wizard!!

You never attend meetings, you don''t know what is going on AND if you think that it is a good idea that there is no fan representation to the club then you are a bigger wiz than I thought.

Stop using NCISA as your personal vendetta against Tilly Wiz.

We have several new comittee members of which I am proud yes proud to be one.

Our intention, and it is already happening, is to offer it''s members far more than in the past.

So with all respect just leave it alone Wiz.

[/quote]

But I have, along with my son, attended past NCISA as a member Butler, ask Roy Blower.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Interesting thread.  I''d like to understand what you''re saying a bit more before this descends into a slanging match.How do you mean "no longer independent"?I think the work NCISA did last year, particularly with the St Andrew''s meeting, was very useful in encouraging the people running the club to make some changes - Doncaster and Munby out and some proper businessmen in.Now the "SCG", that''s a spent force and everything you''re saying NCISA is.  But I think NCISA is still valuable and I really don''t think the dark days for our club are over, however sunny things may appear at the moment.

[/quote]

[/quote]I am not entirely sure that the meeting at St. Andrews Hall was about ''Gunn Out''. Was it not about trying to get a large group of committed fans together to discuss the position of the club and how it was being run etc. I think it was more of a question of how ''comfortable'' the current board was and that how none of them seemed to take any responsibility about the results and position of the club in the league. Throughout last season we heard very little from the board members other than the same old ''we are doing what we can'' spin.I believe that that meeting along with other events put pressure on the board as a whole to shake things up. They had to prove that they were not happy with the predicament and that no one should become complacent.Although Doncaster and Munby going were possibly the two easier and straightforward moves I actually believe that in their replacements we have people that will demand more. People bang on about this Archant chap and who his loyalty''s are with - I personally believe that he is perhaps the double edged sword that will keep them on their toes from now on. If anything happens that is unjust or slightly shady I fully expect him to speak out as he has the medium in which to do it.NCISA is worth while - I think its membership would argue that. As for independant - are any of the NCISA members board members? Are any of them under the pay of any of the Norwich board members? Are any of them recieving back handed payments from current board members? If none of these then I find it hard to see where Wiz can suggest they are not independant.I think they hold what the majority of fans as importance and therefore some of the more marginalised opinions may be missed but the important thing is that should they be needed NCISA are still there - without them we would have nothing and there would be no voice for the fans.The only thing they have suffered from is the loss of Roy Blower who was a rather well known figure in Norwich due to his political connections but it was enevitable that he would have to step down at some point especially when becoming the mayor.However, no matter how brash Tilly can come across on here I do believe his no nonsense approach is what is needed and I have a lot of respect for CA and Kathy who are also quite vocal and more than reasonable in their opinions.If there is a problem with NCISA it is the same as current politics - most people like to moan about things but refuse to get off their back sides to do anything about it. %35 turn outs on average to local elections etc if you are lucky. How many members does NCISA have? Is Wiz a member?So why attack NCISA when they are essentially representing the only fans that have got out of their armchairs to do something about the way they feel about the club - whether that be good or bad?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not entirely sure that the meeting at St. Andrews Hall was about ''Gunn Out''. Was it not about trying to get a large group of committed fans together to discuss the position of the club and how it was being run etc. I think it was more of a question of how ''comfortable'' the current board was and that how none of them seemed to take any responsibility about the results and position of the club in the league. Throughout last season we heard very little from the board members other than the same old ''we are doing what we can'' spin.

I believe that that meeting along with other events put pressure on the board as a whole to shake things up. They had to prove that they were not happy with the predicament and that no one should become complacent.

Although Doncaster and Munby going were possibly the two easier and straightforward moves I actually believe that in their replacements we have people that will demand more. People bang on about this Archant chap and who his loyalty''s are with - I personally believe that he is perhaps the double edged sword that will keep them on their toes from now on. If anything happens that is unjust or slightly shady I fully expect him to speak out as he has the medium in which to do it.

NCISA is worth while - I think its membership would argue that. As for independant - are any of the NCISA members board members? Are any of them under the pay of any of the Norwich board members? Are any of them recieving back handed payments from current board members? If none of these then I find it hard to see where Wiz can suggest they are not independant.

I think they hold what the majority of fans as importance and therefore some of the more marginalised opinions may be missed but the important thing is that should they be needed NCISA are still there - without them we would have nothing and there would be no voice for the fans.

The only thing they have suffered from is the loss of Roy Blower who was a rather well known figure in Norwich due to his political connections but it was enevitable that he would have to step down at some point especially when becoming the mayor.

