Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

A little OT.....Cardiff's goalie

A little late and OT but was I the only one amused to see Marshall concede four second half goals at Peterborough with his team having been 4-0 up at the break. Must have been a jolly trip back to Wales on the team bus afterwards.....Incidentally I saw him named as Dave Marshall in one paper. Perhaps he''s gone on belated charm offensive. Not before time perhaps as his people skills at Norwich were worse than his goalkeeping was at London Road last Monday.

Perhaps a look at the other end was interesting too. The first two goals that Cardiff scored did not look good ones to concede.

I feel confident that the keepers at the club at the moment are a better bet than the two ex-keepers on show in that match.

Sorry Edward, I have to disagree with you there; I''d say that both are reasonably decent keepers, but Marshall is and was far too prone to making stupid howlers - of course he made decent saves for us but was also to blame for plenty of goals in our relegation season. Forster makes the saves but to-date can really only be blamed for the odd mistake.

One of the main things you want from your keeper is consistency and that is what you get with Forster but not with Marshall.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Edward, I have to disagree with you there; I''d say that both are reasonably decent keepers, but Marshall is and was far too prone to making stupid howlers - of course he made decent saves for us but was also to blame for plenty of goals in our relegation season. Forster makes the saves but to-date can really only be blamed for the odd mistake. One of the main things you want from your keeper is consistency and that is what you get with Forster but not with Marshall.[/quote]

I don''t really think you can draw a comparison at the moment, there is a big difference in the standard of the divisions they are playing in. They are both young with only 3 years between them. I think Forster is also 3inches taller, does he seem more intimidating though? The only way I can guage who I think is better is which one I would pick in a one off game that the result was dependant on, and I think Marshall would edge it right now. It is hypothetical and irrelevant. Only time will tell.

I may be wrong, but i didn''t think it was Joe Lewis in goal for Posh!!I was always a fan of Marshall, he was a good goalie. I think him and Forster are very similar keepers, good shot stopping, poor kicking at times, and not very demanding in the box. For me Marshall would just pip it for the experience. As for Joe lewis i have not seen enough of his play to compare him to any of the goalies we have now. Still if i had my choice and he was fit Declan Rudd would be my number 1, the kid has got it all from what i have seen, good shot stopper, good distribution, good kicking, and camanding in his box.

Lewis was injured in the second half and let them all in. Bizarre injury really, 4 minutes in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YMdknQicc

[quote user="NCFC_Edward"]David Marshall is a better keeper than Fraser Forster.[/quote]Unbelievable. Not even close. Forster is a solid goalkeeper, nothing spectacular, Marshall is NOT a solid goalkeeper. I was quite happy to see him leave and to see that we recuperated so much money from him.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Edward, I have to disagree with you there; I''d say that both are reasonably decent keepers, but Marshall is and was far too prone to making stupid howlers - of course he made decent saves for us but was also to blame for plenty of goals in our relegation season. Forster makes the saves but to-date can really only be blamed for the odd mistake. One of the main things you want from your keeper is consistency and that is what you get with Forster but not with Marshall.[/quote]

I don''t really think you can draw a comparison at the moment, there is a big difference in the standard of the divisions they are playing in. They are both young with only 3 years between them. I think Forster is also 3inches taller, does he seem more intimidating though? The only way I can guage who I think is better is which one I would pick in a one off game that the result was dependant on, and I think Marshall would edge it right now. It is hypothetical and irrelevant. Only time will tell.

[/quote]

Some Norwich fans amaze me. Comparing Marshall favourably to Forster?

David Marshall is the worst keeper EVER to play for us. That includes Theo. He only played one game, Marshall was pap for two whole seasons. He cost us game after game, and yet still people defended him to the hilt (and still do it seems). Although relegation obviously wasn’t entirely down to him, we would have stayed up with even a mediocre keeper.

Then Forster comes in, barely puts a foot wrong, and seems to get no credit whatsoever from some fans. What exactly are the flaws that people identify in his game that make him inferior to Marshall? One sliced kick at Leeds? He know his kicking needs working on, but I’d rather a keeper that can’t kick than one that’s glued to his line and spreads panic amongst all those around him. Forster looks composed on crosses, dominates his box, makes key saves and looks alert. Marshall just looked like he wanted a punch.

The two are beyond comparison. And the suggestion that Forster is not as intimidating is laughable. Seriously. You couldn’t make it up. I would quite confidently predict that Forster will be one of the top keepers in the country in 5 years time.

[quote user="NCFC_Edward"]David Marshall is a better keeper than Fraser Forster.[/quote]

Wow, what a statement! How many games did you see last season? Marshall was poor in most of them and he clearly didn''t want to be here. Particularly in the second half of the season under Gunn and particularly in the crucial games away from home he was absolute pants. Forster is technically very sound and will be a top Premiership keeper.

[quote user="crab"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

Some Norwich fans amaze me. Comparing Marshall favourably to Forster?

David Marshall is the worst keeper EVER to play for us. That includes Theo. He only played one game, Marshall was pap for two whole seasons. He cost us game after game, and yet still people defended him to the hilt (and still do it seems). Although relegation obviously wasn’t entirely down to him, we would have stayed up with even a mediocre keeper.

Then Forster comes in, barely puts a foot wrong, and seems to get no credit whatsoever from some fans. What exactly are the flaws that people identify in his game that make him inferior to Marshall? One sliced kick at Leeds? He know his kicking needs working on, but I’d rather a keeper that can’t kick than one that’s glued to his line and spreads panic amongst all those around him. Forster looks composed on crosses, dominates his box, makes key saves and looks alert. Marshall just looked like he wanted a punch.

The two are beyond comparison. And the suggestion that Forster is not as intimidating is laughable. Seriously. You couldn’t make it up. I would quite confidently predict that Forster will be one of the top keepers in the country in 5 years time.

[/quote]

Sorry crab but I think you are reading what you want to read and not what I wrote. That may account for the over reaction which could not be more confirmed than your Theo statement. My whole point was that I couldn''t really compare the two, and don''t understand how others can. They are playing at a very very different standard. Who has mentioned any flaws? I''ve questioned his kicking before but we''d all be fools if we hadn''t noticed that, but that has improved. Personally I also think it''s hard to identify how intimidating and imposing Forster is because we are just not under much pressure in the box, hence the question mark. I think what little he has to do he does well, I think he''s a promising young keeper, I''m happy he''s with us. You might be over reacting on how bad Marshall is also, I guess that if he was still with us he might be finding this season very easy indeed, but like I said before it is hypothetical and irrelevant.

Not an over reaction. Marshall really was bad, and we would not be in league one had he not cost us so many points.

I mention flaws in Forster’s game because people on this thread, and others, seem to consider Marshall better than, or at least comparable to, Forster. To be so poor, he surely has to have some serious flaws, and I’m curious as to what they are.

I take, to an extent, the point that Forster is playing in a lower league, but this doesn’t apply anywhere near as much as it does for an outfield player. You can generally spot a decent keeper at any level of the game. Half the battle is looking the part. Forster’s body language and demeanour is excellent, whereas Marshall, as has been pointed out above, looked like he didn’t want to be here.

I really would like Forster to be given a little bit of credit for the role he’s played this year- he deserves it.

Plus Marshall seems to have taken to wearing an all pink kit in some games for Cardiff. is he trying to show his feminine side?

[quote user="NCFC_Edward"]David Marshall is a better keeper than Fraser Forster.[/quote]

have you been drinking???!!!!???

David Marshall was a calamity!

Plenty good enough for the slimey Scottish turncoat prick, who didn;t have the bottle to try and help us get back to the championship, hope he carries on letting in shed loads of goals for the Welsh twats.

[quote user="nick oakley"]Plenty good enough for the slimey Scottish turncoat prick, who didn;t have the bottle to try and help us get back to the championship, hope he carries on letting in shed loads of goals for the Welsh twats.[/quote]

Hear, hear. He has all the charisma of a doormat too.