However, no matter how brash Tilly can come across on here I do believe his no nonsense approach is what is needed and I have a lot of respect for CA and Kathy who are also quite vocal and more than reasonable in their opinions.

If there is a problem with NCISA it is the same as current politics - most people like to moan about things but refuse to get off their back sides to do anything about it. %35 turn outs on average to local elections etc if you are lucky. How many members does NCISA have? Is Wiz a member?

So why attack NCISA when they are essentially representing the only fans that have got out of their armchairs to do something about the way they feel about the club - whether that be good or bad?
[/quote]

I''m a ex member Chicken, once Chase was gone, I quit the group.

Firstly, as someone who lives too far away to be an active member of

such a group I tip my hat to anyone who gives up time to help run NCISA.I

see no evidence that it is not independent. The fact that the club may

have ignored it points (if it points to anything) to a lack of clout

rather than of independence.The real questions are what it does

from month to month to represent fans (as opposed to getting its act

together for one-off events) and whether it is very efficient at what

it does.

The point I made in a deleted thread was that one looks in vain at

NCISA''s blog for any evidence that it does anything at all most of the

time. Now that impression may be false, and if so is easily corrected.

What I said was:

"Having read through the last 11 (it was a dirty job, but someone had to

do it) there is only one (Thank You, Paul Lambert, by John Tilson) that

remotely (in part) reads like a relevant contribution from the club''s

largest supporters'' group.

"That is a waste of an opportunity.

From now on use the platform generously provided by Archant to explain

what NCISA does week in, week out to represent fans. Every clubs needs

a thriving, well-run independent supporters'' group. Use the blog to

convince fans that is what NCISA is."

That still seems like a good idea to me.[:)] 

Well now Wiz, this is a nice divisive thread to start the New Year with[Y]

But surely if you don''t like nCIsA''s policies then you could become active within the group and push for change?

I have a bit of fun with Tilly but it''s all good banter and to be honest I wouldn''t have his position for all the tea in China![C] Football fans are fickle and their views change like the wind. Last May they all wanted nCIsA to be totally independent of the club but you can bet if we are in the top two by the end of the season many of the same fans will want nice cozy fan''s forums where they can meet their new heroes. Unfortunately in the real world decisions made have to be stuck with and there''s not so much scope for fickle.

As for me, for what it''s worth I don''t want to be a member of nCIsA. I have a lot of time for the folk who do but it''s not for me. I just want to be a Norwich fan and I believe fans are part of the club and not independent from the club. I certainly don''t want to run the club I just want to support the club and go to games.

Wiz - do you want to be independent of the club and nCIsA?

I think it''s important that they do remain independant, I would trust them more now as an independant body than I would if they were anything to do with the Club.

I think that NCISA has an important role to play as supporters voice. I know that the committee are trying to broaden the membership base, and that''s clearly the way forward, but as Nutty says, if people think there should be changes then they should join and bring them about, not sit on the outside carping.

Unfortunately, I think the organisation suffers for two main reasons. The first of these is, of course, the St Andrews meeting, which has been remembered primarily for the rebate issue by people applying the luxury of hindsight. Far from being a hotbed of revolutionary machinations that meeting offered a voice to a wide range of fans and involved some very constructive and open debate, and the vote on the rebate reflected the consensus that evening, but was in no way binding on anyone.

The second problem is people''s attitude to Tilly, and I find the constant attempts to snipe at  him rather sad. John is a very forthright person and can wind up those who don''t know him, but he lives and breathes Norwich City and is just the sort of person that is needed at the head of the organisation.Very few people would be prepared to make the sort of commitment that he has.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think that NCISA has an important role to play as supporters voice. I know that the committee are trying to broaden the membership base, and that''s clearly the way forward, but as Nutty says, if people think there should be changes then they should join and bring them about, not sit on the outside carping.

Unfortunately, I think the organisation suffers for two main reasons. The first of these is, of course, the St Andrews meeting, which has been remembered primarily for the rebate issue by people applying the luxury of hindsight. Far from being a hotbed of revolutionary machinations that meeting offered a voice to a wide range of fans and involved some very constructive and open debate, and the vote on the rebate reflected the consensus that evening, but was in no way binding on anyone.

The second problem is people''s attitude to Tilly, and I find the constant attempts to snipe at  him rather sad. John is a very forthright person and can wind up those who don''t know him, but he lives and breathes Norwich City and is just the sort of person that is needed at the head of the organisation.Very few people would be prepared to make the sort of commitment that he has.

[/quote]

Totally agree with this, it''s so much easier to snipe than to praise sometimes.  I can''t fault any of those committee members for their dedication and passion for the club, and representing us supporters when we need them most.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Well said Beausant.

I don''t really know anything about NCISA and pay little attention to anything connected to them, but my awareness to them was drastically heightened over the last few days due to "the removed thread".

The overriding opinion I now have is that Tilson displayed consistant and continual fundamentally poor decision making in his posts. His lack of professional judgement in my opinion has severely damaged NCISA''s reputation and his own.

It is ironic that I perceive the main part of his role is to question the judgement and decision making of the NCFC board. It seems to me that it would be hypocritical of him to ever do so.

I don''t think that I would be too far off the mark in assuming that this thread was initiated to further goad Tilson and stir the debate of insults, which snowballed to what could be a news worthy story, purely because of his relative public position. If that were the case then I don''t think NCISA would be shown in a particularly good light. It was definitely in his best interests that the thread was removed.

I personally could be persuaded otherwise but the conclusion I have come to is Tilson needs to consider his position for the benefit of NCISA, possibly think about the balance of being forthright and objectionable and to re-evaluate his comments publicly to restore confidence in his representations. I certainly would not wish to be represented by someone so arrogant.

His decision to not be politically correct was at best extremely naive and potentially makes him a spent force, but I doubt that NCISA will be.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Interesting thread.  I''d like to understand what you''re saying a bit more before this descends into a slanging match.How do you mean "no longer independent"?I think the work NCISA did last year, particularly with the St Andrew''s meeting, was very useful in encouraging the people running the club to make some changes - Doncaster and Munby out and some proper businessmen in.Now the "SCG", that''s a spent force and everything you''re saying NCISA is.  But I think NCISA is still valuable and I really don''t think the dark days for our club are over, however sunny things may appear at the moment.

[/quote]

[/quote]I am not entirely sure that the meeting at St. Andrews Hall was about ''Gunn Out''. Was it not about trying to get a large group of committed fans together to discuss the position of the club and how it was being run etc. I think it was more of a question of how ''comfortable'' the current board was and that how none of them seemed to take any responsibility about the results and position of the club in the league. Throughout last season we heard very little from the board members other than the same old ''we are doing what we can'' spin.I believe that that meeting along with other events put pressure on the board as a whole to shake things up. They had to prove that they were not happy with the predicament and that no one should become complacent.Although Doncaster and Munby going were possibly the two easier and straightforward moves I actually believe that in their replacements we have people that will demand more. People bang on about this Archant chap and who his loyalty''s are with - I personally believe that he is perhaps the double edged sword that will keep them on their toes from now on. If anything happens that is unjust or slightly shady I fully expect him to speak out as he has the medium in which to do it.NCISA is worth while - I think its membership would argue that. As for independant - are any of the NCISA members board members? Are any of them under the pay of any of the Norwich board members? Are any of them recieving back handed payments from current board members? If none of these then I find it hard to see where Wiz can suggest they are not independant.I think they hold what the majority of fans as importance and therefore some of the more marginalised opinions may be missed but the important thing is that should they be needed NCISA are still there - without them we would have nothing and there would be no voice for the fans.The only thing they have suffered from is the loss of Roy Blower who was a rather well known figure in Norwich due to his political connections but it was enevitable that he would have to step down at some point especially when becoming the mayor.However, no matter how brash Tilly can come across on here I do believe his no nonsense approach is what is needed and I have a lot of respect for CA and Kathy who are also quite vocal and more than reasonable in their opinions.If there is a problem with NCISA it is the same as current politics - most people like to moan about things but refuse to get off their back sides to do anything about it. %35 turn outs on average to local elections etc if you are lucky. How many members does NCISA have? Is Wiz a member?So why attack NCISA when they are essentially representing the only fans that have got out of their armchairs to do something about the way they feel about the club - whether that be good or bad?[/quote]

[/quote]Unfortunately Wiz - I sort of expected this one liner which answers nothing. Your original posts throws accusations without any support material to back it up - when I question this you seem to try and justify your position by stating you were once a member.Infact all it reveals is your short-sightedness. You joined NCISA to be a part of getting rid of Chase, who you have said or at least agreed with other people who have said was harshly treated. You then left the group once he had gone.If that is the case then I think you rather missed the point. NCISA was not set up just to get rid of Chase. NCISA was set up to ensure the fans had a rallying point should ever their voices be ignored and once Chase was out was there to ensure that that sort of dictatorship at the club wouldn''t happen again without some sort of resistance through a fan group.As for the independant bit - it simply means it represents opinions of the fans of the club and not the opinions of the board members. Its not independant in the same way Cuba is for example. Tilly is no Che unless he rides pillinger on a motorcycle everywhere . . . . .  I think its a shame that it seems even ''hardened'' veteran fans don''t seem to grasp the concept of NCISA when it has been clear to me since Chase and I was only a teenager back then.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not entirely sure that the meeting at St. Andrews Hall was about ''Gunn Out''. Was it not about trying to get a large group of committed fans together to discuss the position of the club and how it was being run etc. I think it was more of a question of how ''comfortable'' the current board was and that how none of them seemed to take any responsibility about the results and position of the club in the league. Throughout last season we heard very little from the board members other than the same old ''we are doing what we can'' spin.

I believe that that meeting along with other events put pressure on the board as a whole to shake things up. They had to prove that they were not happy with the predicament and that no one should become complacent.

Although Doncaster and Munby going were possibly the two easier and straightforward moves I actually believe that in their replacements we have people that will demand more. People bang on about this Archant chap and who his loyalty''s are with - I personally believe that he is perhaps the double edged sword that will keep them on their toes from now on. If anything happens that is unjust or slightly shady I fully expect him to speak out as he has the medium in which to do it.

NCISA is worth while - I think its membership would argue that. As for independant - are any of the NCISA members board members? Are any of them under the pay of any of the Norwich board members? Are any of them recieving back handed payments from current board members? If none of these then I find it hard to see where Wiz can suggest they are not independant.

I think they hold what the majority of fans as importance and therefore some of the more marginalised opinions may be missed but the important thing is that should they be needed NCISA are still there - without them we would have nothing and there would be no voice for the fans.

The only thing they have suffered from is the loss of Roy Blower who was a rather well known figure in Norwich due to his political connections but it was enevitable that he would have to step down at some point especially when becoming the mayor.

However, no matter how brash Tilly can come across on here I do believe his no nonsense approach is what is needed and I have a lot of respect for CA and Kathy who are also quite vocal and more than reasonable in their opinions.

If there is a problem with NCISA it is the same as current politics - most people like to moan about things but refuse to get off their back sides to do anything about it. %35 turn outs on average to local elections etc if you are lucky. How many members does NCISA have? Is Wiz a member?

So why attack NCISA when they are essentially representing the only fans that have got out of their armchairs to do something about the way they feel about the club - whether that be good or bad?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unfortunately Wiz - I sort of expected this one liner which answers nothing. Your original posts throws accusations without any support material to back it up - when I question this you seem to try and justify your position by stating you were once a member.

Infact all it reveals is your short-sightedness. You joined NCISA to be a part of getting rid of Chase, who you have said or at least agreed with other people who have said was harshly treated. You then left the group once he had gone.

If that is the case then I think you rather missed the point. NCISA was not set up just to get rid of Chase. NCISA was set up to ensure the fans had a rallying point should ever their voices be ignored and once Chase was out was there to ensure that that sort of dictatorship at the club wouldn''t happen again without some sort of resistance through a fan group.

As for the independant bit - it simply means it represents opinions of the fans of the club and not the opinions of the board members. Its not independant in the same way Cuba is for example. Tilly is no Che unless he rides pillinger on a motorcycle everywhere . . . . . 

I think its a shame that it seems even ''hardened'' veteran fans don''t seem to grasp the concept of NCISA when it has been clear to me since Chase and I was only a teenager back then.
[/quote]

If I recall correctly Chicken, and it was a while ago! NCISA were also very against one person having overall control of the club.

Okay, we all know how the Smiths got round that loophole, but pressure should still be applied by NCISA to close said abuse of that principle............and they as far as I know, don''t.

All my adult life I''ve been involved in Societies, commitees etc, even as an area rep on a National level,  so I''ve had my fill of such groups and their workings. 

Its human nature to want to be top dog, leader or on that rung of the ladder, its called ego, we all have one, you and I and officers of NCISA are not excempt either..........but I''ve had my fill of that kind of passtime nowadays, so organisations like NCISA are not for me.

At least 23,000  (After deducting away fans) who attend Carrow Road on matchdays feel no desire to join NCISA..........and its my opinion that this figure will only increase.